2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Sorry, things have been crazy! I didn't log on Sun....I didn't eat anything crazy, I just didn't feel like logging so i was probably silver? I will do better at posting on Mon next week, Shanaber. Thanks again for running it.

I need to go back and log yesterday too. I am finally seeing the scale move in the right direction. I knew I just needed to step up my workouts. I have worked out 6 of the last 7 days...just about everyday since getting back from Florida.

Beeps- Nice dress! 5 pounds in July sounds tough, but I am also hoping to drop 4 pounds in July...then 2 pounds a month after that.

Ram- you are one fit mama! Keep it up!!!

Welcome, Kadi!

Abigail- Sorry about your race! That's a bummer. We got a lot of rain the day before and the day after, but the 4th was good.

Ashley- I am glad it was just a scare but wow, that must have been very stressful! You are also one fit mama! You're doing great.

I miss Chui and Jenn too. I also miss mamareese. People come. People go. It makes me a little sad.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! Here is the link I used to learn to grill it: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_grill_pizza/. It was super easy once you get the hang of it. The once thing I would recommend is to have two people working on it and to have ALL ingredients ready before you start cooking. Once you start, it moves real quick.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Good check-in, ramalem!! You must be tummy-heavy by about now....

shanaber - I love the dress, too! I really want to order it in an "8", but I probably won't....I will order the "10" and just "be safe". I know, I know....but that way, I can also be sure my shoulders fit (I'm pretty big in the shoulders!)....and my big ol' hips can slide in it, too!

kclynch - 5 lbs in July WILL be tough, but I'm including that initial "whoosh" I get when I just get serious about calorie-deficit and lose the carbs....that's why i am doing a more measured August (3 lbs) and September (2 lbs).

Funny, anyway, because I am not stepping on the scale (using the tape measure).

The '10 lbs lost' is another way of me saying I want to lose an inch off my waist....and hopefully in the next 10 weeks I can DO THAT!
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me Shanaber. I'm usually under but I think sometimes I'm too under.

Beeps - that dress is gorgeous. I have a wedding in Nov. By then the nights should be warm so I will find something in sept I think.

I slept in! My kids are at my mother-in-laws for the week and today is my day off so I turned off my alarm last night. 9.45 am - I haven't slept that late in 6yrs! I was up at 1am watching movies though
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That dress is perfect, Beeps, beautiful!

Ram, I haven't tried to grill pizza, what's the secret? pizza stone? dough? I have some recipes with my garden veggies on pizza and that might be the way to go.

No star for me either, I am starting fresh this week. I overdid with the mexican food last night but I went light tonight and I am going to get a star even if it's not platinum.

I got a interval workout Sunday, on fitnessblender.com, has anyone else tried it? It's free and pretty good, the one I did. It was no-equipment, tabata style with some core work.

Tonight I did treadmill hill intervals, weather wasn't going to cooperate for trail run but maybe this weekend!

I have my cousins wedding in the Poconos in September and it's the weekend after labor day so I want to take the week off and do something around there. At first I was thinking Atlantic City but I don't know-we could go to the Poconos and chill for awhile, or NYC, but it's kind of expensive, but we wouldn't need a rental car for it...

Sorry, thinking out loud. but if anyone wants to weigh in?
    I found a dress at the ARC for $10 and it's a 6 (Express) which I would have thought would be too big but it is snug! well, weigh in tomorrow-I haven't for awhile but will be curious to see. Size is just another number eh?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Ran today and it felt wonderful! But my foot was so sore this afternoon. I was super busy at work and between the two I was in a really bad mood when I got to the gym :angry: Thank goodness for trainers who know when to give you the tough workouts and heavier weights to work out the stress and get your mind off things. The hug helped too :happy:
    Still feeling down, frustrated (and fat) with my foot keeping my from really getting in a regular cardio workout but I see the doctor again tomorrow so maybe I can get a pass to do cardio at the gym instead of running for a while. I also think keeping my calories low is getting to me but I am terrified of gaining if I go up with so little exercise.

