what phone do you have?

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    3-phones.jpg

This is the one I have.. so far I love it...except the battery life is not all that great.

Had one of those. It was stolen. Right from the outside pocket of my purse as I checked out my groceries! AMAZING. Has Google pushed Jelly Bean to it yet? That's really my only regret to my RAZR, even with Google buying Moto, I'm still one release behind on Android--Ice Cream Sandwich was pushed to my RAZR last week...

Battery life was amazing (good amazing) compared to most phones with that kind of power. What, exactly, would you expect? Only Apple does better in the battery life department. My HTC EVO 4G got two and a half hours if any radios were on at all. And why would a smartphone be useful without a connection?
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't do Apple anything. I am more of a Linux guy.

:drinker:

I recently "upgraded" (lol, if you want to call it that) from my trusty Hero to the Galaxy Exhibit - not too shabby so far. Like mentioned above, Windows/Apple = :sick: :smile:
  • FitLink
    Options
    Droid Razr Maxx. Love it.

I run both OSX and Linux. (I even have a netbook running, *GASP*, Win7!) You'd be amazed at the similarities between most Linux distros and OSX's BSD...

Is the RAZR Maxx battery life really as good as they claim? I bought my RAZR before the Maxx came out, and it's the first phone I haven't been able to carry spare batteries for since my last iPhone (3Gs). My RAZR has difficulty making it from the time I leave work to bedtime. I do leave all radios on though, because I see no point to a smartphone that can't use all the cool smartphone functions.
  • FitLink
    Options

:drinker:

I recently "upgraded" (lol, if you want to call it that) from my trusty Hero to the Galaxy Exhibit - not too shabby so far. Like mentioned above, Windows/Apple = :sick: :smile:

The Hero would have been amazing for it's time, had they used glass for the display. Once I had glass on my first iPhone, I was spoiled, and when I moved to Android I was amazed at how many otherwise amazing phones of the time had plastic displays. My first Android was the HTC EVO 4G, mostly because of it's glass display, but I also really wanted the hotspot capability, and EVO was early with that.

I'm an all-round geek, and I'm fairly platform agnostic. I'm pretty amazed at the anti-Apple geeks, because Apple makes amazing hardware that can run Windows or Linux if you prefer. Actually, my non-Apple hardware runs Linux variants (but for a lone netbook with, *GASP*, Win7) but I find OSX's BSD to be adequate to most tasks and it's Terminal can do what any bash terminal can do. Why bash (pun intended, but admittedly not great) Apple?
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Why bash (pun intended, but admittedly not great) Apple?

The biggest reason - I'm a cheapskate :smile:

There's also something about the branding/culture that irks me (but maybe the same could be said of Linux folk, too..)
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    iPhone 4s here. It was a birthday gift from my son and it has revolutionized my life. One of my favorite apps is MFP and the ability to scan barcodes. I've always resisted keeping a food diary -- my life is complicated enough with keeping track of medications and such. My iPhone has made doing this so easy!

I was willing to consider an android but this is a Mac household and everyone else in the family has iPhones so the ease of interfacing drove the decision
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Have an HTC Desire and liked it. Pre-ordered a Galaxy 3 from US Cellular, can't wait to get it !
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I own the BlackBerry Curve, and I wish I had moved up to the iPhone the last time I took out a contract with Sprint. I was afraid of the technology since I'm not very good at learning new tech stuff. My contract runs out in exactly 3.5 months, and I plan on buying the iPhone S or S4; which ever they have in stock. I can't wait for a new phone. The Apple Store will teach me how to use all of the apps.
  • footdoc6
    footdoc6 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone 4, no S! I love the phone and I don't know what I did with out it! My partner has the HTC Thunderbolt and loves his as well.
  • celtictechie
    Options
    Phone Progression:

2006-2010: Motorola Razr (The silver flip everyone had)
    2010-2011: Motorola Droid 1 (This one broke)
    2011-2012: Motorola Droid 2 (We decided we hated Verizon with a passion. The phone itself was wonderful)
    2012-now: Motorola Electrify. US Cellular.

The Motorola Electrify is my baby and I don't want to part with it. My battery is kind of shot but US Cellular does battery swap.
  • adriana_bg
    adriana_bg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Double sim android phone, love it!!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Kyocera Brio!

Just texting, picture taking, and talking. I'm a text fiend and this is all I need :)
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Galaxy S2 for me, Epic for my wife, Evo 4g for one son and a BB for my youngest son. I've decided from now on I'm only buying Nexus phones.

I also don't allow Apple products in my house. Great products, but I'm not a fan of the company.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have an HTC something. It's semi-smart, runs some android apps, not others.
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I currently have a blackberry (Curve) but it is a godawful phone. I am trying to hold out until the iPhone 5 comes out, though they keep pushing the release date back...

How do yall feel about those android phones? They all seem to big for my little girl hands...
  • celtictechie
    Options
    Android is one of the most functional and customizable operating systems hands down. You also get tons of choices of phones, instead of just one. There are many more free, functional applications and if you need to be doing a lot of things at once the android is what you want to get. iOS is very limited as to what you can do and you have one choice of phone.

Blackberry is dying, and Windows Phone 7 is a poor excuse for an amped up Zune (note, the Zune failed. So is the phone)
  • mwkolojaco03
    Options
    I'm an iPhone 4s guy m'self, alhough I'm sure I'll have a huge case of 5-fever in a few months. For those who have a 4, wait. You'll be glad you did.
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    IPhone 4
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Some $30 Samsung, that works just fine for me.. But, I have Motorola Xoom on the side. ;]
  • joebrown931
    Options
    I have the White IPhone 4s and i suggest that everyone go out nd buy the new five when it comes out.... LONG LIVE APPLE!!!