2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! I did and am glad to say I moderated my drinking rather well for the most part. Iate too many sweets, but never just got uncomfortably full or anything. I also logged 3 miles on the mill and walked 45 minutes with my Mom and Daphne yesterday. I still feel fluffy.

We have no plans this weekend and I'm glad. We've got some friends coming in from out of town for New Years, and then I plan on hibernating most of January, getting my diet back in check, and getting back to regular workouts. I made some goals for the new year and am sort of inspired.

Hope you're all doing well!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Even though I skip breakfast everyday, I ate way too much, I drank way too much and I exercised never!!

I am fat and out-of-shape and that did NOT take very long!

Hubby's bday is tomorrow and then diet-month begins. Bring it on, i'm f*cking ready for it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    We did a 7-course tasting menu at a fancy-pants restaurant for hubby's bday.

I ate only half of each plate that arrived - and my husband ate his own portion plus my half! Everything was deeeeeeee-lish, but I was just so sick of eating!

Anyway, it was a super-fun time and we really liked the food.

Today feels like a "no eating" day - we are traveling home! Mind you, that doesn't mean "no calories", as I sit here with plenty o' Bailey's in my coffee. Forgive me - that's what it takes for me to survive these holidays!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Amazing how we work SO hard to lose inches or portions of inches off of our bodies and a weekend of binging seems to almost undo it. I feel quite bloated today also. I did better with my drinking, but sort of ate whatever. Had takeout and/or leftovers for almost every meal. Feeling it today. One more week and then I need to get back on the diet horse again.

I did get some movement in this weekend. I took a quick walk before friends came over Friday. Saturday I did some yoga which was quite nice. Yesterday I ran a few miles and walked some with Daphne. I was wearing out pretty quick and thought I was just dragging *kitten*, but when I came home and clocked my distance, I realized I was running almost 9 minute miles pushing a stroller! That is super fast for me without stroller! So I was pleased. I've got tomorrow and Wednesday off so plan on getting some good workouts in. I was actually dreaming about lifting weights last night/this morning. I think my body is trying to tell me something.....
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am F.A.T. With no motivation! I got a stomach bug, didn't eat for 2 days and yet still gained nearly 3 pounds! I can't stop eating and I don't feel like working out. But I will. I have to. I have to have a plan for the week or I will keep stuffing my face. I might try to do DVDs in the am and elliptical in the afternoon, just to jump start my weight loss. I weighed this am for the challenge, but plan on going back to Fri weigh ins. I only have 5 days and want to get off some of this fluff. Plus, I need my work pants to fit when I go back.

Ashley - that's awesome! Way to keep it up.

Beeps- I'm glad you had fun and showed some control in your eating. I baked cookies with the girls on Christmas Eve and ate half of them myself!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I am NEVER commenting on someone's status again. I do not like the notifications for everyone else who commented. I will only like status' now
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    BTW, I am thinking about doing a cleanse. I know there are lots of reasons "to" and "not to", but my body always just feels a bit lighter after "cleansing". I sort of think Dr. Oz is a D-bag, but I had book marked this months ago and think I may give it a try. I may incorporate some protein in some form by day 2. I got a "sport blender" for Christmas and it's currently at work so I'm all set.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today it is back to logging and counting and exercising and ALL of IT! I'm ready....here we go!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    What do you all think about creating a new topic, or even new(private?) group to start off 2014? I have a feeling we'll get a lot of stopper-inners after the new year that will post once or twice and never come back. Just an idea...... I think everything is totally public as it is, and given how this board has really turned into more of a small group of women keeping each other motivated (and sometimes talking about our 2 week goals), maybe we should start an "Original NTHG's" or something. Thoughts?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    There are almost 8,000 NTHG's currently!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I've officially fallen off the logging wagon - not entirely sure if I will pick it back up in the New Year, as it doesn't seem to do me much good. But I've kept up with my workouts and finally finished stage 1 of NROL4W today. It feels good to finally have a stage under my belt. Not sure I'll continue with Stage 2 as I'm trying to get pregnant and I've heard mixed thoughts on whether lifting is a good idea while trying. I'm kinda ready to just say f it and go ahead with it anyway. I may have gained weight during the first stage, but I FEEL so much better, and I have muscles! I've been doing my best to moderate my drinking and have been doing really well with staying under 3 drinks on weekend nights. We'll see how much longer I can keep that up.

@Beeps- tasting menus are awesome, but can definitely start to feel like too much at the end. Way to have self control!

@Kclynch - I hear ya. I stopped commenting too. I wonder if there is somewhere in the settings we can change that.

@Better- more power to ya (on the cleanse). I don't think I could do that without being a complete and utter biotch to everyone around me. I think a new topic/private group is a great idea.

Ok that's all I can see for now. Also, how the heck is it almost 2014 already!?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't mind new people stumbling in here....sometimes they stay! (that's how we all got here....)

I also don't mind the idea of an "original NTHG" thread....in one of my other groups, I just have a "Daily Chat Thread" and that is pinned at the top!

Good luck with conception, ramalem - if I was to re-do my pregnancies, I'd totally lift throughout them! Instead, I was W-A-Y too much on the cardio track (didn't even *know* the weight-training track existed, though, to be fair to myself....)!

I did get my lifting in-and-done, today.

IT TOOK 90 FRICKIN' MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    New Year!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    In honour of the rolling in of 2014....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's time to....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    roll....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    this....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    thread~!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is where the "last 10 lbs" girls live and breathe.

This is where the girls that are NOT that heavy, in the first place, come to vent and discuss, plan and execute.

We (sometimes) post our "plans" for the upcoming 2-week-period (usually on Mondays, but no magic to this!).

And, sometimes, we have set challenges that you can opt-into if you want the "accountability" piece to help you on your fitness/nutrition journey.