Tell Your Story!!

Options
13»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa...I've been hesitant to post my story because I'm 41 and single w/no kids...basically a freak amongst people my own age.

I have always had 10 lb or so to lose..but a few years back I was in a car accident and tore up my back and since then I've been ranging between 25-35 pounds overweight. My challenges are: managing the chronic pain, not angering or re-injuring old injuries, and keeping my motivation up.

I've been on and off MFP for probably 18 months now..I lost 20 lbs last year but put it all back on after aggravating my back...so this time I'm aiming for more slow and steady loss and trying to really listen to my body and not give in to that voice that tells me I'm lame if I don't push push push :)

I work at a desk job, in a tech industry...live in gorgeous San Diego..and sometimes I date...
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    HI all, just joined this group this morning. :)

I am 45, married for 22 years to a great guy and childless by choice. I am a nurse.

I am love to eat, love to cook and love to dine out. This wasn't a problem until right around the time I turned 40. Slowly the pants were getting tighter and I had to go up a size. After a few years those started to get tight and one day I took a long hard look in the mirror and realized my weight was unacceptable. I had never been a person who watched my weight or got on the scale routinely and about fell over when I did.

I started with yoga every morning, watching portions, and makes some switches like bring healthy snacks to work instead of digging in the candy drawer. I wouldn't say the first 15 pounds came off easy, but it was amazing how making some good decisions on food as opposed to randomly throwing junk in my body made a difference.

I then joined MFP, started counting every calorie and upped my workout intensity by including more days of cardio and strength. Its been a long, slow process, but that's fine. I firmly believe that slow weight gain is the best.

I reached my goal this morning. I have officially lost 33 pounds. I am 5'4" and 125 pounds. I am so thrilled.

I am not going anywhere though. MFP will now be my tool to maintain my weight.
  • tcox74559
    tcox74559 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, It's may 48th Bday today. I have to say that my forties have been my best decade so far!! My goal is to lose 10 to 15 pounds and stay healthy for my next 48 years.:flowerforyou: