2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Had a GREAT workout yesterday, despite not wanting to do it. Did a bodyrock workout, 16 minutes and I was sweating like a pig. New favorite exercise: Ninja Jumps!! Right after did my 5k W3D2 interval workout and I completely shocked myself, in just two weeks since I last did 400m sprints I went from 1:44 at best to 1:37.

Today to satisfy a friend I am trying out her Dukan diet that she's raving about. I don't think it's the right diet for me but who knows, maybe a little system shock will be good thing. It's all protein and by planning ahead I can see how it would work for someone with a large amount of weight to lose, because I am having a hard time thinking of ways to eat all my calories today, but long term the diet recommends not doing vigorous exercise so for me I can imagine most of my weightloss would be musclemass lost. Right now at 129lbs I am an inch smaller in the waist and hips than I was two years ago at 120lbs.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Hey Beeps, when you do your DB rows, are you doing single arm? bending over? lifting heavy enough? That would be targeting your mid back. Switching to the lat pull down is going to target more of your side back muscles (hence your lats). If you'd like to target the mid back, maybe you can try a seated cable row? Instead of putting your feet on the foot rest, put your feet on the floor, engage your core, pull straight back with your elbows brushing alongside your ribs and squeeze between your shoulder blades, releasing with a 4 count. Or on a freemotion machine, you can combine squats with cable rows or even hold a squat while you row, or incorporate single arm rows...
    I used to have a weak back and lot of lower back pain. As my core has strengthened and as I've stretched my hamstrings more, my back pain has disappeared. But I suppose it depends on each individual, the cause for the pain and other factors. But increased core strength has definitely improved my back all around.

And lastly, on the squatting with a barbell and not having a spot...I know there has been controversy on using the Smith machine or not, but I've incorporated it in my workouts and I feel really comfortable doing it on my own using it. I am able to go deep and a little heavier.

Ok, I'm done! Just some of my thoughts, lol!! :happy:

oh my gosh - this is EXCELLENT ADVICE!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I should incorporate some "seated rows" with a machine - this I can do.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Down to my last 1lb and my calorie goal is now 1500 NET. Trying to stick to that and not weighing myself for 2 weeks, that is my challenge at the moment :)

Hopefully by Dec 16th I will be at my target weight- fingers crossed!

Good luck kierav. I'm kind of in a similar boat (at least on the "weighing" thing) - I shouldn't weigh. I did last night. I'd dropped 1 lb....the lb. I gained for my TOM, I suspect, lol!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    nadine, I don't think you should do the Dukan diet - you've already posted all the reasons WHY it is NOT the right nutrition plan for you. I have "friends" on it - for SURE they are losing muscle mass. And, for SURE they have a ton of weight to lose. Keep up the good nutriton, here, and make sure you keep your strength-training - a whittled body is SO WORTH IT! (Remember, the number on the scale is only ONE type of measurement of "health" - there are 3,214 others.)

chloe - I'm glad you CELEBRATED on your birthday. Now, cut OUT the guilt and move forward. ONE day (and YOUR special day) IS JUST FINE! You won't make it a "habit", which is ALL that matters!

asjerven - I'm with you about indulging in alcohol every now and then. I enjoy cocktails, myself - I'm allergic to wine!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did 2 work-outs on Monday (lower-body strength-training at lunch and cardio after work). I did 2 work-outs yesterday (Wednesday) (upper-body strength-training at lunch and cardio after work).

I am tired today. But, I think I want to squish in another lower-body strength-train because I won't have ANY work-out time on Friday, and Saturday is my cardio day. So, we shall see what today brings - it is in my calendar, but my muscles are still sore from Monday, so I'm unsure.

I did step on the (stupid) scale yesterday. I am down 1 lb. But, I was up (more than) that last week with TOM. I know I shouldn't be weighing, at all...given that I'm trying to strength-train. But, I AM running a calorie deficit, so, logically, I want the scale to go down. It isn't.

My husband is going to "measure me up" this weekend. Let's see what the tape measure says everywhere. And then, whether weekly or every 2 weeks, I can have him measure me up again, and see som OTHER signs of "success" - because it sure AIN'T gonna come from the SCALE!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi! Can I join? I am in my ideal weight range (actually lower than my goal weight) but want to tone up. I had three kids in 3 1/2 years and would love to have my abs show thru! I am doing TurboFire and training for a half marathon in February. I am a cardio girl but know I need to add weights in to the mix to see results! I am really trying to focus on eating clean also. Off to read some of the thread!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    welcome seesaey! everyone is welcome. Wow and congrats on 3 babies in 3.5 years!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I dunno...I kinda want to cry for seesaey - 3 BABIES IN 3.5 YEARS??!!!????

omg
  • seesaey
    Options
    Lol Beeps, sometimes I want to cry too! Haha, no, its great having them so close together although can be hectic at times! All 3 get along great and play really well. I am just glad that I have found something to do for "me time". Working out really does keep me sane! For the next to weeks I will focus on drinking more water and eating cleaner (like not eating a piece of cake after a days worth of eating healthy food!.... sigh)
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am within about 5-10lbs of what I like to weigh and need some holiday accountability! I was doing well before turkey day bit got all off schedule and am having a hard time getting back in the groove.

