What does everyone do?

Options

Replies

• joannebeecham
    Options
    Well thats a good question LOL. I just left a job as a Labor and Delivery RN..and am looking for a new position. My problem is I've fallen in love with L&D and dont want to work in MedSurg..ugh. Really struggling..bad time to leave job, real bad.
  • joejarrett
    Options
    I'm an EMT at a truck manufacturing plant.
  • nabx
    nabx Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: I'm a phleb and work 2000-0630 Thursday-Sunday; currently. Tons of walking, love that part. Sometimes I wish I could run but doesn't work well with a cart on wheels, LOL everyone else can use the stairs. :smile: I'm not a coffee drinker, but have begun adding coffee to water, it is so diluted the water isn't even brown. I made the mistake of pouring too much coffee once --my stomach was jerking and my hands were shaking not good! We have a free gym for employees so sometimes I run for 15 minutes when needed.
  • dbmunos
    dbmunos Posts: 3
    Options
    Night crew Albersons
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well thats a good question LOL. I just left a job as a Labor and Delivery RN..and am looking for a new position. My problem is I've fallen in love with L&D and dont want to work in MedSurg..ugh. Really struggling..bad time to leave job, real bad.

I hate med/surg!! Just not for me! I hear ya!
    Kasey
  • DDD86
    DDD86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Labor and Delivery nurse 7p to 7a for urban hospital; leave at 6p and get home at 8am. Love what I do but finding nights getting harder and harder esp now that I am trying to focus on my health.
  • ktpurry
    ktpurry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I close at Mcdonald's 4pm-12am, 5 days a week, go to school noon-2pm monday and wednesday, find time for my hubby, and i just found out i'm pregnant, so helllllo early morning doctors appointments.
    Working at mcdonalds on a diet, SUCKS, lol
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Guess ;-)
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    911 dispatcher. 6p to 6a Take the calls and dispatch fire and ambulance. Back up for police dispatch.
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    work 11p-730a in an rehab/detox/psych hospital
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    hospital HVAC maintenance 10:30 p - 7:00 a
  • melgirl21
    Options
    CNA in an adult foster care facility for Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. 10:30pm-6:30am; Love the job, not so much the shift :ohwell:
  • mtjaxx
    mtjaxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work twelve hour night shifts as an RN on the surgical unit. I have been working nights about 10 years, 8 at this position
  • mtjaxx
    mtjaxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hard to tell. Hmmmm. LOL.
  • jolene930
    Options
    labor and delivery nurse at an army hospital (in other words, busy all night)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    dot compliance clerk

all the nightshifters are on the official nightshift thread

pop in there and say hi :bigsmile:
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Im a police Officer. Feel free to add me
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I work at a police department...7 to 7, 12 hour shifts. I switch back and forth from nights to days every 3 months and I have an hour and a half drive everyday. Looong days... but I am pretty use to it, I have been doing it for 6 years now. :indifferent:
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Registered Nurse at a local community hospital on a Med/Surg floor 7 to 7 two days a week and 11-7 two days a week.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a healthcare provider.