Weekly weigh-ins

Options
FaugHorn
FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
Hey :) Thought the thread in the Message Boards may end up filling up or it's difficult to sift through for everything so thought I'd start a thread to just post how we're doing with the weigh-ins so we can help keep each other motivated!

Starting weight 159
11/21 weigh-in 156

Goal weight in eight weeks 147

Hooray :)

Replies

• this14now
    this14now Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Started: 164
    Last week: 163
    This week: 162

A pound a week.... At least it is something I suppose! Looking on the bright side, bc I am still headed down on the scale.
  • DBTFW
    DBTFW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
    SW: 233
    Wk1 weigh in: 230.8 (-2.2)

8 wk GW: 223
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks for this.

I have been up and down during the week. Just haven't had the motivation to get out there and run. I used to run all through high school and it seems like it's a burden for me. There are days that I am roaring to go, but lately it's been eh, I'll do it another day. I do try to workout with the Biggest Loser on the Wii, but exercising in general has been not so good for me.

Anyone else having this problem? How do you psyche yourself into a workout?
  • bella529
    bella529 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good news!! Didn't gain any weight.
    Not so good news - didn't lose any either.
    My diet was not the best and I didn't get much exercise last week. Working on changing both of those and so far so good!

10834215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Karebearninja
    Karebearninja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there gang!

Last week I was 213.8.
    This Monday I was 209.8!

I also have been having trouble getting motivated. I work from 10-7 and usually try to go to the 7:45 class at the LA Boxing near me. Sometimes though, depending on how work was that day, I just want to go home and relax. I say I'll do something at home, but I end up on the couch watching cooking shows. Thanks to Faughorn for giving me something to motivate me at least until March. 8-)
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    Started at 248.8
    last week I was down to 240.8
    Now I'm 238.0! So another -2lbs this week. I'm hoping for a big number next weekend but I know thanksgiving might throw me for a loop. I'm not the one putting it on and where I'm going has just about the best tasting food ever. I think it might be different this year though as I'm so used to 'clean' food now. Wish me luck :/
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    I'm 50% of the time going to talk myself out of working out...still, that's me working out 50% more than I used to! I'm pretty lucky and have a treadmill and a rowing machine in the basement and am about 1/2 block from the local bike/running trail so usually I can force myself to at least watch a show or two on the tv while walking on the treadmill. I guess the best thing about exercise is that as long as you MOVE or do SOMETHING, you're doing wonderful things for yourself! It doesn't always have to be 30DS or P90X, it can just be a relaxing walk with the dog or an extreme cleaning mission :)
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    I completely agree. I am on my feet at work (Eddie Bauer) so this is my way of exercising. I try to do some strength training by working on my flabby arms. lol. But that's a good way of putting it, that we are moving around instead of sitting on our keesters.
  • Carrie704
    Options
    Well, Thanksgiving got the best of me.. time to get to work!!!!

SW 121
    (11/20) 120.2
    (11/27) 121.4

GW 118
  • beccahansen
    Options
    Happy Sunday Weigh-In, All!

SW:199.4
    (11/20): 195.6
    (11/27) 194.6

-1 lb Not bad considering it was Thanksgiving :)
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's Sunday again! I must be crazy to actually want to weigh in :)

Ok

SW: 220
    Last week: 214.6
    This week: 208.6

My goal weight was 208 but guess I better change it.....I was ONEderland baby!
    New goal weight: 195lbs
    It probably helps that I live in canada and Thanksgiving was a long time ago!
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    I am ashamed, but it happens to everyone. I only exercised 1 day. And for that I get a 2 lb gain. Boo. Time to get my butt in gear.

11/27: 217
    GW changing to 210
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am ashamed, but it happens to everyone. I only exercised 1 day. And for that I get a 2 lb gain. Boo. Time to get my butt in gear.

11/27: 217
    GW changing to 210

It does happen to everyone! Next week will be better! I have faith in you!
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Positive - ran a 4 miler Gobble Gobble on Thanksgiving morning
    Negative - gained 2lbs over the week

Only one week until my trip to Mexico where I will have NO internet access...really looking forward to the silence except for my inability to log-in to MFP
  • bella529
    bella529 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight 11/20/11 - 213
    Weight 11/27/11 - 214.6

Looks like Thanksgiving won this round. Back to the beginning. Started today with a healthy breakfast and 2 cups of water.

10834215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

By the way - does anyone do Zumba? do you classify it as dance or something else?
  • DBTFW
    DBTFW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SW: 233
    11/21: 230.8 (-2.2)
    11/28: 229.0 (-1.8)

8 wk GW: 223

I was actually down a lb more right before Thanksgiving, but the long weekend was a bit rough, even though I didn't eat nearly as much as in years past. Plus, I worked out twice a day for both Thanksgiving dinners I went to.

Back on track this week, though.
  • this14now
    Options
    11/28/2011: 162

No weight loss but no weight gain either. Here is to pushing it this week!!
  • this14now
    Options
    11/28/2011: 162

No weight loss but no weight gain either. Here is to pushing it this week!!
  • Karebearninja
    Karebearninja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Nothing gained, but nothing lost. Thanksgiving weekend was rough. My mom sent me home with more leftovers than you can imagine, plus a whole chocolate cream pie! I mostly stuck to my guns, but really?! a whole pie? I had a piece and it was delicious, I gave the rest to the man to bring to work. 8-)

Have a happy Monday!
    Kerry
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Positive - ran a 4 miler Gobble Gobble on Thanksgiving morning
    Negative - gained 2lbs over the week

Only one week until my trip to Mexico where I will have NO internet access...really looking forward to the silence except for my inability to log-in to MFP

Ok, well apparently my weigh-in yesterday must've included a ton of water or something. I'm at 155.2 as of this morning so no gain and even a loss after Thanksgiving!

Starting weight 159
    11/21 weigh-in 156
    11/29 weigh-in 155.2

Goal weight in eight weeks 147