2 week challenge

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
I wanted to recreate the 2-week challenge in the "group" section. This is where we set our own challenge and try to stick with it for two weeks. Check in here with your progress, challenges, strategies, etc.

Replies

• Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    Sounds good :) Atm I'm about 56.5-57 kg, and I'm hoping to reach 55 kg before the end of November. What are your stats and goals?
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :) I'm still doing the same challenge as in the other thread :)

1. Cut down on carbs (adjusted to 45%.. will slowly try to move to 40%)
    2. Work out 5-6 days a week.

So far this week I have worked out 3 days in a row.. I will try to do something this afternoon... Maybe I will find a short work out on youtube, does anyone have any suggestions? I will also bring my 30 DS down to my bf's house this weekend and steal his computer to play it and do a level :) I'm losing this pooch if it's the last thing I do! haha
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Now that I've reached the healthy weight range for my height, I'd like to lose about 5-10lbs more and tone!

To do this:

1. I've re-started the 30DS but plan on skipping a few days on Level 1 b/c Levels 2 & 3 are definitely more challenging.
    2. Instead of the typical cheat weekends I have, I'm only gonna give myself one cheat meal on Sat & Sun - or maybe one cheat meal period.

Food has been my biggest weakness so far. The weekends are especially hard because we do a lot of errands/shopping and tend to eat lunch or dinner out.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 112. I have 110 as my goal weight but I am really just wanting to lose body fat, especially I want to tone my tummy.
    Currently, my challenge is keeping carbs under 40%, getting 100 grams of protein,
    I am eating at maintenance cals but not recording exercise, which is 30 day shred at the moment. I am doing it until Thanksgiving, then I am going to try the Jamie Eason live-fit 12 week trainer, because 12 weeks after Thanksgiving I am going to Cozumel.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I am 5'6" and 122. I would like to lose body fat and tone. I currently have 5 days left on 30 day shred as well as I use a treadmill I have at home. In 3 short months I will be getting married on a beach in Mexico! Thats all the motivation I need to keep it up. Christmas and New Years are going to be tuff to make it through. My personal challenge is to get my butt on the treadmill for at least 30mins a day, min 4 days a week, and get my water intake up again. :smile:
  • amysj303
    Options
    wow, luvsun, I didn't know you were getting married! or if I knew I have since forgot! Congratulations, that is very exciting but a great motivation to be reasonable for the holidays and stick to your goals. Are you gonna add some strength training to your treadmill after 30DS?
    I finish 30DS on Nov. 22. Starting the 3rd level on Saturday. I did it last year too so I remember how challenging Level 3 can be, and Level 2 is no cakewalk for me either. That last strength circuit is impossible for me to do!
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP (originally joined for the calorie counter app), and just getting started. My goal for the next two weeks is to continue getting routine exercise (30 min at least 4x a week) and to actually stick to my calorie goal. MFP is telling me I should be netting 1200 calories, but so far I've only been able to average about 1600. :-/
  • fitjunk
    Options
    wow, luvsun, I didn't know you were getting married! or if I knew I have since forgot! Congratulations, that is very exciting but a great motivation to be reasonable for the holidays and stick to your goals. Are you gonna add some strength training to your treadmill after 30DS?
    I finish 30DS on Nov. 22. Starting the 3rd level on Saturday. I did it last year too so I remember how challenging Level 3 can be, and Level 2 is no cakewalk for me either. That last strength circuit is impossible for me to do!
  • fitjunk
    Options
    ^^ Might start Ripped next. My body gets used to the Shred levels really fast so I need to step it up a bit. Im in the begining phases of buying a fitness club, planning wedding ,Christmas 2 young kids, etc, so I need to do someting that is fast (30-45mins)! Any suggestions are welcome.:smile:
  • amysj303
    Options
    I liked the sexy female workout on tnation:
    http://www.t-nation.com/article/bodybuilding/sexy_female_training&cr
    there is a cardio element each day. I thought the workouts were quick, definitely under an hour.
    Bodyrocks is another option, they are quick, intense workouts.
    Sounds like you have a full plate, but that is exciting about buying a fitness club. Will that be your job?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    I am changing it all up, just to see what happens....and, I'm not weighing myself during this process (I'll gauge by how clothes are fitting).

1. I'm reading "Body for Life". I can't do 6 meals per day, but will try 5 meals per day. I think I'll increase my calories to 1400 per day (from 1200) - I'd rather see .5 lb lost (per week) than the 0.0 I've been experiencing.
    2. I'm only going to do cardio once per week (maybe twice on weekends when my kids sports' aren't in the way). The rest of my work-outs will be weight-training.

I wanted to lose 10 lbs. by Dec. 12th. I have lost about 0.8 in the last 3.5 weeks. So, screw that deadline - I'm not gonna make it. BFL is 12 weeks, so I'll just say that if I've lost INCHES in that 12 weeks, it's a good thing.

:)
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ^^ Might start Ripped next. My body gets used to the Shred levels really fast so I need to step it up a bit. Im in the begining phases of buying a fitness club, planning wedding ,Christmas 2 young kids, etc, so I need to do someting that is fast (30-45mins)! Any suggestions are welcome.:smile:

I was planning on doing Ripped next also! I heard it's definitely more challenging than the Shred! I'm curious to see any posts on this work out!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm down!

My 2 week challenge is to eat maintenance calories for 2 weeks and stay within my goal.

When I have done this I am going to get back to the business of losing my last two lbs.

I am also going to make sure I exercise 5 times a week - three of which must be running related, and take two rest days.

Good luck everyone:glasses:
  • keiraev
    Options
    Oh yeh & I am 5ft 3.5 and 122lb - I want to be 120 by Xmas!
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm training for a half-marathon in January. I'm determined to run the entire thing, training 5 days a week. I'm in week two of twelve. I'm more concerned with burning fat and getting tone at this point, but would like to lose the last 5-7 lbs by the end of the year. I'm 5'4" 126 lbs.

I'd like to work on what I eat the next two weeks. Whole, super-nutritious foods.
  • keiraev
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm training for a half-marathon in January. I'm determined to run the entire thing, training 5 days a week. I'm in week two of twelve. I'm more concerned with burning fat and getting tone at this point, but would like to lose the last 5-7 lbs by the end of the year. I'm 5'4" 126 lbs.

I'd like to work on what I eat the next two weeks. Whole, super-nutritious foods.

I am doing one in March :) It's my second one so am hoping to get a better time this time. Another reason why I am eating Maintenance now- I need the fuel!
  • tbbaddict
    Options
    HI! I just joined the group today. I am 5'3" and 115 lbs. I would like to get back down to around 105 lbs. I lost about 5 lbs over the summer doing the Insanity program. I started the turbo fire program a couple of weeks ago, but need to start adding in some running. I am running the NY marathon next year and also plan on doing a half-marathon in April. I haven't run for the last 5 months so need to start up again. My challenge for the next two weeks is to run at least 15 miles per week. Also, I am going to try to cut out unhealthy snacks (i.e., cookies, candy bars, etc.) - they are a weakness for me.
  • jessingh84
    jessingh84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Now that I've reached the healthy weight range for my height, I'd like to lose about 5-10lbs more and tone!

To do this:

1. I've re-started the 30DS but plan on skipping a few days on Level 1 b/c Levels 2 & 3 are definitely more challenging.
    2. Instead of the typical cheat weekends I have, I'm only gonna give myself one cheat meal on Sat & Sun - or maybe one cheat meal period.

Food has been my biggest weakness so far. The weekends are especially hard because we do a lot of errands/shopping and tend to eat lunch or dinner out.

Omg I have been doing this program too, mind if I join your challenge??
  • amysj303
    Options
    every one is welcome to join, it's a "pick your own adventure" kind of challenge!
    I have not shredded for three days, but I am going to today. Level 3. But I have a hangover.
    Nothing to eat in the house but I hate grocery shopping on Sundays...
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Well I'm failing the exercise part of my challenge... I've been way too busy to work out! I guess that's a terrible excuse, but my family had an early Thanksgiving today and I was baking and preparing for that!! And I was trying to spend a lot of time with my bf since I won't see him for 2 weeks.. he seems to be "allergic" to any kind of exercise too! This week will be better though! I am going to my Jazzercise class Monday, Tuesday and Thursday definitely, then I don't have work on Friday, so I will hopefully go Friday morning.. then maybe Saturday morning too... that's my plan, I'm not sure how well I'll follow it though... Feel free to send me reminders :P