One month Paleo/Primal

Options
2»

Replies

• kcalla
    kcalla Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As I step into December, I'm giving Paleo/Primal a good 30 days (probably longer). I feel it's a good choice for my short and long term goals.

I hope you love it and stick with it for a lifetime! I eat this way with my daughter and we both think it's just the healthiest, most nutritious way of eating, EVER!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have 20 lbs left in my journey. (Have lost a little over 120) and I have been stuck for 6 months! Hoping this will help. So far since starting it this past Monday, I'm feeling great, and not missing the carbs as much as I thought I would. I still have 1-2 servings of fruit and 1.5 c of butternut squash most days...

I"m struggling finding snacks. A girl can only eat so many nuts. lol...
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have 20 lbs left in my journey. (Have lost a little over 120) and I have been stuck for 6 months!
    First off, congrats for the impressive weight journey!

If you are eating properly, don't worry TOO much about being stalled. If it's supposed to come off - it will eventually.

Something to consider: often, the weight we WANT to weigh is not the weight our bodies are most COMFORTABLE with. Society and actuarial tables often convince us we should weigh some unreasonable amount - especially women. I'd focus on eating as cleanly primal as possible, and exercise to firm up, and see if this is where your body wants to be.
    I'm feeling great, and not missing the carbs as much as I thought I would. I still have 1-2 servings of fruit and 1.5 c of butternut squash most days...
    This is an area you might want to review. If you want to lose weight, you should be very easy on the fruit - and stick to the lower end of the sugar scale - berries, and those fruits whose carb/sugar numbers are very close. Also, winter squashes are up there in starches and sugars, and should be eaten only once a week - if that much. Basically you should be eating animals and plants, easy on the fruits, and avoid grains, any sugar that doesn't have a plant around it (including artificial sweeteners) and roots.
    I"m struggling finding snacks. A girl can only eat so many nuts. lol...
    Personally, I try to make my snacks protein - no appreciable insulin response. For me, some tuna, sardines or a little goat cheese; if I just gotta have some crunch, a small bag of chicharrones. Or celery and a little chevre. Things like that. Save the nuts for your purse - when you need a snack that travels easily. They're pretty high in calories, and the nut oils are generally high in omega6 - especially if you are not eating them raw (which you should be).

Hope you find these comments useful. :)
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one other thing before the debate starts: tomatoes, zucchini, butternut squash, avocados, etc. are all considered FRUIT. They may not be as sweet as an apple, but they are still the 'flesh surrounding the seeds of a plant' which is the basic definition of a fruit. A vegetable is any other part of the plant - the leaves, stalk, flower or root.

So when I say eat a lot of plants - but go easy on the fruit, this includes those fruits we usually think of as veggies.