Week 6

Options
12346»

Replies

• HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 tonight and pretty excited. I couldn't believe I managed the 20 minute run, so looking forward to running for longer.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    YAY! Completed Day 3 of week 6 on Saturday.

I was supposed to be out on Day 1 Week 7 this morning, but I've had some bad stuff going on over the weekend and really didn't feel up to it. I'm going on a "gym date" with my best friend this evening so I can catch up, so I'm actually going to be running on a treadmill instead of up that mountain of a road! :smile:
  • Marglyne12
    Marglyne12 Posts: 26
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 on Thursday..::noway:
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I did day 2 of week 6 today. I'm still really struggling with my brain. I ran inside on the treadmill today. It was about 80 something degrees when I was ready to go but the humidity was 90% so it was stifling. Right now it is 93 degrees with a "feel like" temperature of 105. We do not get this kind of weather so it really cripples us. I was watching a movie while doing my workout this morning and still I kept thinking "how much longer", etc. I even had the timer blocked by the ipad! Physically, I did not feel like I was going to die (I could have gone longer for sure) but I just can't get the mental part down. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I did my Week 6, Day 3 (sort of) today. I was totally down yesterday....spent day being a lazy couch potato, blowing my nose constantly and too nauseous to even eat properly. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do more than walk today but.....instead of running 22 minutes, I ran 30 minutes and I exceeded a 2 mile run....both of which were goals of mine! I'm going to continue punching through my C25K app, but I'm going to try to run 30 minutes every day and hopefully get it so that I am doing a complete 5K during that time. Today, I used the treadmill so I might find it more challenging on the track and eventually (July) I want to do some on the road as well. I might have to give in and drive somewhere to do 2 miles on the road since I am surrounded by crazy hills (which I will someday be able to run!)
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2..I want to do this one outside. I have a 5 K on July 1st. Procrastinating right now.
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3.. I was 2 minutes shy of the 25 min run..so I will be doing it over on Thursday. It was not to bad..11:43 min miles. My goal was to run 2 miles and I did it..yeah me
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've got W6D3 tomorrow and I am not really looking forward to it after the struggle I had with D2 yesterday. The first ten minutes felt like a battle and the second ten were okay until the last two minutes... but then once I finished I could barely shuffle the rest of the way home. Felt totally exhausted.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Did week 6day 3. Distance sucked but I did it :)
  • Marglyne12
    Options
    Week 6 Complete. I added an extra interval so I could complete a 5K..39.59 was my time..slightly better than Mondays time 43.45..Starting Week 7 next week. I have my first 5K this Sunday.:happy: