2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I changed up my workout today...I will be combining RI30 with P90 alternating day's and levels and I have stuck with the 100 Jjacks and 100 crunches...I can say that I have done an extra 1300 crunches and jumping jacks on top of my regular exercise with only another 1800 to go LOL.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, last night I seemed to think I could do my workout at home, but I did day 19 instead of 17, so I think I'll be fine if I do 17 on thursday. Legs are on today, and I am still sore from Sunday!
    Last night was ok on carbs before bed, but the night before I caved and had some chocolate.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Been pumping the iron again, tomorrow will be one week and it feels AWESOME :bigsmile: !!!! Oh I missed it so much. Last night was the best workout and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. Today was a quick cardio session and the sauna...so lovely :)

Haven't been doing so good following my zig zag schedule, lol but I am staying under my cal goal :happy:

Amy, you should be fine switching the two. Love that sore feeling...I have it too!!

Hope you all are doing well!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been MIA!!

Gala was AWESOME - I do have a pic to post, but will have to:

a. figure out how to post a pic, here; and
    b. do it from home - can't get onto flickr.com from the office!

My arms don't look as "buff" in the photo as they do in real life (in my opinion), but I also wasn't gonna oil myself down before heading out to a fancy ball!

Anyway, I haven't stepped on the scale this week - and that makes me feel good! But, I also haven't had a work-out since Monday, and that makes me feel bad.

:(

Today I am doing an upper-body work-out and tomorrow I'll do a lower-body work-out. Saturday will be cardio. I'll get back on track and be ready for a new 2-week challenge on Monday!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Sorry for being so MIA!! I was in Florida visiting my grandparents and eating terribly! They bought food specifically for me, so they kept on giving it to me and saying that they would have to throw it away if i don't eat it (talk about guilt trip!) So I ate a bunch of junk including chips and ice cream and stuff, but now it's time to un-do all that! I did go for daily walks with my grandmother, but that obviously not a strenuous work out! I'm back to eating right today though! I need to get back in the habit of not eating nightly snacks and stuff.. I'm going to jazz tonight and I'm wicked excited, I've missed it the past few days! You all seem like you're doing well!

Beeps - I'm glad you had a great time at your gala! I'm sure you looked beautiful :) I can't wait to see the pictures!

Jen - Great job! I'm happy you're feeling better!

Amy - good job on your workouts, it seems like you're doing great! Good luck with the carbs :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    This week I have been good with the workouts and pretty good with the food, certainly not perfect. I am taking tonight off, though, but I don't think I will be too bad, just plan on a reasonable dinner and a couple of beers. I was avoiding beer but it is so much cheaper, and I have to think, is wine really that much better for my clean eating?
    Anyone have an opinion on that? Maybe I will ask the lushies on that thread:wink:
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I have also been MIA! Work has been crazy busy as everyone is trying to get stuff done before the holidays, and I have been attending a chiropractor 3 times a week for this stupid accident I was in - Still not able to do upper body workouts, so my legs are coming along nicely! :laugh:

I am glad to see everyone is doing so well! Beeps can't wait to see the photos!

Amy, unfortunately wine is better for you than beer in terms of small quantities! But if you are going to indulge anyways, then why not indulge with beer! :drinker:

I finished my last class of bootcamp before Christmas yesterday, so my 2 week challenge starting on Monday will be to work out at least 3 times a week on my own. My other goal is to remain under 145lbs over the Christmas break as well!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    asjerven, we have 67 calorie beer here....that's what I favour because it makes me feel "full" and I don't indulge in a lot of (bad) food that way!

(But, I'm allergic to wine, so it probably isn't fair that I'm answering this question.)

Good for you, AScheif - you really have been maintaining to PERFECTION!

I confess I've been wandering the threads, today, and the "Hot girls with muscles" has me wondering if it will even be POSSIBLE for me to get to any level like that?? I mean, it isn't my CAREER to work-out. And, I am not using supplements, or whatever they do, to get ripped like that. AAAggggghhhhHHHH, DOUBT!!!!
  • AScheif
    Options
    I confess I've been wandering the threads, today, and the "Hot girls with muscles" has me wondering if it will even be POSSIBLE for me to get to any level like that?? I mean, it isn't my CAREER to work-out. And, I am not using supplements, or whatever they do, to get ripped like that. AAAggggghhhhHHHH, DOUBT!!!!

