Welcome new memebrs! Tell us abit about your self :)

Options

Replies

• Citoxeartist
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and looking to lose about twenty lbs. or get down to a size 5-6 whichever comes first. I'm currently a size 10 which isn't bad but its not where I want to be. I used to average size 6 when I modeled, which is another goal as soon as I shed some lbs!

I am a portrait artist so my daily life is very sedentary....hence the reason I got the Wii and games. You may check out my work at www.mayatrimner.com

I am beginning the 9 Week Challenge on Wii Sports Active 2.....hopefully that helps! I am joining this forum because I want the motivation and support and want to contribute likewise to help you all reach your goals!
  • sarabirdcanfly
    sarabirdcanfly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old college student. My dream is to move to LA and work in music management or audio engineering. I love music and California more than anything but I currently live in small town Wisconsin. I'm a really social person who loves to make new friends so feel free to add me and tell me all about yourself!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi I am just staarting wii fit, I used to have wii fit plus but my disc messed up and instead of paying $20 for a new one, I went to the second hand store and bought the originial wi fit for $2. I figure it's not the game, but what you do with it that makes you successful. Also I am new to MFP from Sparkpeople. One reason I like MFP better is because it works with my windows phone which great. I look forward to working out with you guys.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am 26 I love my Wii Fit it is the only exercise I do having self- esteem issues I cannot get up the confidence to go to the gym but I love the freedom my Wii Fit gives me. I love the Will Fit plus it's going to make me skinny!!
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi. 5'6" married mom of two boys here. We got the Wii for the boys & I've discovered a few mom things on there I like! I like the step, yoga, hula hoop & am awesome at the zen focus thing with the candle (did I mention I teach elementary school?-I can block out anything-lol) Anyway, I find that when using the Wii fit plus there is a lot of starting & stopping, a lot of "rest time" in between activities. I may be on for 30-40 minutes, but really don't feel like I've worked out. I'm sure I'm not using it correctly, just jumping around from one activity to another. I would like to use the Wii in addition to my elliptical & treadmill. I get bored & need to switch around quite often. Hoping I can get some tips from the group on how to use it more effectively.
  • teachmrk
    Options
    Hello! I got the Wii Fit for Christmas and I am having tons of fun trying it out!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey to all the new members! Nice to have you here! Looking forward to get to know all of you! I just posted the new challenge! So let's get started!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi.

5'10" and I have about 100 lbs to lose. I gained it all after my father died - 10 years ago! Thank God, my health is pretty good per my checkups -- no sign of diabetes, low cholesterol, and low (too low) blood pressure. Clothing and mobility has motivated me lose it.

I've had a Wii for a couple of years but just starting to use it daily -- 2.5 months now. I use Wii Fit, Zumba, and Just Dance discs. Started with MFP on Friday and like what I see so far.

Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I can use the encouragement.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi.

5'10" and I have about 100 lbs to lose. I gained it all after my father died - 10 years ago! Thank God, my health is pretty good per my checkups -- no sign of diabetes, low cholesterol, and low (too low) blood pressure. Clothing and mobility has motivated me lose it.

I've had a Wii for a couple of years but just starting to use it daily -- 2.5 months now. I use Wii Fit, Zumba, and Just Dance discs. Started with MFP on Friday and like what I see so far.

Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I can use the encouragement.

Nice to have you here! Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, with a goal of FIFTY by FIFTY! That's 7.25 months away. I am down 3. SO..I'm single, no kids, only my dad and dogs to worry about, so WHY would I be in the predicament? First a back injury started it, then lazy, avoiding pain, and eating too much. I eat pretty well, but just too much. I LOVE wii! I typically do: tennis, cardio boxing, cycling, kayaking, running for workouts. Besides that, I like jet skiing, and try and get my 80 year old dad to do some balance games. My wish is that there was a FASTER step workout, and tennis without the interruptions when missing a shot. This is GREAT!
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a home-school mom of 4 kids Ive been marred to my Husband for 21 yrs:love: . I have three horses two dogs and a cat. I love being outside. I hate exercise. I love all types of food. [thats why I am fat] I am allergic to wheat. I volunteer as a camp counselor, a venture crew adviser, I work with kids who cant afforded camp and help them earn there way. Im into photography and I love to fish. Last but never least I love God with all that I am and always try to do what is right by Him :}
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    HI Sue, Hi Duck,
    nice to meet you both.
    Good luck with your weight loss .
  • teachmrk
    Options
    Can I get in on the challenges, please? I some more challenge. ha ha. Thanks for your help.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi Teach
    join in the challenges by all means, and welcome.

Can I get in on the challenges, please? I some more challenge. ha ha. Thanks for your help.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hello new members, thanks sooo much for joining in. Head over to our challenge week 14 and week 15 and start working out :) Thanks again.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    You sure can!!!
    :)
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Hi welcome... Thank you so much for joining in. I will check out your website :) Your in the right place to get motivated :P thank so much.

I'm 5'6" and looking to lose about twenty lbs. or get down to a size 5-6 whichever comes first. I'm currently a size 10 which isn't bad but its not where I want to be. I used to average size 6 when I modeled, which is another goal as soon as I shed some lbs!

I am a portrait artist so my daily life is very sedentary....hence the reason I got the Wii and games. You may check out my work at www.mayatrimner.com

I am beginning the 9 Week Challenge on Wii Sports Active 2.....hopefully that helps! I am joining this forum because I want the motivation and support and want to contribute likewise to help you all reach your goals!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Heyyyy girl. Welcome... LA ROCKS I've been there and i didn't want to leave. Im sure you will reach your goal if you put your body mind and soul on it :)

I'm a 19 year old college student. My dream is to move to LA and work in music management or audio engineering. I love music and California more than anything but I currently live in small town Wisconsin. I'm a really social person who loves to make new friends so feel free to add me and tell me all about yourself!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Hi there, Wow its only for 2$ thats awesomeeeee. good deal. I love doing the running, the jackknifes, the hula hoop ect.. MFP rocks i love it and i love making new friends :)
    Hi I am just staarting wii fit, I used to have wii fit plus but my disc messed up and instead of paying $20 for a new one, I went to the second hand store and bought the originial wi fit for $2. I figure it's not the game, but what you do with it that makes you successful. Also I am new to MFP from Sparkpeople. One reason I like MFP better is because it works with my windows phone which great. I look forward to working out with you guys.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    helllooooooo. Im the same way like you. That why i made this group so we can all try to get motivated.. keep on it and u will see results.
    I am 26 I love my Wii Fit it is the only exercise I do having self- esteem issues I cannot get up the confidence to go to the gym but I love the freedom my Wii Fit gives me. I love the Will Fit plus it's going to make me skinny!!