2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    AScheif - sounds like your wedding dress shopping was superb! Smaller than high school?? I'm going to assume you are marrying quite young, then, lol!! (I got married over age 30 and, while I was likely around my high school size, I can safely say I wasn't SMALLER than high school!)

I start my 2nd week of weight-training today. I'm doing upper body. Lower body on Wednesday and Upper body again on Friday. I'll fit cardio in on Wednesday and Saturday. That's it for me, since I'm stepping away from the scale this month.

My gala is Dec. 12th....I showed my daughter my dress, today, and she gave it the thumbs' up (she's 9...)! Her dress is on order, so hopefully it arrives this week because she is pretty excited! (Boys are in tuxes, so that will be nice, too.) I wore this particular gown about 6 years ago, but I'm smaller than I was then, so I'm hoping this weight-training will kind of pump up muscles in the right places. Only 3 weeks to go!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Jen, glad your surgery went well. Don't overdo it! Did you share what your surgery was for? I don't remember...
    Beeps, only a couple of weeks til your gala. How fun! I love an excuse to dress up. My husband's Christmas party is Dec. 8 but it isn't really formal, just at a nice restaurant.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back Jen :)

Beeps - What is your gala for again?? Congrats on fitting in your dress again and getting thumbs up from your daughter!! 9 year olds can be hard to please! I'm sure you will all look wonderful for that night :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Not doing so hot today...NAUSEA and upset tummy.

For those who don't know, I got a mini tummy tuck Thursday Nov. 17. I had 2 sections and a 30 lb weight loss which left me with extra skin I wasn't comfortable with. I took before pics but haven't posted them yet. Not sure if any of my pics on my profile show the skin...prob not, lol. I'll get some up when I have decent before and after pics.

All this talk about dresses makes me wanna shop!!! Not gonna happen though when I have a drain tube tagging along with me, lol!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Oh, I think that is great, Jen, I can't wait to see the before and after pics!
    Not good about the nausea and upset tummy, but that is general anesthesia (?) so it will take a little time for your body to go back to normal.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, jenomaha, yep, do tell more!! (I don't know anyone who has had a cosmetic surgical procedure like a tummy-tuck - so I'm curious!)

PS - I didn't ever NOT fit into my gown....I actually own 6 gowns which I just rotate through, but this particular one I had worn so often (about 6 - 8 years ago), that I stuck it in the back of my closet for a "rest". And, now I'm gonna debut it, again!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Thanks Amy!!

Beeps, i was totally comfortable deciding to get a mini tummy tuck because the doc said he would be able to use my c-section scar, just elongate it a little bit. My scar is so low, that I would still be able to hide it in a bikini, so it was easy for me to say "yes"! If it were higher up like a full tummy tuck, I don't think I could've done it, because I can wear a bikini now. It was just frustrating for me to work so hard on nutrition and exercise and have that skin sag there, even though I could "hide" it, I just was enough to piss me off, lol!! I'm only 4 days post op and I can already see a difference. I'm supposed to really see results at 3 weeks post op, so I am waiting impatiently, lol!! I'll keep you all posted :)

As far as pain goes, I don't have any. I have one drain, which is a minor pain in the butt, but totally tolerable. Some people have 2, so I won't complain. My husband has been very supportive and my friends have been taking care of me too, so as of right now, it seems to be totally worth it!! time will tell!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Well I didn't get in any exercise over the weekend (other than yard work, if that counts), but I ate pretty well and I was very productive--I bought floor mats for my basement so I can do exercise videos down there and I signed up for the Miami Marathon! So now I have extra motivation to workout and no excuses not to.

I'm a little behind on the weight-lifting part of my 2-week challenge, but I've been taking the stairs at work and every day it gets a little easier.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I did 30DS last night, not sure if I will do anything tonight, though.
    Ris, sounds productive and yard work is sort of like exercise!
    How you feeling today, Jen?
  • shander7
    Options
    Jen - I can't wait to see the B/A pictures :) I have a hard time believing you could look any better, but I'm willing to look and find out! ;)

Ris - yard work definitely counts! it's more than you usually do in a day and it uses more muscles than you realize :) Congrats on signing up for the marathon too! That's awesome :)

Amy - Good job on doing 30DS again :) When are you starting the Jamie Eason plan? Will it work through the holidays you think?

I just found new motivation... I remember last year when I went out the night before Thanksgiving this guy (who always kind of creeped me out, but I was friendly with him because he was my sister's friend) poked my stomach and said "someone's gained some weight since high school" and it made me want to cry right in the middle of the bar! This year I know I'm at least the same size as high school (number weight is lower than in hs too) so I hope I don't have any comments like that again this year!

I did jazzercise yesterday and am gong today as well... if I'm not hung over on Thursday I will go in the morning, but I can't make promises! I am definitely going on a walk after Thanksgiving dinner though, so that will count for some exercise. Friday will have a bit of exercise fighting the black Friday crowd :P But I will try to get something else in! I will attempt at exercise the rest of the weekend too, but it's looking pretty busy as well... I will do my best to get something in though!

I also have my Thanksgiving plan set as well.. eating a normal breakfast so I'm not starving by the time we eat, drinking lots of water before and during, filling my plate with veggies before I add the stuffing & mashed potatoes and only getting seconds if it's for salad! No extra bread, no gravy.. Small piece of dessert most likely too, just a small piece though!!!

Hopefully I can stick to this :)
  • amysj303
    Options

Amy - Good job on doing 30DS again :) When are you starting the Jamie Eason plan? Will it work through the holidays you think?

I just found new motivation... I remember last year when I went out the night before Thanksgiving this guy (who always kind of creeped me out, but I was friendly with him because he was my sister's friend) poked my stomach and said "someone's gained some weight since high school" and it made me want to cry right in the middle of the bar! This year I know I'm at least the same size as high school (number weight is lower than in hs too) so I hope I don't have any comments like that again this year!

That guy is an idiot, but regardless, you should feel good about your hard work and figure!
    I plan to start the Jaime Eason plan on Sunday when we get back from Grand Junction. We are going to Grand Junction on Thursday, so I don't think I will exercise that day, unless I take a walk or something, but they do the meal at 5:30 so it will be dark afterwards. Anyway, maybe I can find a place to jog on Friday or Saturday.
    I think it will be hard to stick to Jaime Eason through Christmas, but the first 4 weeks are no cardio. I think the way I have it, there will be a couple days rest around Christmas.
    Eating will be hard because there are events and parties in December, but I am going to try to restrict drinking to two glasses of red wine. I know I will have some "can't miss" holiday treats but I hope it will help me make better choices most of the time.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jenomaha, thanks for the information - I was curious and you've resolved that for me, now!

I did end up doing 2 work-outs yesterday, which was unexpected - I did my weight-training at lunch and then I was staying at work late when a colleague wrangled me into a cardio class last night.

After PROMISING myself that I would NOT step on the scale. I DID step on the scale. And, yep, my weight was "up" since last weigh-in.

:(

I'm determined to keep on the weight-training track (and OFF the cardio-track)...but, seeing that number made me pretty miserable.

:(
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sooooooooooooo, my period showed up today! I'm going to presume THAT is why my weight was up on Monday night. But, who knows??

I'd like to go onto a protein shake program for 2 weeks. I'd like to lose any/all the water weight I may be hanging onto (because of weight training) and I'd like to FOR SURE drop 5 lbs. to ease my mind before the xmas season.

Please don't flame me for this. I'd actually just like to challenge myself to stick-it-through. I've never dieted in my life, so I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Anyway, I thought I'd start tonight and just replace my evening meal with a protein shake (low sodium) and try and stick to that over the next couple of weeks, keeping my breakfast and (healthy) salad lunches just the same.
  • shander7
    Options
    Beeps - as long as you get all of your nutrients in I can't blame you for trying something!! I think keeping breakfast and lunch healthy is good, and just make sure you get enough calories for the day with your work outs! And tom definitely makes the scale go up, it is very disappointing to see the number increase though.. Keep us updated on the protein shake program and how it's working for you!

Amy - That plan sounds good :) You can stay strong, you avoided all of the (sugars??) for those 2 weeks one time!! You'll do great :)

Tonight I'm going out and seeing a lot of people I haven't seen in a year, so it'll be interesting!! Wish me luck! :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    yeah, Beeps, I don't know if that will help with water weight but it probably won't hurt. I think some PMS drugs have a mild diauretic that helps with bloating, like Midol.
    Have fun at your reunion, Shannon!
    I did avoid flour and sugar and alcohol for two weeks, good memory!
    I am excited to try the Jamie Eason plan, and I hope I can keep to the diet at least 80%!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Today is the last day of week 1 of my 2 week challengek and I am happy to report the scale said 143.6 this morning!! Down almost 3 lbs in 1 week! i wasn't totally consistent with my new eating plan as I was out of town on the weekend, but I ma taking it 1 day, and 1 meal at a time....Hopefully I can keep it going for the next week!
  • amysj303
    Options
    That's great! 3lbs in a week is probably a result of eating fewer carbs. I think I just read that a gram of carbs holds onto 3 grams of water. That is why low-carb dieters see quick results. Not to discount your hard work, eating clean is a big challenge of mine.
    Good luck to all the American NTH Girls, have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's great! 3lbs in a week is probably a result of eating fewer carbs. I think I just read that a gram of carbs holds onto 3 grams of water. That is why low-carb dieters see quick results. Not to discount your hard work, eating clean is a big challenge of mine.
    Good luck to all the American NTH Girls, have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

No offense taken! I definitely agree, I use to eat a ton of carbs! I still have carbs with every main meal - but the difference is the amount I am eating - I really think that has been the biggest adjustment for me, I eat less than I did before, but because I am eating so often I am never hungry! It does take a lot of planning and like I said I haven't been perfect, the temptation is still very much there - but I am just glad to be seeing results because that does keep me motivated!

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's an AWESOME one-week loss, AScheif!! My gosh, you'll DISAPPEAR if you keep that up!!

I'm not in the USA, but yes, dear neighbours, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Wow, you all are doing so great!!! Success stories left and right, eating plans for Thanksgiving, workouts!!! I'm impressed and I'm jealous, lol!! I can't wait to jump back into all of this again with you ladies!!! I will ease back into it slowly and aiming to start y clean eating and logging again on Monday.

I got my drain tube removed today and feel so liberated! 3 more weeks of wearing my binder and then I can start working in weights! I posted some before and after pics and what my stomach "really" looked like, like I said, I could hide it. Also some after surgery pics. Feel free to ask any questions!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!