Week 3

trishajo82
trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
Anyone else just starting week 3?

I did W3D1 last night - the first 3 mins was CAKE! The second 3 mins not so much. LOL But I pushed through it and felt great. Per my BodyBugg I burned over 700 cals during my workout last night!!

Chime in if you're also on Week 3!:bigsmile:

Replies

• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Week 3! It was easier than I thought it would be, but I'm coming down with a cold. :( Hoping I am up to completing week 3 tomorrow!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 287 Member
    Did W3D1 tonight, but I did more than I needed to! I forgot my phone, so I guessed the intervals and ended up doing a run 3 minutes/walk 2 minutes interval four times. I guess day 2 will be a piece of cake!
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Hey y'all I've just done week 3 day 2. Day 3 over the wekend. Week 4 looks tough...
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Great job on pushing through and getting it done!!! I don't start week 3 until sunday =( I am eager to conquer it though. These two days between D3 of the previous week and D1 of the next week seem like forever.
  • Phew... thats my W3D3 finished..... :o)

Bring it!! W4!!!
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    I just finished W2D3 today. My next running day isn't until Tuesday! The 3minute run is messing with my mind... I'm feeling VERY intimidated. Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow (*gasp* on a Saturday!) and do a Week 3 Prequel thing.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 522 Member
    I did W3D1 last night by accident. :blushing: When i got to the gym the podcasts for weeks 1 & 2 were nowhere to be found?! So i did week 3 and did just fine with it. I recently had issues with pretty bad shin splints from my W2D1 run last Friday and was a little reluctant to move into week 3 but happy that after a week off i am ready to continue :o)

Happy Running!!
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 742 Member
    Starting week 3 next week. Today I'm going to do a 5k just to see if I can improve my time. I think I'll do intervals of 3 min run/1 min walk. I'm at my sisters so it'll be a new route. Waiting for it to warm up a bit!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'm going through it on my second go-round, trying for speed, and did W3D1 today. I found it easier than week 2. Running 3 minutes is easier for me than running 90 seconds. I'm still trying to find my stride and regulate my breathing in 90 seconds, and by the time I feel comfortable, it's time to stop again.
  • Primalgal
    Did rotten with my 5k on Saturday, but went out today(Sunday) and did Week 3, Day 1. It was a bit of a struggle since I'm kind of sore from yesterday's debacle! Anyway....Day 1 is finished. I'm hoping W3D2 is easier!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 522 Member
    Did D2W3 today and it was cake!!! Not sure if it was easier because i did it after an hour Zumba class and i was already warmed up....either way i did an extra 3 minute interval because i was feeling froggy. :o) Probably do D3W3 tomorrow!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Just done W3D2 on the treadmill struggled again with the last 3min but done it, I've got to get this gait analysis done to see if my shin splints will improve :grumble:
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    I did W3D3 on Friday and took the weekend off. I was afraid to start week 4 after looking at the minutes, so I did W3D3 again today. It seemed like a big jump in running time from Day 2 to Day 3, so I was surprised that I didn't struggle more. I'm a little nervous about 4 minutes of running, but I'll give it a shot on Wednesday!
  • Primalgal
    W3D2 is finished! I went out at 5:15AM in a cold, misty rain......what fun! NOT! Oh well....it's done & I feel good about that! Not sure when I'll do D3.....my back is giving me fits and I'm going to the chiro tomorrow. Probably finish up Week 3 on Friday morning.

Everyone is doing great!

Lori
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 788 Member
    I completed W3D1 on Monday. I found it much easier than the previous weeks mentally. It was so nice to hear "this is your last run" when I was beginning the 4th run. Plus, now that I am concentrating on my breathing, it was a little easier to make it through the 3 minute runs -- of course the 1st was much easier than the 2nd!

Looking forward to W3D2 tonight!
  • Primalgal
    Finished Week 3 today. I'm a bit nervous about Week 4, but I'll give it my best shot! Onward!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,338 Member
    I am starting week 3 today!
  • shydaisi
    Week 3 complete!!! Looking forward to W4D1...getting nervous about week 5 approaching - W5D3 makes me very nervous.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    I did week 3 day 1 last night and can't say it was a walk in the park but I don't think it was as hard as I had psyched myself out to it being. I walk on the treadmill, warm-up at level 3.5, walk at 4.0, and jog at 5.0. The second jog I had to drop it down to 4.8. I think a big key is learning how to breathe. During the run my legs are feeling fine, I am just gasping for air. Today my butt and upper legs are a little sore but believe me, that is not a bad thing. Hopefully Wednesday will be better.
  • shydaisi
    I did week 3 day 1 last night and can't say it was a walk in the park but I don't think it was as hard as I had psyched myself out to it being. I walk on the treadmill, warm-up at level 3.5, walk at 4.0, and jog at 5.0. The second jog I had to drop it down to 4.8. I think a big key is learning how to breathe. During the run my legs are feeling fine, I am just gasping for air. Today my butt and upper legs are a little sore but believe me, that is not a bad thing. Hopefully Wednesday will be better.

I think week 3 was where I had to really start concentrating on my breathing. Several patterns were suggested to me, but in the end I just do steady in, steady out, at whatever pace my body is calling for at the moment. Sometimes it is even in's and out's, sometimes it is more out's than in's, and vise versa. I have noticed that my lung capacity has greatly improved since doing that, and the runs are "easier".