What does everyone do?

Options

Replies

• Strivn2day_4aBtrTmrow
    Options
    I'm a licensed Vet Tech in the Sx Recovery Dept. I sit here alone ... 7p-7a all weekend long.... Well except for the patients of course [ )
  • foxiedee
    foxiedee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make lightbulbs!!
  • love2kayak96
    Options
    Registered Nurse at an inpatient Hospice Center. I work 7p-7:30a.
  • amusco_rn
    Options
    Registered Nurse on a pediatric burn ICU unit. Permanent nights 7p-7a
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    LVN in an acute inpatient rehab on the weekend Friday through Sunday I leave home at 5:45 p and get home around 8:30 a. On Tues and Wed I work for an agency (Favorite Healthcare) and I do everything else. Where ever they send me. I usually leave home on Tues and Wed around 5:30 p and get home anywhere from 8:30 to 10 in the morning. It depends on where they send me. But, I love it, and I love the crazy people I work with.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options

Kudo's to you sister. I don't know how you do that emotionally. I know when I do the pedi step down and the er I have to I have to desensitize myself from it all.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Trauma OR Clerk ( just makes me sound more important then i really am. ) 11pm-7am sun-thurs
  • amusco_rn
    Options

Kudo's to you sister. I don't know how you do that emotionally. I know when I do the pedi step down and the er I have to I have to desensitize myself from it all.

Thank you so much for those kind words. This place is incredible - I see miracles happen here every day. I will admit my perspective changed once I had my own children but for the better! The work is definitely draining at times but to see a child who rolled in the door receiving CPR, who months later WALKS out of the hospital and gives a big hug on the way out the door....empowering & inspirational. Not too many people can say that they love their job this much! I'm very fortunate! 10 years here and counting.
  • hartterjw
    Options
    Hotel night auditor, been doing overnights now for around 16 years! 11pm-7am fri-tues
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a RN on a Med-Surg/Respiratory Care unit in a very busy hospital. My shift is 7p-7:30a. I leave home at about 5:45-6pm and I get home at about 8:30am the latest most times.
  • christylynnrn
    christylynnrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Registered nurse in ICU or ER 7p-7a (which usually means 6:30p-somewhere between 7:30-8:30a). Love my job, my sometimes crazy (and I do mean crazy sometimes lol) patients, love my coworkers. Currently working 5 (sometimes 6) shifts a week which is killing me at times (its a small ICU unit and I'm currently the only full time RN working nights), but my work is very rewarding and I wouldn't change it or working night shift for the world. I am a natural night owl and when I have filled in on day shifts I felt I wasn't as engaged or effective in my work, so probably a night shifter for life lol.
  • peachNpunkin
    Options

Thank you so much for those kind words. This place is incredible - I see miracles happen here every day. I will admit my perspective changed once I had my own children but for the better! The work is definitely draining at times but to see a child who rolled in the door receiving CPR, who months later WALKS out of the hospital and gives a big hug on the way out the door....empowering & inspirational. Not too many people can say that they love their job this much! I'm very fortunate! 10 years here and counting.

I feel the same way about working acute rehab. But your's is such an inspiration to me. I appreciate nurses like you who care for the most innocent of them all.
  • annputation23
    Options
    RN on the Orthopedic unit 7pm-730am. Still a new grad and haven't really found my pace or place just yet, but working it all out.
  • buckeyerunner
    Options
    Respiratory Therapist 7p-7a...We are everywhere (insert evil laugh) , NICU, ER, PEDS, ICU
  • kwaddell1987
    kwaddell1987 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA at a hospital, i work from 6p to 6a, usually leave home around 530p and get home about 7a, i work 3 12hr shifts in a row every week, i work in the med/surg and orthopedic units, yay! lol
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I am a DOT Compliance clerk for US Foodservice in Charlotte, NC
    I work from 10pm to 6am .... sunday thru thursday:yawn:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone just joined I'm an Industrial Electrician at an automotive plant.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am an After Hours Hospital Manager -tertiary hospital in Australia. Shifttime 2200-0800ish.
    Includes after hours bed management and trying to staff a 520 bed hospital with no resources! I can be looking for 25-30 nurses for the morning shift - when I had 3 available!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a supervisor in a large scale deli kitchen. 11pm-9:30am tues-fri.
  • mackenzierain
    mackenzierain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN and just switched to labour and delivery/post-partum days and nights. Also just switched from doing 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights to the 2 days 2 nights schedule....Alot to get use to.