Thanks for the link Ram - I am going to have to try the pizza, it just sounds so yummy! I have lots of fresh basil so I am thinking maybe a grilled chicken pesto pizza mmmm....

Amy - I am going to have to check out fitnessblender - I have not done any of those workouts. Also if it were me - I would go into NYC, go to TKTS and get (cheapish) tickets to see a show. and dress size (like weight) IS just a number and varies greatly depending on the brand, store, designer, cut, style, etc., etc.... I honestly like Beeps idea of not looking at weight but looking at measurements and where you want to be - that said I have had an incredibly hard time moving away from the scale and only weighing once a week. I am tied to that feedback - positive or negative.

Kadi - enjoy your time to sleep in and get refreshed/rejuvenated!

KC - wow 6 workouts in 7 days! way to kill it!!
  • Kadi82
    Options
    Amy - I like fitness blender. But I don't burn as much as they say. The 1000 workout is around 600 for me. But it's still good as I got bored easily with other programs
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    well I'm bummed this morning....I went to go do my 3rd Piyo workout today and the disc stopped working. The seller said they would send me a new one, but now I have to wait. I am thinking I will just restart hopefully next week if I get it before then. This week I will just continue eating well and running and yoga.

Still crazy busy at work and my department moved buildings, so everyone is bringing cookies and stuff....I managed to avoid everything yesterday and plan on doing the same today.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    oh yeah, mamareese?!?!?!? is anybody friends with her here at mfp and can check-in????

Amy - size is TOTALLY just a number....keep YOUR eye on YOUR prize which is YOUR tape measurements! The rest does not matter....

shanaber - sorry about the foot...I would be totally frustrated, too!!!!

Chloe - eating well and running and yoga is a PERFECT combo!

I will lift today and because the weather is just SPLENDID, I will go for a walk after work....will repeat tomorrow. Friday, my kid has baseball so I'll do that in the evening. And, Saturday means scheduled cardio, a pedicure, son's afternoon baseball and finally a GIRL'S NIGHT BBQ at a friend's penthouse patio!!

I am pre-logging ALL my calories this week! It will be nice to have flat-belly for Saturday....but more importantly, keeping in mind my MOTIVATIONAL DRESS!

flat-belly should come from carb-depletion that I am doing this week....
  • ramalem
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

I got my fist lift in of the week yesterday and it felt so good, I need to remember that feeling next time I'm dragging my feet :laugh: So far I'm on track with my goals for the week. Hoping that taking the week off next week for vaca won't derail my progress. I plan on getting a lot of walking in, so I'll just need to make it a priority.

Beeps - Definitely getting tummy heavy. I miss zipping up pants...

Amy - The secret to the pizza is just making sure you rub the grill with a paper towel soaked in olive oil and making sure the grill is crazy hot (500+) and it will just get a good crust. It scared me at first, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. That link I posted has all the steps and I followed it to a t. Also go to NYC. It's so much fun!

Shanaber - So sorry about your foot. Injuries are so frustrating. Have you thought about swimming? I can't really run long distances anymore without feeling like I need to pee every 2 seconds and that has been frustrating for me too...

Hi Kadi!

Chloe - I agree with Beeps - eating well and yoga make a great combo. Good for you for avoiding all those goodies.

That's all I can see/remember. Hope you all have a great Thursday!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I had a nice day off yesterday. Got in some running intervals on the way to the park. I'm basically doing run 5 minutes, walk 2. I did 4 internals yesterday and walked quite a bit. My lower back was telling me about it. Which by the way, I forgot about back pain and pregnancy. I sat with a heating pad every night for a good part of my last pregnancy. Ugh. Working out does make me feel better, especially my pilates-strength class I do at the office. I ate pretty well yesterday, but I'm just eating a lot of sweets. Mostly 40 calorie popsicles, but it adds up. I slept great last night, which was nice as I did not the prior 2 nights.