Beeps! check this out - here is a link to my trainer's website, this is her testimonial about her most recent body transformation that she did - no supplements and no crazy working out - just daily workouts and clean eating. This story is such an inspiration to me because it makes me realize that yes, it is possible. Just takes work and dedication! Hopefully it might give you a little bit of inspiration :)

http://massonmusclefitness.com/about.php

*note - take a look at other pics in the photo gallery - obviously the competition day photos are not what she looks like on a regular basis because yes there is some crazy diet stuff that happens for 2 weeks before the competition.
  • amysj303
    Options
    well, I have not checked out hot girls with muscles, yet, but your trainer's testimonial is amazing. Really amazing that she's competing 6 months after having a baby!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Gosh, AScheif, thank you sooooooooo much for posting that link. I REALLY needed that, today. You have NO idea how much I needed that - so thank you!!

Can I ask you, what does "clean eating" mean?? What am I missing that could help me attain a (similar) goal?? I don't want to compete, but if she can get that body after 6 months with a baby, I should be able to get there in 6 months (although I cannot devote my life to it - I'm NOT a personal trainer and I'm not trying to be!). How old is she??

Wow, I'm amazed by her story. Really amazed.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    aschief - great link! She made an amazing transformation!!

Beeps - eating clean means eating foods in their most natural form, unprocessed foods. Fresh fruits, veggies, complex carbs, lean meats. Kind of like if man made it, don't eat it. Here is a link- http://eatingcleanworks.com/what-is-eating-clean.html

If you want to get "toned" like the ladies in that Hot women with muscles thread you need a combo of three things: regular strength training, some cardio and a clean diet. I'm not a 100% clean eater by any means, but when I did commit completely this past summer to cleaner eating, I got fantastic results in only 5 weeks. I dropped 10% bodyfat, 10 lbs and like 12 or so inches. I will be attempting this again come Jan 1 to get ready for my Cabo trip.

If you want it, you can do it!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I wanna look like those hot women with muscle, or like you Jen! Your pics look great. I know the clean eating is the hardest part of the formula for me. But last week I only drank alcohol on two nights-Thursday and Saturday.
    This week is going to be a challenge on eating right, I bought some stuff at whole foods, I just needed easy things for breakfast and lunch, tried to pick things with protein.
    I found some yogurt with 100 cals and 14 grams of protein so that is pretty good.
  • amysj303
    Options
    this week looks like it will be a challenging week of managing diet and exercise so I might just lower my expectations;)
    I had a bloody mary and a beer yesterday.
    Friend in town for dinner tonight, probably will not be on the approved foods list.
    Tomorrow I can be compliant.
    Wednesday-pasta lunch and lasagna dinner, and wine, likely
    Thursday and Friday I can be compliant, then the holiday weekend, then phase 2 of the JELF plan.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will check out that "clean-eating" website, jen. I do a lot of protein bars and shakes, though....I wonder if that counts me out right there?

My 2 week-challenge, starting today, is to do strength-training 3 x per week (this is week 6 that I'm starting - can you believe THAT??) and fit in cardio twice this week.

Also, I'm only permitting Late-Night Snacking once this week and twice next week.

And, I'm challenging myself to spend zero dollars (on products - I'll be eating out sometimes...) before January!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    AScheif, I've been thinking a LOT about your trainer. Trying to see if it is "realistic" for me. So, does she work outside the home?? (Or was she just dedicated to home-making and working out??) I can work-out everyday, I suspect. But, I don't believe I could do it for longer than 30 - 40 minute sessions. So, that might kill it right there, which is fine....so long as I try and figure out "what can I reasonably accomplish by lifting heavy in 30-minute sessions once-per-day??"

And, I guess I need to figure out what "clean eating" means (to me)?? If it means never any beer or butter or whatever, than I guess I'd better figure out, going in, if I want to be THAT strict, or if it means less to me to be THAT strict than it does to simply have the body I have.

These are all my thoughts today....

PS - My husband suggested that the picture of your gf is a bit of a misnomer...she may have just had a baby, but he says ALL of her muscle tone was right there - so in losing the weight at WW, she probably brought out the muscle tone she already had. Is that true? (I suspect, if she's a "personal trainer", that she's in very good shape to begin with, baby or no baby...)

