Need more members.

Options

Replies

• vbuell997
    vbuell997 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sure should! Every firefighter, police officer, or paramedic depends on dispatcher or telecommunicator to get the job done. I have some very good friends that are dispatchers and have been happy they were on the other end of the radio.
  • paramedicsarah
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Sarah from the UK. I've been in the ambulance service for 9 years - 5 as a paramedic. I'm looking to monitor my lifestyle a bit better and become healthier through the tools in here. And if a lose a couple of inches doing it - all the better!

I'm 41 now and according to the new government and pensions plan I get to retire at 67!! I'd like to think I won't be crawling into upturned cars by then!

Hope to keep in touch with new friends here too - please fell free to add me!
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Does being a dispatcher for a fire department count?

I'm a dispatcher too! I may not be out in the field but I appreciate everything all of you guys that are do!
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    4th semester paramedic student here. 5 months till I write the AEMCA.
  • jazgrl
    jazgrl Posts: 1
    Options
    Another dispatcher here... First for California Highway Patrol and now for California State Parks/Fish and Game. Finally, a chance to talk to others who understand the concept of eating breakfast at 7pm at night and dinner at 4am. Sleep - what's that?

Nice to have found you all.
  • dcrossland
    Options
    What part of SC are you in? I have a friend that works for EMS in Columbia/Lexington area.
  • msjilybean
    msjilybean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm a single mom, full time masters student AND a police officer. My life is crazy! I work for a large department in our investigations division. I am a SVU detective. Special victims are challenging but worthwhile. BUT I have gained 12 lbs since moving from patrol. I am working hard to loose about 30lbs give or take. Happy to be here.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Been and EMT for 6 years and a volunteer Fire Fighter for 3 in upstate NY. Also an EMS instructor and CPR instructor.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Been firefighting for 2 years now, live in Ontario Canada, in the middle of the Rideau Lakes area. Happy to have found you all!
  • cadency
    Options
    Emergency RN here... mostly pediatrics, but I work adults too! Glad to see I'm not the only one. Night shift is kicking my butt, though! :)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    Emergency RN here... mostly pediatrics, but I work adults too! Glad to see I'm not the only one. Night shift is kicking my butt, though! :)

Agreed, nights are the worst for me and eating junk food. It's an effing hard battle, but I'm slowly beating it into submission
  • medicmike1
    medicmike1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Flight paramedic here.... It's so depressing to think we might turn down a call due to weight issues when I know I'm the weight issue. Some support would be appreciated. I'll try my best to be supportive right back. Long hours, shift work and being in a truck all day don't make it easy to loose weight. We have to help each other.. :)
  • emlee0630
    emlee0630 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in training for Virginia Beach 911 and Police Dispatcher. I was with NYPD for 10 years and I've relocated back to my home town. I'm so stressed over learning the new system and how it's done for VBPD, luckily I'm still motivated healthy eating wise I just have to motivate myself more on the exercise.
  • Janiceclea
    Janiceclea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was a dispatcher with the City of Harrisburg Police Department for 10 years now I've transitioned over to the State working in Emergency Traffic Management.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tek254
    tek254 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello everyone. Been using MFP for 6 months or so but only recently discovered this group. Firefighter for 18 years, last 4 as career, as well as emt for ems unit for 12 years.
  • ednjenn
    ednjenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cop here in San Diego CA of 14 years.............. Howdy!
  • PHewittJr
    Options
    Im a firefighter/emt here in Tennessee. Just joined a dept here. But thats because i just moved here from New Jersey. I have been in fire and rescue for almost 10 yrs now. And served in the Army as a Military Police Officer for only 1 year because of breaking 2 vertabras in my lower back.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    New York AEMT-CC here! I work nights in occupational medicine in Jamaica, NY! Working nights is tough on my diet and my ability to exercise. I'm have also been a member of my local volunteer FD on Long Island for the last 13 years. I'm the Captain in the medical rescue company currently and loving every minute of it!
  • davists
    davists Posts: 67
    Options
    I hope you accept volunteers! I've been a volunteer firefighter for my small Indiana town since August 2001.