Stage 5 Questions

Options

Replies

• cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks Karen... that's a good point on the rest periods.... Natini: I'm also nursing an injured shoulder, so I'm not pushing the weights too much... just enough to be heavy, but I try not to overexert... is that a word?

Hopefully I'll make it to the gym tonight for B3. Those single leg Romanian DLs are working... my hammies and glutes are super sore.... it hurts to sneeze....

time to schedule a massage....
  • cpa8198
    Options
    B3 check! I was press for time... so I only did 3 sets each... and of course I did my own thing for Abs

2 more to go....
  • cpa8198
    Options
    A4 done! B4 tonight hopefully (my allergies are going nuts today and I just want to go back to sleep!)
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Stage 5 Workout 5 sucks!!! So boring. That is all.
  • rcb1963
    rcb1963 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bax,
    I agree it is not exciting since it is a repeat of stage 3. I am glad that I have seen an increase in strength and lower time on the BWM. Looking forward to being done with it. I've done 2 workouts of A and 1 of B. Almost 1/2 way done. :happy:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Stage 3 is my least fav and now I have to repeat it! I agree, very boring.

Hoping to start this week if I can get a minute to go join the new gym.

RCB, that's great that you're seeing increases in strength. Makes it easier to stay motivated.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Completed 1/2 A2 today as I have a soccer game tonight, will finish tomorrow. I like this workout alot. The snatches and the one leg deadlifts are killer. It took almost a week for the DOMS to go away on my hamstrings after the last A workout. I wish I could skip B alltogether. I feel like it does nothing. The whole abs workout at the end I have completly rearranged to make me feel like IM doing something. Situps (from a decline) with a 10 lb plate, will probably go up next workout out, Reverse crunches bring my feet straight down but never touching the ground, then what I call standing side crunches holding a 40lb kettlebell. How is everyone else doing?

Oh I love the BWM I take a foam roller to my quads in between sets, that helps ALOT!!!
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start Stage 5 this week, too! I've had a bit of delay finishing up with 4 (just one workout left!), so hopefully by the weekend I'll be ready to go :-)

There were several things I quite liked about Stage 3, so I'm not exactly sorry to see them returning. Except BWM.... that just might do me in!
  • rcb1963
    rcb1963 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 3 workouts left on stage 5. Will be done on Monday before Thanksgiving. I certainly will be thankful to be done with stage 5. I had to do the BWM first the other day because my son and his friends were using the weights doing STRONGLIFTS 5X5. It was weird to be done with the workout and no BWM afterward. I did feel more sore that day. I wonder if it is because the BWM is usually last and I feel looser then.
    I am curious if anyone is skipping stage 6 and going straight to 7. I would like to know. I am torn. :glasses:
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Im going to be doing stage 6, because who doesnt want to do a pullup!? Also Im sure it works on strength to some extent. Can't wait to see if I actually can pull off a pullup by the end.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anyone else in Stage 5 or am I seemingly all by myself here too?
  • baxgilter
    Options
    I have one more workout, Stage 5 Workout B tomorrow!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Well, best wishes to you, Bax!!
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Nthn, I will check the boards on a regular basis if you have any questions or thoughts as you kick Stage 5's butt!

- JoAnna
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Finally Finished! Stats of the excercises I did from start to finish and didn't modify to my needs.

Work Out A
    One Arm DB Snatch 40lb-45lb
    DB single leg DL 30lb in each hand - 45lb in each hand
    BB bent over row 75lbs-100lbs
    DB single arm over head squat 8lb/15lb - 12lb/20lb
    DB incline bench press 25lb-32.5lb in each hand
    Reverse Wood Chop 6plates-6.5 plates
    BWM Worst Time 2:18 best time 1:17

Work Out B
    BB Romanian DL W/ Row 85lb-95lb
    Partial Single Leg Squat 20lb in each hand-35lb in each hand
    Wide Grip Lat 87.5 lbs - 94.75 lbs
    Back Extension 35lb plate - 50 lb kettlebell
    YTWL 12 lbs :(

Keep rocking it ladies!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    You're not alone, Nthn!

Awesome stats, Bax! Good luck in Stage 6(or 7- whichever you are doing).

Finally got my first Stage 5 workout in today. I haven't officially lifted in a month. I was pleasantly surprised that I only had to go down in wts on the bench press (go figure!). Planks were horrible, though. Oh, and thanks to my kids screaming, I wasn't able to do the BWM.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Hey Cowgirl! Glad to know Im not alone. Although now that Im reading you missed a month of lifting Im feeling guilty for being upset that Im missing the gym this morning. LOL! My eldest (4) came down with a stomach bug this morning, so no preschool. Hopefully Ill be able to run off to the gym as soon as my hubby gets home. I hate falling behind!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just wrapped up Stage 4 today. Will start Stage 5 this weekend. Glad to see there's a couple people here.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    I did some rearranging of stage 5 thanks to my wrist (de Quervains and scaphoid-lunate ligament issues). I ditched the regular BB row on workout A in favor of a Pendlay row and switched the Romanian Deadlift w/ Bent Over Row for just a plain old Deadlift. Its the row that keeps aggravating my wrist. Anywho...

I deadlifted 150lbs today!!! Thats 6lbs less than I weigh. Next time, Im going for 155!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Ebaymommy, glad to see we have one more person here!

Nthn, I've missed so much with sick kids and moving these past few months. Just trying to get back in the swing of things. Way to go on the DLs! That's some serious weight.

I pulled my trap yesterday doing 1B. I've done this a lot on the pull-downs so I MUST be doing something wrong. It feels a little better today. Other than that, I had a great workout. I'm feeling more motivated now that I've finally started Stage 5. Hope I can keep up this momentum. Does anyone else feel like the overhead squat is just really awkward? It really hurts in my lower back when I do it. I'm wondering if I should do something else, but I think it may be a range of motion or nerve issue because it's only on my right side.