Fantastic food finds!

Options

Replies

• tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    north star fudge bars!! 100cal wow these are good. They are like chocolate ice blocks $3.50 for a 5 pack at pak n save
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Must tell my partner about those choccies!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have found a NZ source of the Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake that crops up in so many US and UK recipes - the one that you add water to - try www.marthaspantry.co.nz
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have to agree ... the Nairn's biscuits are yummy ... different but yummy ... now a stable in my cupboard as a bikkie with my green tea ... mmm
  • Sneeze1970
    Sneeze1970 Posts: 18
    Options
    To curb my choccy cravings I'm enjoying Fun Size Milky bars, Maltesers or Smarties - all less then 100calories each
    To curb my bread cravings I've discovered Freya Sandwich Thins
    For a warm drink I'm having Jarrah White Hot Chocolate or Blegian Milk however they have phenylalanine in them so am going to look for an alternative
    To drink rather than water I have the occasional Coke Zero
    For ice cream I've discovered Bulla Fruit 'n Frozen Yoghurt but again I think they have phenylalanine in them so more searching required.

Its all been a question of trying to find healthier, lower calorie options for my usual diet and so far I'm succeeding.

Some great tips here I'll be looking out for Nairn & Weight Watcher biscuits.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bought Campbells Country Ladle Pumpkin, red lentil & spinach soup today as was on special. Best canned soup I have tried. Normally always make my own soup - even stock from scratch but this was awesome. Low in cals too 121 per serve - though I had the whole can! (242cals)
  • hamsio
    hamsio Posts: 26
    Options
    Will have to try that soup.

I have been loving the moroccan soups.. watties has one in their special range and campbells does one also. full of beans and lentils etc so filling and I dont need toast and butter etc to bulk up the meal and full me.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love the very special soups but just watch the sodium content, they're high as!
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    kings soups rock! add some chicken breast and you're away!
  • jamesg2012
    jamesg2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey all I love the artezano soups...best one is lamb, mint and isralli couscous. Good when the are on special and filled with so many veges. Also whittakers infused peppermint dark chocolate minis sooo good. about 80 cals..Always great to have them at night with a weight watches hot chocolate..Use as a dunkim.....Green smooties hides all the veges and fruits and my 2 year old wants them all the time.................:wink:
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have found a NZ source of the Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake that crops up in so many US and UK recipes - the one that you add water to - try www.marthaspantry.co.nz

You can use the Edmonds cake mixes instead of the Betty Crocker ones - have tried both and I think the Edmonds ones are far tastier :smile:

Mainland low fat Feta cheese. Super yummy and only 24 cals, less than 1g fat and 1g carb for 20g of Feta.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Anyone try Almond milk? Was told today it was very nice. If so, whats the calorie content in comparison to light blue milk?
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The only one you can buy here is So Good and I don't know how they dare to call it almond milk at all - Almonds are quite far down the list of ingredients. I made my own almond milk, which was nice, but it was much higher calorie because all it contained was water and almonds. Personally, although the So good is low cal I would rather stick to good old cows milk thanks.
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So Good Almond Milk:

Nutritional InformationNutritional Information (Average)

Per100ml
    Energy (kJ) 130
    Calories (cal) 31
    Protein (g) 0.5
    Gluten (g) 0
    Fat, total (g) 1.2
    - saturated (g) 0.1
    - trans (g) 0
    - polyunsaturated (g) 0.3
    - monounsaturated (g) 0.8
    Cholesterol (mg) 0
    Carbohydrate, total (g) 4.6
    - sugars (g) 4.4
    - lactose (g) 0
    - galactose (g) 0
    Dietary Fibre (g)0.3
    Sodium (mg) 35
    Potassium (mg) 15
    Vitamin E (mg) 4

Looks pretty good to me. Might have to try it.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    So Good Almond Milk:

Nutritional Information Nutritional Information (Average)

Per100ml
    Energy (kJ) 130
    Calories (cal) 31

Looks pretty good to me. Might have to try it.

Thanks for that 'faw1001'
    Slightly less calories than Pams light blue milk at 47cals per 100ml. I might try it too.
  • 708Vivian
    708Vivian Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found wunderbites bars at New World, they contain under 10g of sugar and 10g of fat (http://www.wunderbites.co.nz/) , I really like the lime and coconut ones.
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    A fellow NZ MFPer put me onto these... Pop n Good popcorn multipacks. There's a caramel flavour (64 cal) and a light n buttery (55 cal) version. I also have the Good Bites Puffs in sour cream flavour (53 cal)

I'm still early on in my journey so these are like a god send when I want a snack! I've also just found the calci-yum iceblocks (spongebob themed) and they're between 79-86 ish calories and come in banana, chocolate and strawberry.

Loving this thread, thank you!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love the Betty Crocker low fat muffins, blueberry, mixed berry or apple and cinnamon. I make them bigger by adding in a can of chopped (unsweetened) apples.
  • katiepie24
    katiepie24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Frooze Balls are my new find. They sell them at fruit and vege shops in packs of 5. They are like biscuits, but are made of nuts and dried fruit. They are only 54 cal per ball and really fill the biccie craving. Plus since they only come in small packets, so there's not that many to eat (or over eat). I can't be trusted with a whole pack of biscuits to only eat two!
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Homebrand Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate cremes. 2 for 70 calories :D Delicious!!

Can you stop at two biscuits? I can't :-( I had a little binge yesterday and ended up going for a second run I felt so bad!!