What does the 2 wk challenge entail exactly???
  • amysj303
    Options

What does the 2 wk challenge entail exactly???

It's not, exactly:tongue:
    You can pick your own 2-week challenge, tell us what it is and check in with your progress. It can be exercise and/or nutrition and you can pick something new every two weeks, or try the same thing again, or add something extra.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well. Day Four not quite a success. I was so bored in my training class yesterday that I went and got a big bowl of frozen yogurt from across the street. Because the class went long, didn't have time to work out at all. Then it turned out that the venison we were supposed to cook for dinner had never thawed, so went to the Mexican place. I behaved ok at dinner but had blown the calories so badly with the yogurt that I ended up WAY over for the day. :-(
    Today is going to be bad too. Both lunch and dinner are out and even if I try to behave I will be over on calories with no time to work out today at all either. Boo!
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    oops
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I joined this group just over a week ago and have been meaning to post but just haven't done so...so here it is

I am 5'4" and as of this morning weigh 127.5 :bigsmile: goal weight being 125 which I think might change to 120 once I get there.
    I plan on pushing myself harder in the month of December then I have done, I am currently doing week 4 of Ripped In 30 and when I finish I plan to do a combination of RI30 and P90 - ab ripper 100/200. The challenge that I have set for myself is for the month of December and I will be adding 100 Jjacks & 100 crunches to my daily exercise.

Good luck to all of you on reaching your goal

Lisa
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    So Dukan Diet 1 day trial was an epic fail, I feel awful! -3.8lbs on the scale (in one day WTF??) so despite the 2 liters of water I drank I know all that water just went straight through me. I feel so severely dehydrated my stomache is cramping up like crazy. I even had to go back to bed for an hour after breakfast because it hurt so much! Not really sure the best way to counter act the damage but my plan is to eat lots of water heavy fruits and veggies today and I am actually hoping to see the numbers go back up on the scale tomorrow!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No excercise today. I have something going on with my ankle and I was very sore this morning from a ballet class last night. I need to be careful as I have three Nutcracker performances this weekend, although if I feel better tomorrow I'll pop into a cross training class in the am.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 5 of JELF was a rest day from exercise, food was ok, mostly. I do have a hard time getting enough protein and I should have more vegetables, but there's only so many I like and I don't even want a salad with every meal.
    No exercise til Sunday now, for the plan, so I am just going to try to not make a big mess of things with the eating, although I don't know where we are going for dinner tonight and going out with friends it is hard to not drink beer! but likely I will be drinking wine or vodka soda tonight and tomorrow, but I am going to try the moderation thing!
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am a little behind in joining so today Was my day 1. iwanted to focusing my eating and I am starting a new gym trial tomorrow. I am super pumped about the gym b/c with my recent promotion I will have west coat hours (even though I live on the east coat) so I am looking forward to early classes...like 9am. I can't do 7 or 730! I hate mornings.

Calories are on par today. But I did eat some sushi today...oops.

My challenge is going to be 5 days a week of working out and filling out my cals...even on the weekend. ESP before going out so I know how much each drink is.
  • seesaey
    Options
    Yumm sushi!!

So clean eating wasn't too great today. I ended up getting my once a year Pumpkin Spice something-or- other from Starbucks... Clean eating fail! I skipped my afternoon snack too. Sigh. I did get my Shakeology again in the mail so I know that will help with the sweet cravings! I didn't bring a water bottle with me either- this is harder than I thought!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    So I logged all week for the first time in a couple of weeks. I noticed I didn't net my cal goal all week (wasn't hungry) but I went over today (makes up for the lower days) and decided that since I naturally eat this way, I'm gonna base my caloric intake on a weekly basis. Less during the week and a bit more on the weekend, kind of sort of, lol! I just found myself forcing food down my throat to get closer to my cal goal when I wasn't even hungry, but then like today, I was hungry, ate more and went over.

Xpost:

So, I'm giving myself a range based on my BMR (1098) and some modified calculations from freedieting.com, looks like this:

Weekly avg rangeGoal 7700-8504

Cycling
    Mon 1215
    Tues 972
    Wed 1093
    Thurs 1215
    Fri 1458
    Sat 1336
    Sun 1215

Or something like that. I'll see how it goes! Have a great weekend ladies!