Week 3

Options

Replies

• hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W3D1 tomorrow morning and am a bit nervous as well. It seems like a big leap to double the running time. I wish I could run with my dog, but she 'stops and smells the roses' a bit too often.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W3D1 tomorrow morning and am a bit nervous as well. It seems like a big leap to double the running time. I wish I could run with my dog, but she 'stops and smells the roses' a bit too often.

I felt exactly the same, you will do fine, honest! She is learning to keep up, I say run when we start so she knows we're off, 'cause it's building up she is eased into it with me! And her trotting pace is usually quicker than my run
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 and I was happy with my performance. I am slow, but I am not racing anyone. I kept my normal 4.5 pace for the 90 second intervals and went down to 4.3 for the 3 minute ones. The last/second 3 min. interval I had a moment where I slowed to 4.1 and walked briskly for 45 seconds, then finished strong. I also did a longer cool down to hit 30 minutes. Something tells me I'll repeat week 3, but we'll see how I do this weekend. :smile: Keep up the great work everyone!
  • hlsc
    Options
    Yea! Did my W3D1 this morning. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. The first 3 minute interval was fine, the second a bit slower, but I still kept up a jogging pace.

14585769.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Successfully finished W3D3 at my target pace, yay me. Terrified of W4D1 but going to give it a go on Friday anyway. You're doing great peeps!
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 today and made it all the way through. I'm a very slow jogger and even then I didn't think I would make it through both 3 minute sessions. I am so happy right now! W3D2 is Sunday. Fridays are my rest days and Saturday is circuit training.
  • hlsc
    Options
    Did W3D2 today. The first 3 minutes seemed more difficult than the second. I made it through though!

I had a bit of inspirations, because I live near a university and all of the ROTC folks were out jogging as well (my dog loves it when they run by)!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 today! The 90 second section seemed easy, shocked by that :laugh: Really enjoying the program can see the difference it is making to my stamina, going to start week 4 on Sunday
  • hlsc
    Options
    Finished week 3 today. My breathing wasn't too great, but I made it through! We'll see how W4D1 goes on Wednesday...
  • momoflanandlil
    Options
    Finished up w2d3 today -start w3d1 on thursday! I sorta ran w3d1 today - I ran two 3 minute sessions and 3 90 second sessions, because I had a stitch in my side (ache) and it hurt to quit running, so I just kept running! So I know I can do this!
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I am getting ready to go start w3 right now. A little worried but if I don't go, I won't :)
  • bugmobile
    Options
    Just got back and not anywhere as bad as I thought!!! Not easy for me, but I am ready for day two on Thurs :laugh:
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited about this program!! I did week 3 day 1 last night and was so worried that it was gonna kill me. Instead it felt AMAZING and didn't stress me near as bad as I thought. I'm gonna do this!!
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Completed W3:D2 this morning. I was a bit apprehensive about the longer runs this week, as D1 was a bit of a shocker after W2. That being said I concentrated on my breathing and it was much easier to run and I wasn't tempted to jump off the treadmill or slow down my pace. I'm finding that I actually enjoy pushing myself a bit and really get that heart pumping. How's everyone else doing this week?
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    All... started W3... and it wasn't that difficult... just brushed thro' the 3 mins :)
    I have W3D3 tomorrow... looking forward to W4!!!

Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did week 3 day 2 yesterday. Although there are longer running intervals(3mins), it seems to be going by much faster due to only having 4 runs total. Not looking forward to that 6 min run next week. Seems like a HUGE jump but I guess I'll deal with it when it gets here.
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So, I completed Week 3 this morning -- and I have to say that I thought that the 3 minute runs were going to be harder than they really were. I really had to concentrate on my breathing and think about other things -- but I pushed through and I'm interested to see how I fair next week with the increase in running times. Yikes! Guess I better start pumping myself up for it now...
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 this morning (I'm doing the program again as run-and-run-a-bit-faster instead of walk-run to try and make the dreadmill more interesting). Peeked at week 4 - oof, 5 minutes at a proper run on the treadmill, could be interesting! *tries not to fall off*
  • gingermack
    gingermack Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So I completed Day 1 of Week 3 last night... Not as bad as I anticipated! It wasn't a cake walk, but it wasn't bad either. I am pretty happy about everything so far...
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 tonight! I'm nervous and excited at the same time!!! I'm starting week 3 by running a different area than I have been so I'm hoping the change of scenery will help with the new challenge of running for a longer period of time ^_^