Introductions

Options

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Georgie, 23yr old SAHM of 2 ages 2.5 and almost 4. My husband just joined the Army, hasn't even gone to basic yet, but I want to start getting involved with other military spouses to help learn more about how my life is going to change. Add me if you'd like to :)
  • kandrieu
    kandrieu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I turn 24 tomorrow and August 2nd is my 4th wedding anniversary. My hubby is in the Army and is currently stationed in Japan on an unaccompanied tour. Our son wasn't approved for travel so we are living with my parents in WA state just North of Ft. Lewis. I had a breast reduction back in April and was able to get down to 222lbs but with being lazy waiting to be able to workout again and not always eating great I am now back up to 232lbs. My goal is to get down to 150lbs before the hubby comes back the end of 2013.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hola,Im Ellie. I am a soon to be SAHM my Husband is an active duty Marine going on 18 years.We are in Albuquerque,NM for recruiting duty.I have a 5 month old baby and I gained 62lbs with her eek! I still have 32lbs before I get to my prior weight.I am a Military vet as well and having just had shoulder surgery im unable to do a lot of the things I did before to lose weight. :(
  • honeybearbunny
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Niki and I am a SAHM and wife plus college student. My hubby is stationed at Pope AAF, NC. I am currently battling the bulge so to speak... I wanting to lost about 66lbs to get to a weight that I feel looks good on my short frame. I look forward to sharing and support each other.
  • nosilla02
    nosilla02 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm Allison. I am married to the Coast Guard. My husband is currently serving a 6 month deployment over seas. He will be home sometime in mid November. We are currently in Biloxi, MS. We have one little boy who will be 3 in September. I have about 20 lbs to lose. Need a little encouragement and hope to find some new friends along the way. :flowerforyou:
  • shocker3
    Options
    Hi, I'm Penni. My husband is in the Army and we have also done Army Reserve, Active Army, Air National Guard, and now back to Active Army. Husband is deployed and getting ready to return in the next few months. I want to lose a total of 60 lbs before my birthday next year and I will be happy with losing 30 by my birthday. Making little goals and reaching them. I am also SAHM who home schools my son and sometimes that is a challenge. We are currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC.
  • osteral
    osteral Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy. My husband is stationed at Ft Riley, but thankfully we live about 30 minutes away. We have two kids and I am still trying to get rid of the gains from my youngest (who is 12). I am a full time student and an assistant Girl Scout leader. I would love to make some new friends on here; it helps on those days when I am not motivated to "do it on my own". I got a treadmill about a week ago so most of my workouts are jogging, intervals, and inclines right now. I may add in some videos after school starts and the tv becomes available again. My toughest challenge is the eating habits. I really don't like most veggies and I love carbs (as in would eat nothing but them all day if I could). Any tips are appreciated!!
  • heathermonti
    heathermonti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Heather, and my husband is in the Navy. We are currently stationed in Bremerton, WA. He is leaving soon on an 8-month deployment, so I'm kicking it into high gear trying to get in shape before he gets back!

I'm 29 years old, have a 2-year-old daughter who keeps me on my toes, and I am also starting online college classes this fall. I'm finally pursuing my dream of having a bachelor's degree in natural resources.

I love eating and hate working out, so this is going to be a fight every single day! LOL

Anyway, feel free to add me if you like. My friends motivate me!
  • linlee07
    linlee07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Linda, my husband is in the Marine Corps. We are currently stationed in Pensacola, Florida. He has been in for over 24 yrs.

I am 44, have 5 children ages 11 to 22. I work in Real Estate.

I started my fitness pal a few weeks ago and it is hard, needless to say. I would love to meet some other wives out there trying to lose the weight and get fit. I need to lose around 40-50 pounds. I look forward to meeting new people going through the same day to day challenges.
  • SherJonesy
    Options
    I'm Sherri. My husband is in the Army stationed at Ft Wainwright, AK.
    And I have a serious problem with eating pretty much anything with sugar in it.
    We have 2 kids, and I want to get rid of this "mommy body" and start looking hot again before we end up having another baby destroy my body, haha
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI :) My name is Hannah and Im an Air Force wife and we are currently stationed at Misawa Air Base, Japan!
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Hi! My name is Liz! I'm 22 and my husband and I are currently stationed at Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota (although he is presently deployed). He left for the Air Force BMT last May, and we got married the March before that (and we also only met about 6 months before that). I got to see him at graduation for three days last July, and then not again until December. I struggled with quitting smoking that whole time, but now I've been a non smoker since December (I think I've smoked... 4 cigarettes since then?). Of course I've struggled with my weight as a result of quitting. I also am a stress eater and I'm sure everyone can relate to the stress of being a military wife. It certainly doesn't help that my husband can literally shove anything in his mouth and not gain anything (definitely bitter about that). So! While he's deployed I'm determined to slim down and make some lasting life changes so that when he comes back we can both live fuller healthier lives. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!
  • britlatham
    Options
    :smile: Im Brittany, I have 2 daughters. I gained 60 with the 1st and lost 30, then with my 2nd I gained 30 and have lost all of that. Sooo I am just working on the last 30 from my first daughter....I cant wait to get back into my pre pregnancy jeans. My husband is Navy and we are in San Diego CA. Good luck ladies!
  • acop111
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amy. I am 33 years old. Right now we a currently in Ft. Hood Tx. In Dec. we will be going to Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri. I'm starting to get a little nervous. We have 3 kids ages 16, 7, and 5. I am a stay at home mom but thinking about rejoining the work force after the move. I have been struggling with my weight for about 2 years now. Finally I decided that is was time to stop whining and take action. We are starting a new chapter in our lives and I would to look good, feel great, and be happy confident.
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm KeKe. My husband is Air Force and we are stationed at Kirtland AFB, NM. We have two sons, 9 and 5. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday (6 months from now). I wish you all luck in your weight loss journeys :o)
  • Palmpaula
    Palmpaula Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Paula and currently living in Vilseck Germany I've tried losing weight before but wasn't really motivated. This time it's on and with the support of MFP members I'm sure I can do it!! Good luck everyone in their weight loss journeys!!!
  • metalgrl1369
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm shelby and I'm a 28 y/o Army wife. We are stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY. We just had our first baby, a girl july 31st so I'm trying to lose the pregnancy weight and then some. I had lost 50 lbs before getting pregnant but wasn't quite at my goal then. I gained that 50 back in my pregnancy and am now down 32. I'd like to lose another 50 or so.
  • dycheelizabeth
    Options
    Hello all! I am a 29 year old Air Force wife. My husband and I will be married for 5 years this month! We have two little boys, 4 and 2. We are currently stationed at Langley AFB in Virginia but my husband resigns his contract in Nov so we are hoping for orders! I am fairly new to MFP, joined late last year but only really started my journey 4 months ago. I hope to be able to look to this group for support because we are a very unique group and we go through situations no civilian could ever understand! Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can keep tabs on each other and support each other! Good luck in your weight loss endeavors!
  • Sarah_Kelly
    Sarah_Kelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah. I'm a 27 year old army wife living at Fort Campbell, KY. My husband is currently deployed. I lost about 30 pounds over the last 9 months and am just trying to build muscle and feel better about myself. I have 2 kids, ages 5 and 2, so I stay pretty busy.
  • naturaldiv4
    Options
    Hello, My name is Felecia. I am an Army wife, my husband and I are stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado. I had my first child 13 months ago and I feel that it is way past due time for me to get in shape.