Stage 5 Questions

Options

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just typed a reply and lost it.. oh well.

I planned the bench presses for when hubby was home, i found if he helped me lift them up to start with, then i could get them down and up.

Add weight to the partial squats and back extension for a challenge.

See my post a week or so back about modifying the abs? Don't stress the rest periods, 2 mins is a bit long.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with the bench press. I think I need a strong servant of some kind to stand next to me and help me just with the bench press. Partner, alas, was normally asleep or watching something riveting on tV! I gave up in the end and just stayed with manageable weights.

I didn't do 2 minutes rest either; it just seemed plain silly when I felt ready to move on.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i'm just getting ready to start here tomorrow and it looks like everyone will be done! :(

I just started Stage 5 on July 2!
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    The bench press - getting those weights up must look pretty funny to anyone watching....but once I get them up I can do them. I fear dropping a 40# db on my face.....It really has held me back I think!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Starting Sunday!! Love seeing your weight increases. I have hope that I will be able to go BIG this Stage!
  • samntha14
    Options
    *crickets*
  • samntha14
    Options
    Hello me, it's me again.

Fished 5A1 today.
    Started with the ending weights from stage 3 but was surprised I couldn't up my weights more with one four reps to do.

So Far:
    One arm snatch 25-30bs, I tried 35 but my left arm couldn't get it over my head. Something is up with that shoulder. I noticed my shoulders aren't even. Something to talk to chiropractor about.

Bent-over row: Again shoulder effecting this one. 80-85lbs. The curling bars are better for me for this one but they go up in increments of 10.

One armed squat 10/20 to 15/30

Inclined Bench Press 50-60lbs Yeah I need a spot to get the heavier ones up. Wonder if there is a trick to this one or if I should go use the machine.

PLanks did ALL THREE at 120 very proud of me.

Reverse Wood Chop: 60-80lbs

Body weight matrix stage 3 best time 4:09. Tonight I did 3:57 and 3:27. Kind of shocked that I went down that much and was pretty much able to walk out of the gym LOL
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I had the same problem with the bench press - no spotter. It was really frustrating as I knew I could go higher. In my case it was because partner was always out when I was working out, but at the gym could you ask a member of staff?
  • samntha14
    Options
    doesn't hurt to ask.
  • samntha14
    Options
    "I'm feeling so lonely I could cry"

5B1 I am in serious pain after woa on Sunday with the BWM followed by a day at the water park climbing all of those stairs, and today's wob. My legs are revolting against me and I can't even have a soak because my landlord turned off the water for emergency repairs:sad:

Bent-over/deadlift: using the curling bars for better hand positioning. still at 80lbs from stage 3
    Partial squat: didn't go well with over-worked thighs 30lbs from stage 3
    Wide lat pull: up to 95 (THere was a totally ripped chic there doing 115 at 20 reps, hardcore!!!)
    Back extention: (thighs hurt leaning on apparatus) 25lb plate
    YTWL: up from 10lbs t0 15 lbs thanks to only doing 4 reps LOL

Ab work: speed super sets of 10

no cobra no intervals ran out time and my weren't running anywhere.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    "I'm feeling so lonely I could cry"

5B1 I am in serious pain after woa on Sunday with the BWM followed by a day at the water park climbing all of those stairs, and today's wob. My legs are revolting against me and I can't even have a soak because my landlord turned off the water for emergency repairs:sad:

Bent-over/deadlift: using the curling bars for better hand positioning. still at 80lbs from stage 3
    Partial squat: didn't go well with over-worked thighs 30lbs from stage 3
    Wide lat pull: up to 95 (THere was a totally ripped chic there doing 115 at 20 reps, hardcore!!!)
    Back extention: (thighs hurt leaning on apparatus) 25lb plate
    YTWL: up from 10lbs t0 15 lbs thanks to only doing 4 reps LOL

Ab work: speed super sets of 10

no cobra no intervals ran out time and my weren't running anywhere.

That's impressive work Samantha. You're going to have great arms with those YTWLs! I missed a lot of cobras & intervals too, but figured I was getting plenty of similar exercises elsewhere.
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    OK, I love this workout for the most part. I don't want to appear that I am bragging, sorry if I am. I have really seen some improvement in my weights, and it makes me giddy. I have not changed too drastically in my appearance, tho. Booo!~

One arm snatch 40# on my right arm, 35# on my left (I have a shoulder issue)

Single Romanian - 25# too easy weight-wise, but my balance needs more work

Barbell bent-over row - went up from 50 to 80# smiles!

Dumb bell single arm squat - I've increased from 12.5/25 to 25/50#

Dumbell incline press - still stuck at 35 - can't get anything heavier up!!!

Planks - I f'n hate them! But I can do them.

Reverse wood chop - I went up from a 4 to a 5....I have no idea how much weight that is on this cable system.

BWM - I can do one set...I love it...I hate it....I love it...I mostly hate it.
  • samntha14
    Options
    nice job Katie!! Your single arm moves are VERY impressive. I have a tiny shoulder issue too that make the bent rows a bit of a problem and getting heavy stuff over my head too.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If I stay on track, I will be joining you a week from today! Looking forward to getting back to these exercises. I will take YTWL gladly if I never have to do another step up or split squat!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Partial squats are about the same thing unfortunately. Can't wait to see you Mamacita.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    If I stay on track, I will be joining you a week from today! Looking forward to getting back to these exercises. I will take YTWL gladly if I never have to do another step up or split squat!

Heh heh! There are more split squats in Stage 6. but don't let that put you off - it's a great stage, honestly!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Mixed bag tonight. I am disappointed that I didn't increase weight ANYWHERE. The jumps at this point are just too big. However, I ended up shaving a FULL MINUTE off my body weight matrix time. Woo hoo! How? I actually rested. In fact I was BSing with a buddy of mine and rested for about 10 minutes in between and POWERED through the second go around.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Halfway through stage 5!!

Bent-over/deadlift 90lbs
    Partial squat 35lbs
    wide lat pull: 100
    back extension: new variation, 1 legged with 10lb plate
    YTWL 15lbs, easier this time, felt strong.
    AB work super set of 10 and prone cobras give me an *kitten* cramp at 2min mark LOL

My intervals sucked. I increased speed by 1/10 and ended up with a calf cramp so I stopped after 10 min.

Marching on....
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Halfway through stage 5!!

Bent-over/deadlift 90lbs
    Partial squat 35lbs
    wide lat pull: 100
    back extension: new variation, 1 legged with 10lb plate
    YTWL 15lbs, easier this time, felt strong.
    AB work super set of 10 and prone cobras give me an *kitten* cramp at 2min mark LOL

My intervals sucked. I increased speed by 1/10 and ended up with a calf cramp so I stopped after 10 min.

Marching on....

Looking good, Samantha. 15lb YTWLs is impressive; I had to go back down, but I'm too embarrassed to say where I ended up!

Don't know if I've missed this in previous posts, but what on earth is a 1 legged back extension???
  • samntha14
    Options
    I was asking how to make the back extension harder because I was already using the 25lbs plate and can't see using the 45. Beeps recommended doing them with one leg and it's exactly what it sounds like. I had to look up a picture though. You hold your non-working leg out of the way and make the working leg do everything, then switch. It's double the reps because you're switching legs. I actually had to drop to 10lbs to do it.