Ram, have you tried Bella bands? You can extend your regular pants by not zipping them and covering them with the bands. Good job on lifting!

Beeps, Reese just left MFP unanounced. One day she was just gone....I wonder what happened to her? Sounds like you have a plan. I agree prelogging is very helpful.

Chloe, sounds like you're doing well despite life seeming to try to foil your plans!

Shana, sorry about your foot. Injuries are so frustrating! I agree with Ram, maybe try swimming? I really miss swimming laps....

I can't see anything else, but I remember the grilling pizza topic. I love doing that! I agree with Ram's advice. Also, I use tongs and metal spatula to flip the pizzas. Additionally, I use a wood padle with corn meal on it to slide the dough onto the grill. I love that thing. Does anyone have a good homemade dough recipe? I always use store bought packets you just add water to, but I feel like I could do better. I used to make pizza often, but have not done it in a while.

Well I better run. We have very little planned this weekend so I should be able to get in a run and some yoga as well as relaxing. Have a great day all!
  • ramalem
    Options

Ram, have you tried Bella bands? You can extend your regular pants by not zipping them and covering them with the bands. Good job on lifting!

I have two of them, but a lot of the time it just ends up giving me a weird looking belly with a muffin top. I'm quite enjoying the smooth look of the full panel maternity pants :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!

No lifting for me, today....will double-up on my evening walk and just be glad that I managed to get anything (outside work) done today.

ZOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, I am going to go lifting today....have a great weekend everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's a low-calorie weekend. Wish me luck!
  • Kadi82
    Options
    Morning all. Happy Sunday!

Good luck Beeps

my children arrived home yesterday. Gosh I missed them! My son realised he has his first wobbly tooth last night. He's growing up :(

Today is my "long" running day. I'm aiming for 9km. Hope everyone is having a great day/night
  • shanaber
    Options
    Have a great run Kadi!

Beeps - I hope your low calorie weekend is going well! I started out that way but too many errands meant eating on the run and I haven't eaten well.

Tonight we are going to our favorite local restaurant to celebrate our anniversary! Going to try to eat healthy with either steak or salmon!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Whoohoo! I was under goal for the week even with the anniversary dinner, and I made my macros! Most importantly I have lost the 5 pounds that found me in Dallas and my clothes are back to fitting as they should - just in time for my trip to Charlotte tomorrow!

I fell today while getting my cardio in walking and thought I had broken my hand - 4 hours in urgent care and a few x-rays later... no break, just major soft tissue injury and lots of purple bruising!! Yea, sore but no cast required and hopefully I can lift again when I return from my trip!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    No star for me :sad: I blew it....late night pizza, way too much wine, McDonald's breakfast....this weekend was a mess. Although I did get in a great PiYo workout Saturday that I am still ridiulously sore from and went for a walk with the dog and a run with the baby and husband yesterday.

Let's try this again.....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. My weekend was pretty good. I was relatively active Saturday - doing some work in the yard, walked to the farmers market..... Yesterday I got some yoga in. I'm going to try to make that my weekly thing on Sundays during nap time. I just did half a video on doyogawithme, so did about 30 minutes. I ate alright. I got a good amount of food prep done yesterday and grocery shopped so I'm set for the week! We've got company (4 adults) in town for a music festival here in Louisville from Friday afternoon (I'm going to the fest Friday) and they'll leave Sunday morning after breakfast. Eric is going to the music fest all weekend, so I'll be on solo Mom duty Saturday and Sunday from about 2:00pm on, so not sure what we'll do during the day. Maybe the zoo.

My goals are the same as last week:
    1. 4 workouts (check!)
    2. Eat reasonably (Friday was kind of a bust, but otherwise did pretty good)
    3. Lots of water (check!)
    4. Go to bed early (I need to work on this.....I've become addicted to Big Brother and tend to start watching it around 9:30-9:45 so I don't get to sleep till close to 11)

Have a great week ladies!