I already have pretty good muscle tone, but would either need to lose weight so you can see it, or bulk up so you can see it. (Or both.) I think.
  • AScheif
    Options
    AScheif, I've been thinking a LOT about your trainer. Trying to see if it is "realistic" for me. So, does she work outside the home?? (Or was she just dedicated to home-making and working out??) I can work-out everyday, I suspect. But, I don't believe I could do it for longer than 30 - 40 minute sessions. So, that might kill it right there, which is fine....so long as I try and figure out "what can I reasonably accomplish by lifting heavy in 30-minute sessions once-per-day??"

And, I guess I need to figure out what "clean eating" means (to me)?? If it means never any beer or butter or whatever, than I guess I'd better figure out, going in, if I want to be THAT strict, or if it means less to me to be THAT strict than it does to simply have the body I have.

These are all my thoughts today....

PS - My husband suggested that the picture of your gf is a bit of a misnomer...she may have just had a baby, but he says ALL of her muscle tone was right there - so in losing the weight at WW, she probably brought out the muscle tone she already had. Is that true? (I suspect, if she's a "personal trainer", that she's in very good shape to begin with, baby or no baby...)

I already have pretty good muscle tone, but would either need to lose weight so you can see it, or bulk up so you can see it. (Or both.) I think.

Hey there!
    So firstly, as I said in my previous posts, the picture of her on competition day is not what she looks like on a daily basis – in the last week or so before competition they go on a crazy diet to drain their body of all excess fluid which is what makes the muscles stick out – if you go to the “gallery” page on her website you will see other photos of what she looks like on a daily basis – the muscle isn’t nearly as “crazy” there!

Secondly, and I know we hate to hear it, and as a big “foodie” myself I hate being the one saying it, but its really all about what you eat – and if you want to attain a certain goal you need to be prepared to make some sacrifices – but that doesn’t mean cutting anything out completely – its more about moderation….. rather than having beer and wings every day – its one day a week, etc…..I will be the first one to admit that I didn’t want to hear this, but it really is true, like I mentioned before, I have not been under 145lbs in almost 10 years despite consistently working out 4 times a week for over a year now, and I can say that this morning I stepped on the scale and I was at 141!!! And I have been able to maintain that weight loss for the past 3 weeks….that includes going to a Christmas Party, Stagette, etc. and I have not changed my workout habits at all – in fact I have only been working out 3 times a week over this period of time due to the weather and being busy…so it really has been the change in my eating that has made the difference…

Again, I am not claiming to be an expert on healthy eating, and as I said I am not following it perfectly either, but I have noticed that the changes I am making are making a difference – like you said Beeps, its all about what it means to you…..

In January I am going to “officially” start the nutrition program with my trainer, for 120 days – I want to see what it’s like, and at that point in time I will be more strict on what I eat – only indulging once a week in other foods…. I have taken before pics, and will keep you posted along the way….

I don’t want to clutter up this post with any bigger message than I have already written, but if you have any other questions I will try to answer as best I can!
    :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I thought it probably was a LOT about the "nutrition" piece. So, that's fair AScheif.

I think I might look into "clean-eating" a little bit more in the new year. I don't drink a lot of alcohol (usually 2 drinks on Tuesday nights - which is date night with my husband - and that's it!). And, since I've curbed my night-time snacking, I don't really eat a lot of junk, either (except when I do choose to late-night snack....)

Congrats on 141!! That is something to be proud of, for sure. So, good for you!!

If you feel comfortable posting the nutrition plan you are going to begin (120 days), I'd be interested in seeing it - maybe I'd join you??
  • AScheif
    Options
    yeah it is sad that it's all nutrition - but so far it hasnt been that bad for me. You sound a lot like me - I generally eat healthy anyways so it hasn't been a MAJOR adjustment so far!! And the part I like about it is its not about calorie counting!

I won't be getting the details of my program until January, but I will definitely share the insight with you and we can be clean-eating buddies!! In the meantime though I suggest looking at some of Tosca Reno's Clean Eating books - I have one of her cookbooks and the "Just the Rules" book, and its really helped me get a start :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do rely quite heavily on protein bars (low sodium and low-carb) and protein shakes, though. So, I think that's where I'll have to be "out" for clean-eating....because I can't see replacing them with anything else.

But, I think I can challenge myself to "eat clean" with all the OTHER things that I eat - all the time. Even that should make a good difference, I think.

I can't buy anything until January (our household rule - "no self-purchases in Dec"), but I would like a "buddy' - so hand it over when you can!

(I see your trainer is in Calgary, so I was gonna e-mail her, even to pay her, just to see what her nutrition plan is all about!)