The hardest pushup/plank, can you do it?

Options

Replies

• keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I could only do two,my wife mandagurlee witnessed it to assure proper form,I am sore from chopping wood all day so I'm sure I can do a few more,I will try again the day after tomorrow & record it & upload to YouTube.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Had a whole group of people trying to do this earlier xD

Going to try and get my army guys to do them! xD
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

I managed 1 the other day, and I almost sharted LOL
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I tried and managed to do ZERO.
    Options

I managed 1 the other day, and I almost sharted LOL

Omg laughing my *kitten* off over here xD
    I still just lay there looking like im trying to self destruct or something :P

Maybe i will yell a little bit, yelling makes you stronger right? xD
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just did another 5 in my office for fun. I like these haha
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Laughing cause your trying to do them, or laughing at the thought of me almost sharting? LOL!!!

Yes, yelling makes you much stronger, haven't you watched Dragon Ball Z?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I just did another 5 in my office for fun. I like these haha

5 for fun, you walk around in beast mode!
    Options

Laughing cause your trying to do them, or laughing at the thought of me almost sharting? LOL!!!

DBZ happens to be my favorite!Lol thats why my hair is somewhat blonde. Partial super saiyan right? Lol ok im a nerd ^-^

My roomies bf just got like half of one! I still can't move >.> Both of you teach me your ways! Haha xD
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    another DBZ fan here :smile:

I would start with ab wheel rollouts from knees. Once you can do lots of them, try from your toes (very hard!) and about the same strength required to do this pushup/plank.

Need a very strong lower back.

Oh & posted on my FB to see if anyone can do them.
    Options
    Thanks chris! Will have to add that into my routine for sure.
    :D
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Very effective core work :)

1 of my FB friends said he could do them. I know he was lying. haha
  • keola64
    Options
    I'm up to six ,that's it can't do anymore than that put a lot of strain on my lower back,but I'm happy to be able to do six!
  • keola64
    Options

I agree super sayain that push up lol ,it takes serious core strength but I've gone from doing 2 - 6 in two weeks I've found a lot of core,ab,and isometric holds have given me more strength to do them a little easier but still hurts at six!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

DBZ happens to be my favorite!Lol thats why my hair is somewhat blonde. Partial super saiyan right? Lol ok im a nerd ^-^

My roomies bf just got like half of one! I still can't move >.> Both of you teach me your ways! Haha xD

You must be a half breed like Gohan and Trunks :)

My advice, keep the core tight, and squeeze them cheeks to prevent any mishaps.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I'm up to six ,that's it can't do anymore than that put a lot of strain on my lower back,but I'm happy to be able to do six!

good stuff! Agreed, serious all over core strength required. Feel it in the lower back instantly.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here is one from my class: 1 min do "reverse burpee - jumping jacks" its basically a push up - hop into a squat - get up and one jack. And so on. I don't know how to describe it any better.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    And then another real popular one is: plank then - up up down down from elbows to hands and vice versa. Try this one for 1 min.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Here is one from my class: 1 min do "reverse burpee - jumping jacks" its basically a push up - hop into a squat - get up and one jack. And so on. I don't know how to describe it any better.

starting from the bottom?

Aah the difference to regular burpee is the jumping jack. Yep, that would be a lot harder than the little hop that most people end up doing for burpees. (myself included)
  • keola64
    Options

You must be a half breed like Gohan and Trunks :)

My advice, keep the core tight, and squeeze them cheeks to prevent any mishaps.
    BAHAHAHA I'M A BIGGER NERD I GOT ALL THE TOYS EVEN THE JAPANESE VERSIONS EVERY VARIANT OF THE CHARACTERS FROM DRAGON BALL TO GT AND ALL THE UNCUT SERIES AND MOVIES LOL I WIN AS BIGGEST DBZ NERD!!
    6438620031_40bbe4cb94.jpg
    file:///mnt/sdcard/download/SSJ5_Kakarot by keola64@rocketmail.com, on Flickr