Week 3

Options

Replies

• gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Why don't you guys start a Week 4 topic, or whoever gets there first, that way we can keep jumping to the next week as we work through them. New people starting can maybe join whatever week they are on and find others working on the same thing. Just a thought?

PS luv your description, reminds me of my husband. Offered him some of my spinach salad tonight with rasp vinagrette and he is like uh no thx. I said I bet if it was slathered in Ranch you would have some and he said sure would! At least he is honest, but I have to admit he has been checking out the calories on everything and is aware of how many he should have each day so it's a start....
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    There's already a week 4 topic that people started this week because they were a week ahead of us. We coudl jump there, I just think it might get confusing? I mean this is a 9 week challenge technically so like we're all gonna do this for 9 weeks (at least, I intend to keep on some kind of program for the additional 3 weeks after) right?

r maybe not. guess we should see what peopel are planning to do on the main thread
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it would be nice to have a "week" thread to visit when you progress. That way everyone has a home where people who have been there have expressed their difficulties or triumphs.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it would be nice to have a "week" thread to visit when you progress. That way everyone has a home where people who have been there have expressed their difficulties or triumphs.

I like that idea so if you don't feel ready to move on to the next week, we still have a place to post.

I did complete w3d1 and I did it. I thought I would die on the 3 minutes but I did pretty well. I really proud of myself.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Today I graduated W2D3 so on Wednesday I start week 3. I was really dragging *kitten* today so I'm not sure if I can do 3 minutes! Here's hoping!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Today I graduated W2D3 so on Wednesday I start week 3. I was really dragging *kitten* today so I'm not sure if I can do 3 minutes! Here's hoping!!!

I was scared of it but it turned out to be easier than I thought - in some ways it was easier than week 2.

Make sure you are eating enough - have a small pre-run snack 1-2 hours before you run (or if you're me wolf down a chicken sandwich 20 minutes before -- but you probably shouldn't, I just have a really strong stomach). And make sure you are well hydrated before you go! being low on fuel or water can really slow you down.
  • gettingfit65
    Options

I like that idea so if you don't feel ready to move on to the next week, we still have a place to post.

I did complete w3d1 and I did it. I thought I would die on the 3 minutes but I did pretty well. I really proud of myself.

Good for you! You should feel proud, I will be doing my last run of week 3 today!
  • redfroggie
    Options

I was scared of it but it turned out to be easier than I thought - in some ways it was easier than week 2.

Make sure you are eating enough - have a small pre-run snack 1-2 hours before you run (or if you're me wolf down a chicken sandwich 20 minutes before -- but you probably shouldn't, I just have a really strong stomach). And make sure you are well hydrated before you go! being low on fuel or water can really slow you down.

I can do the pre-run snack but no way could I eat a chicken sandwich LOL. I save my Graze punnets for snacks. I had a touch too much wine last night which may have something to do with my dragging. The football pitch I normally run at was very over run with games today so I had to run in a smaller side pitch and it's slanted so half way around I was running at an incline, I know that's where I really struggled. I am feeling it in my calves today and normally they don't bother me. Will need to get in some strength training on my legs Monday and Tuesday at the gym.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Week 3 all done...see ya in week 4!!
  • redfroggie
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!! And then some...

I have been stressing over W3D1 since I finished W2 on Sunday. Only because I didn't think I could manage 3 minutes at one go. Well I had my pre-run snack out of my Graze box and I headed out. Today the NHS chicky-babe was not messing around and we started the 5 minute warm up walk. Then on to the 90 seconds which wasn't too bad. The 90 second walk was too short though and on to the 3 minutes. I decided to think of something, anything to make the time go. In 3 weeks hubby and I are going to Germany for the Christmas markets. We are going to Munich. I've never been! So what did I think about? The food and the mulled wine I will be consuming LOL. But I got through it, did the walking then did the next set of runs. When I finished I did another 3 minute walk and thought there was one more 90 second run, but there wasn't. I had mentally prepared for it (which takes a lot of effort by the way) so I decided to do a 90 second run on my own! I was then far enough around the pitch that it was a 5 minute walk home. Now I am bouncing off the walls!!! I DID IT I DID IT!
  • shydaisi
    Options

I have been stressing over W3D1 since I finished W2 on Sunday. Only because I didn't think I could manage 3 minutes at one go. Well I had my pre-run snack out of my Graze box and I headed out. Today the NHS chicky-babe was not messing around and we started the 5 minute warm up walk. Then on to the 90 seconds which wasn't too bad. The 90 second walk was too short though and on to the 3 minutes. I decided to think of something, anything to make the time go. In 3 weeks hubby and I are going to Germany for the Christmas markets. We are going to Munich. I've never been! So what did I think about? The food and the mulled wine I will be consuming LOL. But I got through it, did the walking then did the next set of runs. When I finished I did another 3 minute walk and thought there was one more 90 second run, but there wasn't. I had mentally prepared for it (which takes a lot of effort by the way) so I decided to do a 90 second run on my own! I was then far enough around the pitch that it was a 5 minute walk home. Now I am bouncing off the walls!!! I DID IT I DID IT!

That is awesome!!! You should be bouncing off the wall proud of yourself. :)
    I am hoping to have that kind of success on Monday when I start week 3.
  • bobbi29
    Options
    yeah W3D2 Completed!!!!!
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

WOO HOO!! You are AMAZING!! I'm just starting week 2 and don't see a problem with it, but I'm really worried about W3. Not so much anymore. I love your idea of dreaming of food and wine in Germany!
  • redfroggie
    Options
    yeah W3D2 Completed!!!!!

Well done!
  • redfroggie
    Options

WOO HOO!! You are AMAZING!! I'm just starting week 2 and don't see a problem with it, but I'm really worried about W3. Not so much anymore. I love your idea of dreaming of food and wine in Germany!

Thanks! It's not as scary as I thought, you will be fine. I'm so glad dreams are calorie free lol.
  • bobbi29
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 see you guys in Week 4 I can believed I made it this far.
  • redfroggie
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 see you guys in Week 4 I can believed I made it this far.

Well done!!!
  • redfroggie
    Options
    W3D2 DONE! Oh and I weighed in today, 1.8 lbs lost! Yay I finally broke through my plateau. Now I just have to hold on to it over the weekend. Happy running everyone!!!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I completed week 2 today!!! Looking forward to week 3! I will do day 1 on Monday.
  • redfroggie
    Options
    I completed week 2 today!!! Looking forward to week 3! I will do day 1 on Monday.

Congrats and welcome to week 3. It's not so scary. Sunday is my last day then on to week 4! Good luck.