Men on a Mission thread

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Great job on another loss this week Dave. I didn't lose as much as hoped or expected but going in the right direction.
    Leaving to Hawaii next Wednesday and won't be back till the following Sunday. So no charts for a couple of weeks after this one. Have a great weekend. I'll still check in here regularly in hopes some of the old timers decide to pop back in.

LW 313.1
    CW 312.7
    Loss 0.4

xfo005itl1oc.jpg
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Hawaii sounds wonderful Tim. I will continue to check in, it's a good habit for me and keeps me honest. My wife and I were just talking today about how many miles would we need on our Alaska Airlines mileage plan to fly to Hawaii next summer. We are going to Paris over Thanksgiving to visit our daughter who is studying there for Fall Qtr - it's also our 30th wedding anniversary.

We were involved in a car accident on Saturday. A drunk driver (at least I'm assuming it was alcohol - as the State trooper handcuffed him after the field sobriety test and put him in the back of the patrol car) crossed the center line and I was unable to avoid him. His car ended up hitting our driver side rear wheel. We went off the road (Hwy 20 near Marblemount) and rolled over 1.5 times. Thank God for seat belts and air bags. We were both able to get out of the truck on our own and have only minor scrapes and bruises. This kind of experience puts things in a different perspective. Take your time and enjoy your trip to Hawaii Tim. Life can change in a fraction of a second.
  • tdonlin
    Holy moly Dave!!! I am so glad you and wife were able to walk away. That really does put things into perspective I guess. Also, Congrats on your 30th anniversary. In this day and age it is pretty rare to find lasting relationships like ours. Take care and chat with you in a couple of weeks. Tim
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ok. Hawaii was too good to me. Great friends, great food, great times. Have some good hikes lined up for next time. Must get serious and get this weight back down.
    LW: 324.6
    CW: 331.6 (Gain 7 lbs)
  • tdonlin
    Howdy Gents,

Todd and I are back from our trip to Hawaii and had a great time. I was able to lose a little weight but I think that was more attributable to getting a nasty flu bug and not eating for a few days.

Fall and winter has set in here in the Pacific Northwest and I've got to now work hard to avoid piling on the winter and holiday weight.

Anyways, here is a quick update since the last chart. Hope you all are having a fantastic week.

bpiv83skaea8.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Wow, Hawaii sounds great. Sorry to hear about the flu bug Tim, although that is one way to lose some weight.
    CWW = 203.4
    LWW = 204.4
    Loss = 1.0

Have a good week.
  • tdonlin
    Hi Dave,
    Nice loss this week! Sorry that it's taking me longer and longer to get these charts up. I've got a short week this week then I'm leaving to Phoenix next Saturday for a week. Not sure if I'll be able to post a chart or not just yet. Anyways, nice job and hope you have a great week.

LW 311.5
    CW 311.1
    Loss 0.4

z2ut9bstzxz8.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Checking in.

LWW = 203.4
    CWW = 204.6
    Gain 1.2

I ate too much Halloween candy and it shows on the scale. Back at. Hope you're having/had a good time in Phoenix Tim.
  • tdonlin
    Crap! Up 5.3 pounds in the last 3 weeks! Gotta turn this ship around. Lets go guys.
  • dbw1976
    CWW = 204.3
    LWW = 204.6
    Loss = 0.3
    Well at least it's in the right direction. . .
  • tdonlin
    Nice job Dave. The right direction is always a good direction. It's just the 2 of us again but here is the chart.

qrxdoh27a30j.jpg
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    CW = 338.6
    LW = 331.6
    Gain = 7 lbs

• dbw1976
    Bad week.

CWW = 206.8
    LWW = 204.3
    Gain = 2.5

Next week is Thanksgiving and we'll be visiting our daughter, who is spending Fall Qtr studying in Paris. I won't have access to a scale, so I will check back in the first week of December.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving men!
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Welcome back Todd, nice to see another face here. I managed to avoid snacks and kept the eating under control this week. Now I need to do it for another week and see if I can keep going in the right direction.

Keep drinking that water Tim!

LWW = 206.7
    CWW = 204.0
    Loss = 2.7
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Hi Captain,

I am back..

Hope all Men are doing good.

LWW = 91 kgs
    CWW = 87.5 kgs
    LOSS=3.5 kgs
  • tdonlin
    Welcome back Shabbar! Looks like a couple more are getting back on board here and I'm looking forward to losing with you guys.
    Dave, enjoy yourself with your daughter this holiday weekend. Stay safe over there with all that's going on in the world.
    Here is this week's chart.

qmvw1tv51hvr.jpg
  • dbw1976
    edited December 2015
    Welcome back Shabbar, nice to see you here again!

Back safely from Paris. Had a great time. Even had a good surprise on the scale, as I lost a couple pounds. We walked a lot, which must have countered all the good eating.

CWW = 204.2
    LWW = 206.8
    Loss = 2.6
  • tdonlin
    Dave, You Da Man!!! Going to Paris and still losing over 2 1/2 pounds. Impressive! I am taking a slight break from the scale till New Years. I've been bad and am not looking forward to seeing how much I've gained. Too much zucchini and banana nut bread and candy. Oh well, that's what New Years resolutions are for, right?

Again, great job on the loss!!
  • dbw1976
    Hi Tim - we ate a lot of good food in Paris - we just walked a lot, and I think the week before I'd eaten a lot of salty food that pumped up the weight. But, hey I will take the loss, especially since I'm still headed in the right direction this week. Short term goal is under 200 by New Years.

CWW = 203.6
    LWW = 204.2
    Loss = 0.6

I will try to continue to check-in the next couple weeks, it helps keep me honest. If you're off line until New Years Tim, have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season.
  • dbw1976
    Checking in, not a good couple weeks for watching what I eat though.
    CWW = 206.7
    LWW = 203.6
    Gain = 3.1
    Back at it more seriously after New Years. Happy New Year everyone!!