Stage 2

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the floor push-ups Manic! Now I am even more determined to get on that floor for 3A
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Manic!! You rock!
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did SIX pushups on the floor each time . woohoo woohoo dance dance

Way to Go!!!!!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It hurt like crazy in my shoulders.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mary - Awesome job on the push ups!!

So here are my stats for Stage 2 since I finished it this morning

Workout A

FSPP - 55<60
    Step ups - 45<50 (did these on a higher chair than last Stage)
    DB row - 10<12
    Static Lunge - 10<15
    push ups - difficult 10 to easy 10 (realized I was doing these wrong and it was harder the right way)
    wood chop - 10<15
    plank - 60<60 (did these on my forearms since it's harder than on my hands)

Workout B

Deadlift - 85<105
    Split squat - 10<20
    Lat pulldown - 50<75
    reverse lunge - 10<18
    cuban snatch - 8<10
    Pike - did this instead of swiss ball crunch (still difficult on some days)
    reverse crunch - easy
    lateral flexion - awkward
    prone cobra - 60<90
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Are we quickly dying out? This thread is quiet.

I finish out stage 2 tomorrow but I'll go ahead and add Workout A stats.

FSSP 25>35
    Step ups 15 on bench level when I would get too tired and start to bend over to pull myself up I would switch to a smaller step
    DB one point row 10>15 (still wobbly)
    Static Lunge 10>15
    pushups bench > 6 on the floor and the rest on bench
    plank 30>60 (It went 30, 45, 53, 60 )
    woodchop 12.5>17.5
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Are we quickly dying out? This thread is quiet.

I finish out stage 2 tomorrow but I'll go ahead and add Workout A stats.

FSSP 25>35
    Step ups 15 on bench level when I would get too tired and start to bend over to pull myself up I would switch to a smaller step
    DB one point row 10>15 (still wobbly)
    Static Lunge 10>15
    pushups bench > 6 on the floor and the rest on bench
    plank 30>60 (It went 30, 45, 53, 60 )
    woodchop 12.5>17.5

I do my first B workout today. I haven't even researched any of the moves yet. I do have to say the top of my thighs are mad sore from the A workout. Pretty pumped about that BUT the workout today will be a killer -- esp with the HIIT!
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not dead yet! I'm doing 3A later today
  • jnh17
    Options
    Okay, quick question. What the heck is the difference in a Bulgarian split squat and a static lunge with rear foot elevated besides holding the weight at the chest in one and in two hands in the other?
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Okay, quick question. What the heck is the difference in a Bulgarian split squat and a static lunge with rear foot elevated besides holding the weight at the chest in one and in two hands in the other?

I think it's the height of your resting foot. If you notice in the Bulgarian squat the foot is higher and a deeper squat. You WILL feel the difference :happy: It's a deeper stretch.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

I think it's the height of your resting foot. If you notice in the Bulgarian squat the foot is higher and a deeper squat. You WILL feel the difference :happy: It's a deeper stretch.

Yes, I could really feel a difference in my hip flexors and my legs between the two different moves.
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did Stage 1 twice, I really enjoyed and wanted to keep moving up with weights. I took almost a full week off (I'm impatient) and I'm glad I did. I came back for Stage 2 feeling really strong and rested.

I just did workout A last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! Some of the exercises seemed really wacky when I looked at them in the book, but felt great and challenging when I did them. I’ve had to make a few modifications for working out at home, including one last night that worked better than I expected—I used a resistance band attached to my squat rack (which is very heavily weighted down and secure) for the wood chops. I know the book suggested using a dumbbell and lying on the floor, but the band seemed to work better for me.

My biggest triumph last night was that I did 2 sets of 10 pushups on the ground! When I started Stage 1, I couldn’t even do 1 real pushup!

I don’t post much, but I do check in here from time to time, so once again—thank you all for posting here!
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    whiskeysister: congrats on the pushups! That's my dream and I'm far from it :laugh:

Did my first B workout today.
    The Bulgarian split squats KICKED my *kitten*!!! I think I might like them in a week or two.

My gym does not have a step. We have boxes, bench-height things but not a step like the book uses for a few of the exercises.

Any ideas on how to modify the:
    static lunge, read foot elevated (A)
    reverse lunge from box with forward reach (B)
    wide-grip deadlift from box (B)
  • jnh17
    Options
    whiskeysister: congrats on the pushups! That's my dream and I'm far from it :laugh:

The Bulgarian split squats KICKED my *kitten*!!! I think I might like them in a week or two.

My gym does not have a step. We have boxes, bench-height things but not a step like the book uses for a few of the exercises.

I just finished my first B. Um....OMG can I just be fat? That sucker was HARD. Again, I'm still confused by the Bulgarian split squats and the static lunge. Yes the BSS's are harder since the box is higher, but essentially, it seems like the static lunge is just an easier version - right?

Also, the reverse crunch was just not hard. I mean, I've worked abs for a long time but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are tougher (or even as tough) of a lot of you ladies so I'm confused by this.

Okay, so to your question. What I would do is stack 2 or 4 45lb plate on the ground and push the up against the wall so they're semi-stable and go from there. I used to do deadlifts off plates all the time so you should at least be fine doing those.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    just finished stage 2! and I am beat. I will post in bit must go do my 30D shred .

My gym has a piece of equipment that is flat on the bottom and rounded and semi flexible on top. I have used it before for balance. Anyway, I have used that for the static lunge and even stacked plates against the wall too.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    From my research, it appears the main difference between the split squat and the lunge is that the lunge has both legs involved, and in the split squat only the front leg is doing the work. If you notice the pictures in the book in the split squat her foot is resting, and in the lunge she has her toes on the box.

Either way, I hate them both. They are evil.
  • worthyofchange
    Options

I just finished my first B. Um....OMG can I just be fat? That sucker was HARD. Again, I'm still confused by the Bulgarian split squats and the static lunge. Yes the BSS's are harder since the box is higher, but essentially, it seems like the static lunge is just an easier version - right?

Also, the reverse crunch was just not hard. I mean, I've worked abs for a long time but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are tougher (or even as tough) of a lot of you ladies so I'm confused by this.

Okay, so to your question. What I would do is stack 2 or 4 45lb plate on the ground and push the up against the wall so they're semi-stable and go from there. I used to do deadlifts off plates all the time so you should at least be fine doing those.

Thanks!
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Forlife 12 - Another idea - What I do is use the bench at its lowest level for the lunges and such. For the deadlifet, I just don't use a box. This one is ahrd for me anyway with my lower back issues!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I posted last night . Where did it go? argh! It was a long post.

Stage 2 COMPLETED

deadlifts 85 pounds (no increase)

bulgarian split squat 10 > 15

underhand grip lat pull 60 > 84 ( couldn't do all 10 at 84 lbs)

reverse lunge 20 > 25 HATE these . so awkward and not sure if I ever did them correctly so my last set I did high step walking lunges.

cuban snatch (((sigh))) 2 > 4 standing

no problem with the crunches or lateral flexion

prone cobra 60 >75

I have been measuring myself and didn't expect a much of a change. After all, this stage was only 2 1/2 weeks. No weight loss (an actual gain) Go to the daily chat thread to read my rant.
  • worthyofchange
    Options
    Thanks for ideas about what to do without a step :flowerforyou:

The B workout tried out a few new muscles - my triceps are sore and I can feel my obliques too :happy: