Week 3

Options
Hi everyone,
I had already started the program when the group was formed so I am a bit ahead. Finished Week 3 Day 1 today. Good luck eveyone, one step in front of the other!!

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3 day 2 yesterday and we tend to be a little slow (as in we take too many rest days) so you will probably be on the same schedule as me soon (and then pass me)

What do you think of week 3?
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3 day 2 yesterday and we tend to be a little slow (as in we take too many rest days) so you will probably be on the same schedule as me soon (and then pass me)

What do you think of week 3?

I take more rest days too since I am lifting weights in between running. Week 3 isn't too bad, but I am always surprised by how that increase to 3 min is quite a change...I have completed the c25k before, so I know we can do it, keep going. Congrats on your great weight loss!!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Thanks!

I do strength training 2-3 times per week too - some days its on the same day that we do C25k. But I usually try to workout other days at least doing SOMETHING, mostly because I want more exercise calories to eat.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    From when I was there last time, I actually preferred the longer intervals. Eight runs seemed like a LOT of runs. It seemed mentally that 4 runs was sooo much easier!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    From when I was there last time, I actually preferred the longer intervals. Eight runs seemed like a LOT of runs. It seemed mentally that 4 runs was sooo much easier!

I totally agree! It sems like it doesn't take as long, not so much starting and stopping.
  • tameko2
    Options

I totally agree! It sems like it doesn't take as long, not so much starting and stopping.

My boyfriend feels the same was as you guys do but I really don't pay attention to the number so, when its time to run I run, when its time to walk I walk. But with the 90 seconds I knew there was always just a few more seconds (because the first minute is easy right) and with the 3 minutes I have to really push myself and NOT watch the clock because I'm really straining when I cross the 2 minute mark so when I finally do glance at the clock I still have like 40 seconds. Rough.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    When I got to the higher times, I found myself playing numbers games in my head. Eventhough I was running 5 minutes, something similar to the following would run through my head: "Okay, here we go, just one minute. Alright one minute down. You can do 30 more seconds, then that will be 1/3 of the way there. Made through half. You can do this just 90 more seconds, etc."

I am hoping it won't be quite like that this time as I won't have a clock in front of me to reference like I did when I was training on the treadmill. I am hoping that doing this on a track will help to get more into the feel of the run rather than how much time is left. I did W1D2 yesterday and was surprised when the runs were over! BIG change from last time when I was counting down.
  • Alexia40
    Options
    When I got to the higher times, I found myself playing numbers games in my head. Eventhough I was running 5 minutes, something similar to the following would run through my head: "Okay, here we go, just one minute. Alright one minute down. You can do 30 more seconds, then that will be 1/3 of the way there. Made through half. You can do this just 90 more seconds, etc."

I am hoping it won't be quite like that this time as I won't have a clock in front of me to reference like I did when I was training on the treadmill. I am hoping that doing this on a track will help to get more into the feel of the run rather than how much time is left. I did W1D2 yesterday and was surprised when the runs were over! BIG change from last time when I was counting down.

I found a BIG difference between the treadmill and outdoors. Treadmill was constantly watching the clock and it felt like an eternity. Outdoors the time flies - and it's not like I am any fitter second time round. I'm actually ENJOYING it this time - before felt like a grind.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I start W3D3 today.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I start W3D3 today.

Me too. well...today or tomorrow. It should be today but generally my bf whines and refuses to go.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W3D3 today - a bit nervous because that last 3 minute run was pretty tough on D2 but I'm gonna do the best I can and hopefully push through. I'm still doing it on a treadmill - getting a bit too cold and dark here to run after work outside and I'm still just getting my stamina up so it's nice in the gym to just stop and not have to walk or run back home still!

I have found that the time actually goes pretty quick. Having to adjust my speed periodically and really watch the clock keeps my mind busy maybe. I guess when I move outside I'll have to look into one of the apps for my phone - for now I just have the printout from the website in front me.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W3D1 Saturday did a practice jog for 3 minutes (I'm going to die) but after ready your comments I think it will be okay and if I don't feel comfortable I can alway stay on week 3. Thanks for be here you guys You are great.
  • tageekly
    Options
    Whoo! I did it and it was actually easier than any of the other days. Bring on week 4!

How did you do ontheskinnyroad and tameko2 (if you got it done)? And good luck to bobbi29 and gettingfit65!!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Whoo! I did it and it was actually easier than any of the other days. Bring on week 4!

How did you do ontheskinnyroad and tameko2 (if you got it done)? And good luck to bobbi29 and gettingfit65!!

Did it - just got back. the last three minutes is killer on my calves and it was still hard this time. I don't really have breath problems (and heart rate was good, went up slowly to 177, hung out there, went down when running stopped), but my muscles get tired.

Probably doesn't help that this time was a double workout, personal training then dinner then run and we did a LOT of leg work. Ridiculous lot.

I dunno, I'm apprehensive about week 4 but I felt this way about week 3 and we got through it no problem soooo.
  • gettingfit65
    Options

Did it - just got back. the last three minutes is killer on my calves and it was still hard this time. I don't really have breath problems (and heart rate was good, went up slowly to 177, hung out there, went down when running stopped), but my muscles get tired.

Probably doesn't help that this time was a double workout, personal training then dinner then run and we did a LOT of leg work. Ridiculous lot. I dunno, I'm apprehensive about week 4 but I felt this way about week 3 and we got through it no problem soooo.

Just finished wk 3 day 2 and then did 18 min of Winsor Pilates abs. ouch..Tameko 2 that is a lot of leg work..could be hard to keep up with that once you hit the longer runs...good job!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    omg sorry struggling with the "quote" "reply" button,,,really need sleep
  • gettingfit65
    Options

Way to go girl right behind you!!! Can you hear me??:tongue:
  • tageekly
    Options
    Uh oh, gotta run faster to keep ahead! Great job both of you! It's not easy on top of other stuff - I'm also doing the 30DS with Jillian and I'm on Level 3 which is lots of squats and lunges, and I did weight training on my lower body so I can only imagine doing the runs on top of that!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Me too, doing Chalean Extreme. Dreading tomorrow Wk 3, BC 2, gonna be tired..:yawn:
  • tameko2
    Options
    next time I have a heavy leg day I'm hoping to NOT have a run on that same day but I can't really control the schedule - I have to go when my boyfriend is ready to do it or he won't go at all.

And he's a big fat baby so if ANYTHING is even remotely hurting, or he's tired, or he just ate, or he doesnt' feel good, or WHATEVER he won't go. So anytime I can get him out of the chair I'm like "GREAT GOGOGOGONOW"

Tried to get him to do some upper body work today and he was like "GOD can't I even get ONE rest day?"

Uh yeah you have 4 rest days a week.

And he's unwilling to journal his food (did it 2 days and hated it) so we agreed he'd probably be fine if he just adds some strength building workouts and doesn't eat more than usual. WHINE WHINE WHINE.

So I'm guessing we'll all just hang out here for the duration of the 9 week challenge? Since this is where we all started? Orrr? Whatcha guys thinking?