Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• carolyn3572
    Options
    Starting my second time through Stage 7 tonight. Partly because I am still reading NROL for Abs and not quite ready to start yet.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I decided to consider this week my rest week and move on to Supercharged, since the first 4 stages of Supercharged are considered "fat burning" too, and that is my focus right now.

I'm kind of excited to plan my own workouts. I just need to make sure I plan to do things I hate as well as the ones I love.

I'm actually looking forward to doing Bulgarian Split Squats, Front Squat Push Press and those one-legged Romanian dumbbell deadlifts again. There are a lot of new exercises that I can't wait to do, too. Funny that I'm so excited to exercise -- that's definitely never happened to me before, and why I love this program so much.
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anyone else still in Stage 7?

I just did the first workout last night, feeling ok this morning, but I'm waiting for my DOMS to kick in on Monday. Man, was that a tough workout. The 30s rest really never gave me a chance to catch my breath -- I guess that was the point!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm finished, but I will commiserate. Those static lunges with rear foot elevated in A, and the step ups in B are the most brutal part of the whole program!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I will doing the first workout tomorrow. Looking forward to the different pace but not so excited about how hard it will be!
  • allikat819
    Options
    I'm actually a little surprised that I don't have MORE DOMS today... Don't get me wrong, I can feel all of my muscles, but it's more of a reminder that they exist and not so much a full out PAIN that I was expecting! The one exception is my right thigh. I don't know why the right over the left, I think I did everything equally... maybe not so much.

My legs were definitely jelly after that workout - yes it was hard. But yes - I did it!

I've got 7.2 tonight!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I just did Workout 1 today. I only did 3 sets for the B rotation because I was sick last night/this morning (darn you fried Superbowl foods!) and was feeling really shakey. I'll have to do better for the rest of the stage! But man, it's only been 8 hours and my legs/bum are killing me!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I am with you ladies! I nearly passed out on set 3 but kept going. Not very impressed with my weights. I was limited by my grip strength oddly enough.
  • allikat819
    Options
    cowgirl, I found the grip strength to be even more of a problem tonight when I did 7.2!! Particularly for the step-ups... I've been really limited with my apartment complex gym in what I can do, and I need to figure a way to get a higher step so that I can drop down the weights. Step up has been more an exercise in strengthening my fore-arm to keep a hold of a gigantic dumbbell rather working my legs and rear as it should be. I'll figure out something for the next time these exercises pop up.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I remember having the grip problem with the high reps in Stage 1 as well. It was only in my left hand though. I am thinking it might partially be due to residual nerve damage in that arm from an old injury. I am soooo incredibly sore today I can tell that the workout was effective.

Do they have a weight bench you could do step ups on?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    7.2 is done. These high reps make me feel pitiful. Oh we'll, I know they work cause my whole body felt like jello when I was done!
  • allikat819
    Options
    Yes, there's a weight bench I can use. So I'll get on that! I think it'lll really help me make sure I'm working what I'm supposed to be.

I have 7.3 tonight!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    How did 7.3 go? I was glad to see DLs are back!

This stage is killing me mentally! I just want to scream by the second set of the alternating sets! I guess it's the higher reps making me feel like it will never end. . With so many reps I have to keep the weights lower than I want. Only 3 more to go.....
    I may not be around this week. We're going on vacation and I don't plan on thinking about Stage 7 much unless the resort has some dumb bells.
  • allikat819
    Options
    I didn't get to 7.3 until Saturday (my lifting buddy bailed on me for Thurs night). I was glad to see deadlifts again, but doing deadlifts and then going into the lunge with rear foot elevated made for some really wobbly legs. I didn't increase weights for the 2nd half of the exercises, but I did try to increase reps wherever possible!

This stage 7 really is killer. Like you, I feel like I'm going to die by the time I get through that 2nd rotation. The 2nd half is SO TOUGH.

Enjoy your vacation! Maybe you'll feel relaxed and refreshed and able to kick stage 7 in the butt when you return! I'm planning on finishing all 6 workouts a 2nd time right now, so I"ll be around in 7 for a while yet :-)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I just did the first workout of stage 7 today. Whew, kicked my butt! There is just no rest with those 30 seconds. I was dying by the 4th round.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Ugh it took me 2 days to recover from 7.3 with two types of deadlifts, then I go to 7.4 with two types of squats AND step ups??? The design of this phase is weird!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Yep, this phase is HARD!

Our resort has a full weight room. Can't decide whether to do 7.4 or just wait until I'm home. I could definitely use the workout with all the crap I've eaten....
  • allikat819
    Options
    You're one tough chica if you brave 7.4 while on your vacation!

I have to admit, I kind of hate these workouts DURING them, but I'm so glad that I've done it afterwards!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    7.2 done today....quads were still KILLING me from 7.1 on Tuesday but I did it anyway. I didn't realize how hard this stage was going to be, so my timing is poor. I coincided finishing up NROL4W with the beginning of my marathon training program so for the next 3 weeks I'm stuck with these killer weight lifting routines plus running 25 miles a week. If my legs don't fall off it'll be a miracle!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I did not do 7.4. Probably hit it tomorrow.
    ebaymommy, you are incredible to be doing marathon training at the same time as this stage! I think you'll feel better after another workout or two. My legs didn't kill me after 7.3 like they did the first two workouts.