Shoe size..

Options
What is your shoe size and where do you find the best shoes? I'm an 11, and I have the hardest time finding cute flat shoes! I don't wear a heel whatsoever because I'm already taller than my boyfriend. :ohwell:

Replies

• ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I wear a 13W in shoes...boo! I can't go into a store and find shoes, so I just order all of mine online. I use 6pm.com and plus sized websites to find my shoes.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a size 12 and it is ridiculously difficult to get larger shoes here in Australia. Have you guys heard of Barefoottess.com? They have an amazing range (up to a size15!) but I haven't ordered from them yet as the international shipping is a little pricey.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Thankfully never had this issue in the western world, am a UK 7 european 41 which is findable everywhere.

Living in Thailand on the other hand was a nightmare, they do stock size 7 but very few styles. A lady boy once took me to the lady boy shoe shop after getting sick of my complaints but stripper heels & ho shoes just weren't my style so that was a fail too. :bigsmile:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I wear a US 8 in shoes. I feel like my feet are too small for the rest of me (TERRIBLE balance), but it is nice being able to fit into cute shoes because they are standard sized.
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Size 13.. I just wear mostly boy tennis shoes.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    What is your shoe size and where do you find the best shoes? I'm an 11, and I have the hardest time finding cute flat shoes! I don't wear a heel whatsoever because I'm already taller than my boyfriend. :ohwell:

I just re-read this and noticed your comment about not wearing heels. I am 4 1/2" taller than my hubby barefoot and I still rock my heels, so I am often looking down at him from a distance of 8" or more. He doesn't mind one bit. Then again, as I said earlier, I only wear an 8, so it's pretty easy to find cute shoes.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i wear an 11, and i have been buying super cute shoes (basically every single pair i own, outside of my gym shoes) are from Payless! i :heart: Payless! and they are cheap, so i can buy as much as i want, when they wear out, i toss them and buy more. lol. i always wear heels (3-4 inch)... the BF is 6'3, so it makes us about eye level. lol he loves that.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I wear 12 wides in womens and 10.5 in mens. Found that American Eagle makes the best fitting flats for my big @ss feet. I shop at Payless Shoe Source instore and online since they are great about returns. One thing I've found is that Airwalk makes nice big PRETTY girl's tennis shoes... I own one pair of heels. They are size 12 wides and they were made by Lower East Side which I think is Payless's store brand shoe company. They are black mary jane style and I don't wear them very often since I'm taller than my hubby too... But darn do they make me feel sexy!!! I love those heels! 75% of the time I wear Rainbow Flipflops though, 25% of the time, if it's casual, I'm in men's sneakers.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I wear a size 10-11, Ya, It sucks trying to find shoes and I am such a cheapo. My husband and I are exactly the same height. So don't wear heels that often.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    I usually buy 11, sometimes 12. I usually wear Clarks or Eastlands. Sometimes I buy shoes from Lane Bryant of Silhouettes. The best tennis shoes that I have found are Reebok Slim Tones, they are true to size and my calves are super toned because I exercise iin them. They are also the most comfy shoe ever.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Size 11- I agree with Jenn152- YAY Payless!!! I can go buy lots of shoes- and not break the bank.
    Otherwise- sometimes Target has up to size 12 or DSW.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    11-11.5 depending on brand. 12s are just too big most of the time. 43 in most euro-size shoes which is a 13 to some US brands, idiots! No, when I Was a 10.5, I couldn't squeeze my foot in a 40 or 41, but thanks for playing! my daily wear shoes are Birkenstock Footprints mary janes. I rock my Yo Gabba Gabba vans on the weekends ;) I don't wear much heel because I'd be laid up if I did. 1.5 inches is about as high as I can go. DH is 6 inches taller than me, so it's not an issue, but my feet also give me fits if I wear unsupportive shoes....plantar faciitis might flare up. I can't wear cheap shoes, so I have a few I wear all the time. Aravon is a great brand that has lots of sizes and styles. they're the New Balance stylish non-sneaker shoes. That's what I just wore for my sister's wedding, wore them for nearly 12 hours on my feet most of that time, walking a LOT.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I wear a US 11, 11.5 or 12. Depending on the make of the shoe. I can find some shoes in stores but mostly I have to get the stores to order them in my size. I've ordered from Zappos.com recently and the delivery was pretty fast. I got some boots and I love them!
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wear women's 13, men's 11. I have HUMONGOUS feet and I hate it!

Payless - It's hit or miss with them in stores. If I order through them online, I have more options. recently just ordered a pair of American Eagle winter zip up boots with faux fur that I love and they are SO comfy, along with another pair of black wanna-be Uggs.

I also use Zappos(dot)com for my dress shoes. They have free shipping on return orders, so I like that about them. I have 2 pairs of dress heels from them I've yet to wear bc I'm too damn fat to wear heels currently! lol

I've also looked around at that Barefoottessa(sp?) that someone else mentioned - they occasionaly have some cute things.

When I find a pair of shoes that fit and are comfortable I wear the living CRAP out of them, usually till they literally fall apart. lol The black flats I have on now were purchased at Zappos over a year ago and are beat up but I have no choice, they're really all I have now that fit and are comfortable to wear at work all day!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I have really tiny feet for my height; 5'9" and size seven! I do have wide feet though, so it's hard to find shoes that fit. I love DSW though, great selection!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" I always had smaller feet for my size (8.5 - 9) but since I have lost this weight, my feet hae shrunk to a 7.5 / 8. I even had the guts to buy a super cute pair of zebra 3" heels last week! Total confidence boosting NSV!
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Size 13.

For working out or just regular I have found www. newbalanceshop.com has my size. I usually shop clearance and that works well. Payless is hit or miss online. I've walked into a store and had a clerk ask me my size and then inform me they don't have that so I should just leave. :S Very frustraiting. Dress shoes especialy are hit or miss. If I come across any other web sites I will let you all know :)
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just bought 6 new pairs of shoes online from payless! One over the knee 3.5" black suede boot, one brown knee high flat riding boot, one gold glittery flat, one sparkly 3.5" holiday strappy stiletto, one 4"black leopard pump, and one 3"traditional leopard peep-toe!!! Yay for BOGO & a 20%off coupon code! Got ALL that for $150 including shipping (they ship to the nearest payless store for free and you just pick them up!) Had to share! Yayyyyyyy!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 12W, I get most of my shoes fro avenue.com, torrid.com, or payless
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also if you shop on Avenue.com you can usually use a 50% off coupon. My last boots are knee high and suede and I paid 34.00 total on some boots that are actually 55.00 total