Replies

• MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jen, try out Torrid.COm and Avenue.com
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in an 11W right now. I think once I drop some more weight I will not have to wear a wide size. At least I have found that to be true in the past. I don't like to wear spike heels since they hurt my heels, but I enjoy wearing shoes with thick wedges. My hubby is 3 inches shorter than me, but he doesn't mind if I tower over him. Haha!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just bought 6 new pairs of shoes online from payless! One over the knee 3.5" black suede boot, one brown knee high flat riding boot, one gold glittery flat, one sparkly 3.5" holiday strappy stiletto, one 4"black leopard pump, and one 3"traditional leopard peep-toe!!! Yay for BOGO & a 20%off coupon code! Got ALL that for $150 including shipping (they ship to the nearest payless store for free and you just pick them up!) Had to share! Yayyyyyyy!

Woohoo! I window shopped the other day and found two pairs I wanted; one for work and a pair of boots. I'm still playing catch up from being out of work for a couple months, but I'm definitely ordering online. Thanks for all the tips!
  • gossja23
    Options
    SIZE 11

I also have a hard time finding my size. If you need to go on the cheap I also shop Payless, if you are okay paying a little more I would check out DSW or http://www.dsw.com/. I buy most of my flat boots from there and they have most of their shoes in size 11!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I wear size 10.5 to 11 and it can be difficult to find cute shoes...especially cute and well made heels and sandals.

Because of the larger size they tend to run a bit wide for me, especially since I have slender ankles...which means I MUST have an ankle strap. I love Clarks for dress casual and office shoes. Payless does have fun and cheap shoes, even though they still run a bit wide....I love getting fun summer sandals there!!

I went to the Zappos outlet while visiting Louisville area last weekend and got a pair of Kenneth Cole black heels that were originally $120 and got them on deep discount for $27!! Major find! :smile:
  • jackylane
    jackylane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Size 12 or 13 and if you love shoes like I do going to a Nordstrom Rack is imperative. Although Nordstrom.com has a ton of gorgeous shoes in my size they are rarely on sale. For cheap shoes I buy a lot of payless because they go up to 13w.

Also Torrid has some super SEXY heels.(but most of them are 5" and I just don't need the extra height)
  • paige422
    Options
    Hey Ladies:) I am 6' tall and wear a size 12 shoe. After years of being sick of wearing dudes shoes I finally went on the hunt. I mostly buy shoes from Zappos.com (free shipping!!) and Nordstroms! I have also found out that they actually have "big shoe size" events at Nordstroms Rack!! Don't bother with Macy's they suck when it comes to shoes. If you need something in a pinch or for just one night Payless also carries size 12 and sometimes 13s. I hope this helps:)
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wear an 11. I get my shoes at DSW, Payless and Nordstrom Rack. Like other posters said Nordstrom Rack also has "big shoe size events". Get on their mailing list and they'll tell send you a postcard when they get their shipments in.

If there is a man in your life with big feet, I also pick up shoes for my brothers at Nordstrom Rack. One brother wears a 15 and it's hard for him to find shoes for under $100. About a third of the price for shoes for him!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My feet are 11 AA which is hard to find. If I buy 11 B my heel comes out of the shoe and I get blisters. I mostly wear nurses shoes I get mail order because they are mega comfortable and I am not a fashonista.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed with little hands and little feet for my height. I wear a size 9 shoe
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed with little hands and little feet for my height. I wear a size 9 shoe
    I have little kid hands. My 9 year old son's hands are MAYBE a centimeter smaller than mine. With my Size 8 shoes and miniature hands, I probably should have been a few inches short, but I guess someone snuck fertilizer into my food growing up (my sisters are 5'2" and 5'6" and I'm 5'10" - we are stair-steps).
  • kidaroo
    Options
    10 here at 5'11" and I love kohls and Macys for shoes, mainly for brands. I am always on the search for non heeled shoes :)
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love shoes! I have 6 new pairs coming next week, so I thought I should clear out some of the shoes I don't wear as much to make room... Wellllllll, I am getting rid of 12 pairs and I counted, just for fun, how many were left... Don't worry, there are still 40 pairs left for me! Lol seriously, I might have a problem :o)
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Size 10, if I am lucky a 9 1/2. I just went to DSW on Saturday and both shoes were a ten.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    I wear a 13W. I too buy my shoes at The Avenue most of the time. I'm gonna check out some of the other suggestions though. Thanks! :)
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 270, I wore a 9.5-10. Now, at 185, I wear an 8.5. I guess I just had really fat feet.

Compared to the rest of me, I have tiny hands and feet. My boyfriend says I have feet and hands like a carnival worker. But I poke him with my comically small fingers and he shuts up real quick.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5 10 and wear a UK 9 (US 11). I buy my shoes from Jones the Bootmaker, Hobbs and 9 West. I can get away with a size smaller in sandals.
  • Rae1105
    Rae1105 Posts: 22
    Options
    This topic is kind of old but thought I'd through my two pennies in the pond....

I wear a 12 sometimes I need a wide when I had less weight on me I was an 11 so I'm crossing my fingers for the future since more stores are now carrying 11s...

Lately I've been shopping online for everything expecially shoes mainly because I get better deals(coupon codes!!!!)

I love torrid.com(signup for email and diva style), payless(bogo plus coupon codes= shoe heaven) endless.com; shoe dept, avenue.coom and lane bryant....

Retailmenot.com is a great place for coupon codes for those of you who are online shoppers. HTH
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 270, I wore a 9.5-10. Now, at 185, I wear an 8.5. I guess I just had really fat feet.

Compared to the rest of me, I have tiny hands and feet. My boyfriend says I have feet and hands like a carnival worker. But I poke him with my comically small fingers and he shuts up real quick.
    My son is 9 years old and his hands are MAYBE a centimeter smaller than mine - I also have tiny hands and, at a Size 8 (sometimes 8.5) in shoes, pretty small feet for my height as well.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I was a 10 but since losing weight size 10s fit me big! So I believe I'm a 9 1/2 now.