Calling all Quiters ?

Options
patiencez2
patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
Just thought a thread to check in everyday would be nice. Don't know who started the group But what does everyone think?
Just want to support the ones who have quit> let us know how your doing and what day your on.

Replies

• Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I'm only an hour away from day 12. Cold turkey and I haven't had or asked for a single puff. The only time I even think about it any more is after dinner.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I'm only an hour away from day 12. Cold turkey and I haven't had or asked for a single puff. The only time I even think about it any more is after dinner.

Wow that is awesome!!! Great job!

I'm just starting day 6.... finally not craving as much when I drive but I do get urges after eating and when I'm bored. I'm using the patch, I'm definitely not brave enough to go cold turkey.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I am still so glad that I quit. I'm going to clean my car out this weekend, and wash out the ashtray. :bigsmile:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    For me it is day 15 and I was having a very bad day yesterday. I quit cold turkey and it was fine (really fine) for the first week. The last week I felt like I was starving. I'm always so hungry even though I eat exactly what I ate before . I have to have fruit or joghurt in the evening, I wouldn't survive without. I don't want to gain weight and I haven't....... but I don;'t want to feel hungry all the time either.
    The worst was last night (here in Ireland it';s 8.15AM) : I had a nightmare, dreaming I had a cigarette. I could even smell it in my dream and I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty. That feeling of guilt and stress made me wake up.
    Is that normal? I thought, the first week or so would be the worst and was convinced the craving for nicotine would be really bad. In fact it is the hunger and this f...n dream.
    Hugs for you all from a very tiered Barbara:yawn:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Just thought a thread to check in everyday would be nice. Don't know who started the group But what does everyone think?
    Just want to support the ones who have quit> let us know how your doing and what day your on.
    What a fantastic idea. That;'s exactly what I need right now.:flowerforyou:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I quit on July 28 2011 after smoking for 26 years. I feel like it's the greatest accomplishment of my life.

I'm doing pretty good on the cravings at this point. I really only want a cigarette when I am stressed and it feels like if I just smoke one it'll make everything better. I know it won't though.

I did go through the ravenous stage. I'm still not completely out of it yet. I really don't have any advice for that. I always felt like I was STARVING. I knew it wasn't real. It was my body mistaking the nicotine cravings for hunger, but knowing that didn't make it any easier. It's getting better with time.

I also hit a plateau. I've been at the same weight since I quit. I'm okay with that. I'd happily stay at the weight I am now if it means I never smoke again.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    One thing at a time ladies.....I think we are doing really well. Quitting smoking is more important than the weight loss right in my opinion. :wink:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    One thing at a time ladies.....I think we are doing really well. Quitting smoking is more important than the weight loss right in my opinion. :wink:
    YESSSSSSSSSSS, we are doing well. Hats off to us:bigsmile:
  • Shishkeberry
    Options

Yes, exactly! I have to keep reminding myself of that. Sure, being fat is no good for my health, but it's better than lung cancer or emphysema.

Today is day 14 for me!
  • patiencez2
    Options
    Sorry Guys had a lot to do during Thanksgiving, But see you are all doing great WTG!!
    I think this group is just what we all needed, Weight loss is very important, to be healthy,
    I must agree you need to get this nicotine monkey off your back first! Eat alot of fruit, drink a lot off water,
    walk all this helps,
    Keep up the good work I am cheering for all of you!!!

7 months smoke Free!!!
  • patiencez2
    Options
    Just checking in this morning :) Hope all have a smoke free day!

Still cheering for you
  • Shishkeberry
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today is day 17 for me!
  • patiencez2
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today is day 17 for me!

Great Job You go Girl!
  • Shishkeberry
    Options
    Thanks! How is everyone doing with their quit today? Mine is rolling right along :bigsmile:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Am doing great on my 22nd day.
    Bad dreams (smoking in my dreams): gone
    Cravings: only once or twice a day, sometimes I don't even think about it for a whole day

What I find strange: I was expecting kind of non-smokers-cough so many people are talking about. This coughing that indicates your lungs are getting rid of all the tar. I don't have that. I don't cough at all which, in a way, is fab, but don't my lungs have to get rid of the tar ?
  • Shishkeberry
    Options
    What I find strange: I was expecting kind of non-smokers-cough so many people are talking about. This coughing that indicates your lungs are getting rid of all the tar. I don't have that. I don't cough at all which, in a way, is fab, but don't my lungs have to get rid of the tar ?

I'm experiencing the same. No cough and I'm not hacking anything up.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    well, if you experience the same....then it;s normal, I guess :happy:
    I thought after more than 36 years I would have enough tar to get the lane to our house done :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same. No cough and I'm not hacking anything up.

It might take a while for all the crud to break up enough to start coughing it out. I've had about 6 or so attempted quits, sometimes I would cough... other times it would be a couple months before the coughing starts.

Currently on day 15 and still trucking along strongly. Had another smoking dream last night where I thought I could get away with "just one" and I felt so disgusted smoking it... I felt how awful it was making my body feel (my stomach started turning and it was making me gag a little). I admit I do kinda like those dreams, because when I wake up I remember how it felt and I don't want to do that to my body.
  • Shishkeberry
    Options
    well, if you experience the same....then it;s normal, I guess :happy:
    I thought after more than 36 years I would have enough tar to get the lane to our house done :laugh:

:laugh: I only smoked for 14 years and this is the longest I have ever quit. This is all new to me.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Ok, girls, I've decided NOT to wait for the coughing (not having the lane done:wink: ) but to pull through. Even though I have these awful dreams,too. Not very often though. I am still glad I quit and I think we can be so absolutely proud of ourselves!!!!!!!!!
    Am sending you a glass of champagne to celebrate our success :drinker: