Welcome to our official group!

Options
13»

Replies

• debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow - it is great to hear everybody's intros and fabulous that we are increasing with members beyond out old thread.It is impossible to comment on each of the intros here - but it reinforces that we are all travelling a similar road. As I read through I acknowledged most of the symptoms and realised that the intensity of these symptoms might vary from woman to woman - but overall we truly are in the same boat.
    I absolutely loved SardisGrandma's best ever diet tip- it cracked me up and I laughed for ages over it - and it was also lovely to read through Imkram's post to realise that all of the changes that are foisted upon us are not necessarily changes.
    I also loved Imkram's wonderful understated sense of humour- it is so good to have a laugh about some of this stuff- it helps the journey.

You are a wonderful group of woman- it is so great that we are here to support one another. I am delighted that we can post individual topics and queries in specific threads - because that way they don't get lost in the masses and have a greater chance of getting responses.
    Hugs to you all
    Debbie
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Christine, I'm 47 and have been experiencing menopause for the past 2 1/2 years. Love no more periods (I have severe endometriosis ) but not the weight gain and hot flashes that interfere with everything. I'm glad we have a group to share our unique phase of life. Feel free to send friend requests
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon, and I've been peri-menopausal since 2007. I still have a cycle - I blame that on my 16 yr old's hormones! It's actually far more regular since I've been working out more. Still I know my days are numbered, so I'll be learning from you all. It certainly explains the struggle to bust through flat spots in my weight loss. I've been friends on MFP with a 29 yr old - and in 11 weeks, she's lost twice what I have, despite a pretty dedicated effort on my part. Hoping to learn a lot from you all!
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    Anyway I wanted to share my best diet ever with all of you..
    IF IT TASTES GOOD SPIT IT OUT!!
    I love it!
    lol That totally caught me off guard and almost choked on my diet coke. How did you know?! It was like you slapped me on the back, I don't normally drink sodas till we bought some for Thxday guests.

I hope all of you are well and I'm going to read on before I officially ask what sort of herbs/vitamins you are all taking. I recall something about Black Cohurst or some sort.... reading on...
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Glad to be part of this support group. I'm frustrated beyond words with trying to lose weight. I feel like I have to fight for every ounce lost, then fight some more to keep it away.

I have just joined this group too - I posted a topic on the Support and Motivation board: Does age effect the ability to lose weight. I got a slew of responses and was alerted to this group. I too am sick to death of trying to stay motivated because I am just as frustrated as you are. I am a fighter, but really! It gets old, doesn't it? Anyway, let's draw strength and encouragement from the posts here. Good luck!!
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Deb for starting this group. I feel like the oldest at 60 which is soo strange. I'm usually youngest in everything. Anyway I have 100 pounds I want to lose by May 2012. I'm down 13 so I just keep plugging away at it. Havent been able to walk any last week. Been sick. But startinh monday my sister in law & I try to walk 2 miles then go to curves 5 days a week. Trying to build back up to 5 miles. I just cannot say truthfully I enjoy walking. I dont!! I hate it & I have to force myself every time. I spend every night trying to think of a good excuse to get out of it. But my sister in law , Shirley,... Well lets just say I know exactly where Jillian Michaels went. Shes alive & well in Harmontown Mississippi!! Anyway I wanted to share my best diet ever with all of you..
    IF IT TASTES GOOD SPIT IT OUT!!

I'm 60 also, just joined this group and am AMAZED at the number of "youngsters" here. I thought we would all be "old farts." LOL. I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to face menopause issues until my 50's. Not that I was very successful in keeping the weight off even in my 30's and 40's. It's been a life long battle for me. I thought I had it conquered in my 20's, but then I had a child... and another. I haven't seen a size 6 since!!! Still, I had some success with Weight Watchers a couple years ago - reached goal last Christmas (lost 50 lbs), but have been slowly gaining since. I've regained 10-12 lbs, and am horrified to see the scales keep creeping back up instead of down in spite of my efforts.

Love your best ever diet!! So true.:laugh:
  • cathy314
    Options
    Hello! I am 53 and not sure if I am post yet or not.. Dr says still going through.. No cycle for 2 years. Hot flashes are getting better. Biggest problem is anziety. Anyone else have this? I am taking medication that helps.

My weight has stayed constant for 3 years, my last visit showed a gain of 10 lbs.. Not a happy camper about that! The surpise is that in my younger days, extra weight would land on my hips, now it is nicely placed as a muffin top. I could wear a smaller size jean if it were not for that darn belly!

I am working to eat healther and need some advise on that Muffin top.. Anyone with good excercise results for this?