Stage 5 Questions

Options

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I still did 25 lbs for the snatch and I could only do 3 sets because my left shoulder was really starting to hurt and I didn't want to injure myself. But those 3 sets still worked me over.

I have to confess that I have only been doing 1 set of the body matrix. I just couldn't bring myself to do that second set. However yesterday I forced myself to do it. The funny thing is that my second set actually took less time than the first by a minute, weird. I spent the rest period between those sets stretching really well so I think that helped with the second set.

Honestly I am looking forward to finishing the program. I am tired of 90 minute plus workouts. It just makes me too tired. I think I am going back to doing circuit training. I have a good layout from The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. But I am going to continue lifting as heavy as I can but I also need to add the cardio element. I also really like getting in and getting out.
  • idauria
    Options
    IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

This was me December 3. Honest opinions please. I'd like to know I haven't been killing myself in vain.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I was able to use a 40lb. dumbbell today when doing the one-arm snatch. I noticed a few guys in the gym were watching me and it felt uncomfortable. No one said anything to me, but if my form was bad I wish they WOULD tell me.

I also shaved a minute off my time when doing the body matrix and the 2-minute planks are getting easier. It was a good day at the gym!
    I bet they were looking at you because they never seen a lady do a one-arm snatch with 40lbs, or better yet never seen a lady do a snatch at all. You go, girl!
  • deninevi
    Options
    IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

This was me December 3. Honest opinions please. I'd like to know I haven't been killing myself in vain.

I think you look awesome! All the hard work has paid off! I think I read that you said you are unhappy with your stomach, but I think it looks great!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,945 Member
    Options
    Agreed. idauria, if I get to your body at the end of this, it will have me HOWLING from the roof-tops. You look great! And I'm glad to read you are going to continue heavy-lifting - a new program sounds EXCITING!
  • idauria
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome props ladies! I'm working hard on getting my body where I want it to be. I'm still disappointed that I'm not really any different than when I started this program. I just reduced my calorie goal so I'll see if that helps. I purchased a local deal for 4 sessions with a personal trainer at a nearby gym. I have always wanted to get a professional opinion/help and it was a good deal so I'm going for it. I'll wait until after I finish this program though. I don't know if he will suggest a regimen of his own or just give my pointers. I also would like to get my body fat percentage checked. I don't know if he does that but I'll ask. I also want his opinion on calorie intake. Should be interesting. I'll keep y'all posted!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I did 45 prone jackknives today (3 sets of 15), my personal best so far. I'm determined to have 6-pack abs!
  • idauria
    Options
    I did 45 prone jackknives today (3 sets of 15), my personal best so far. I'm determined to have 6-pack abs!

Awesome!!!
  • deninevi
    Options

That's great!
  • idauria
    Options
    I just finished Stage 5 Workout A. I can't tell you how glad I am to be done with the body matrix!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stage 5 Workout A. I can't tell you how glad I am to be done with the body matrix!

ugggg lucky you!!!! Did you decided what you want to do after NROL4W?
  • idauria
    Options

I think I am going to do one of the workouts in Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. It's an A&B workout but there's only 4-5 exercises in each one, all focusing on major muscle groups. It has you doing 12 reps but I am going to change it to higher weight/lower reps. I want to stick with that protocol so I don't lose any gains I have made. I started doing intervals on the elliptical yesterday and I will continue to do that as well. What about you?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I think I am going to do one of the workouts in Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. It's an A&B workout but there's only 4-5 exercises in each one, all focusing on major muscle groups. It has you doing 12 reps but I am going to change it to higher weight/lower reps. I want to stick with that protocol so I don't lose any gains I have made. I started doing intervals on the elliptical yesterday and I will continue to do that as well. What about you?

I really do not know. I will probably buy the new rules of lifting to see if I like it. Let me know how you like the big book!!!! I just want to lift and continue getting stronger
  • idauria
    Options
    I really do not know. I will probably buy the new rules of lifting to see if I like it. Let me know how you like the big book!!!! I just want to lift and continue getting stronger
    [/quote]

Me too! I can't do another 90+ workout otherwise I might also check out New Rules of Lifting. I think the one I am planning on doing will be a lot shorter.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I had to take a hiatus from myfitnesspal for a bit because I was so crazy busy with work - hoping that is slowing down now, but we'll see. Looks like I lost a bunch of friends in the process - not un-committed, just too busy to be active on here. I have kept up with NROLFW and am feeling really good right now. I finished up Stage 4 doing 85 lb squat push presses - I really wanted to break 80 lbs this round!

I know this is crazy, but I really love the body matrix...okay, maybe I love to hate it. It makes me feel so strong! But, I have diagnosed runner's knee and can't do the squats, so I think I'll just have to do reverse lunges, which will take me longer. O-well, it's better than nothing, right?

Great job everyone!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I had to take a hiatus from myfitnesspal for a bit because I was so crazy busy with work - hoping that is slowing down now, but we'll see. Looks like I lost a bunch of friends in the process - not un-committed, just too busy to be active on here. I have kept up with NROLFW and am feeling really good right now. I finished up Stage 4 doing 85 lb squat push presses - I really wanted to break 80 lbs this round!

I know this is crazy, but I really love the body matrix...okay, maybe I love to hate it. It makes me feel so strong! But, I have diagnosed runner's knee and can't do the squats, so I think I'll just have to do reverse lunges, which will take me longer. O-well, it's better than nothing, right?

Great job everyone!
    Glad to hear you're keeping up with NROL4W. 85 lb. squat push press is impressive! I feel the same way about the body matrix. I feel so good when I finish. Even though I'm out of breath and my legs are on fire, it gives me a great sense of accomplishment and I feel very strong. I have 2 workouts left in Stage 5 then I'll do the optional Stage 6.
  • deninevi
    Options

Great job everyone!

Glad to see you back at it! 85 lbs. squat push press is awesome! I still don't like the body matrix!:)
  • deninevi
    Options
    [/quote]
    Glad to hear you're keeping up with NROL4W. 85 lb. squat push press is impressive! I feel the same way about the body matrix. I feel so good when I finish. Even though I'm out of breath and my legs are on fire, it gives me a great sense of accomplishment and I feel very strong. I have 2 workouts left in Stage 5 then I'll do the optional Stage 6.
    [/quote]

Seems like we are at the same spot in the program. Pull ups here we come :)!
  • idauria
    Options
    85lb push press!!! Damn, girl! I can barely do them with 50lbs. I used just the bar for the longest time. I'll be happy to never have to do those again though. I really didn't like them. But that's awesome progress for you! I just plain hate the body matrix. I hate that it still makes my legs feel like jelly when it's over. But they also feel tight and strong, so that I like!

I'm taking this week fully off since I did something to my lower back on the right side. I haven't even done any cardio this week. :( But I plan on jumping into stage 7 on Monday. Can't wait!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Anyone starting stage 5? I did workout A last night.