Workout Buddies - Gyms

Options
Where do you workout?

I was just thinking, if anyone was interested in a workout buddy - this would be a great post to pair you up with someone who may already be working out where you are doing the same.

Replies

• deannarey13
    Options
    I workout at the YMCA. I can/have used the Burnsville, Prior Lake and/or Southdale locations.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I workout at the YMCA. I can/have used the Burnsville, Prior Lake and/or Southdale locations.

I live really close to the Southdale YMCA. How much is it to use the facilities? When I am at home I use the gym in my building, but it would be nice to try somewhere else.
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    I work out at the Lifetime Fitness in Highland Park- St Paul. I usually go during the day.
  • deannarey13
    Options

I live really close to the Southdale YMCA. How much is it to use the facilities? When I am at home I use the gym in my building, but it would be nice to try somewhere else.

You can get the pricing infomation online. ymca.twincities.org. It depends on how many people on the membership, discounts available, ect.

I absolutely love the Y though.It has everything that I need and then more. Tons of cardio equipment, great strength training equipment, many classes with flexible schedules, swimming, sports ect.

I actually work really close to that location, so I go there either before or after work - could even do a lunch workout.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am at Workout World in St. Cloud. I used to go to the Y but like WOW better. They have a separate room for women which is nice some days. Lots of machines. I never have to wait. Lots of classes but no pool, or ball courts or track.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I workout at the LA Fitness in Uptown or in Hopkins.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    I am at Workout World in St. Cloud. I used to go to the Y but like WOW better. They have a separate room for women which is nice some days. Lots of machines. I never have to wait. Lots of classes but no pool, or ball courts or track.

Hello Hoppy!! I too work out at WOW in St. Cloud, I love the womens room!
  • woodsk67
    Options
    Lifetime in Lakeville for me
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Im west so Golds Gym in Buffalo
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I'm a Bally's refugee (Bally's clubs were bought out by LA Fitness), and my gym location in Fridley closes for good tomorrow evening, so I signed up for 18 months at the LA Fitness in New Brighton. The biggest difference at LA Fitness is all equipment there is in working condition, and the locker rooms are clean! At Bally's, I always had to worry about losing my stuff down the rusty hole that was at the bottom of every locker.
  • dianemhughes
    dianemhughes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness either by Northtown (by home) or in Brooklyn Park (by work).
  • mdakota
    Options
    I usually workout at the Blaine's, Gold's Gym in the early mornings, around 6:30am or 7:30am for about an hour or more. I am going to be in the pool a lot now.
  • sarahthecamper
    sarahthecamper Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Crosstown in Eden Prairie. I need partners for tennis, racquetball and strength training!
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm a Bally's refugee (Bally's clubs were bought out by LA Fitness), and my gym location in Fridley closes for good tomorrow evening, so I signed up for 18 months at the LA Fitness in New Brighton. The biggest difference at LA Fitness is all equipment there is in working condition, and the locker rooms are clean! At Bally's, I always had to worry about losing my stuff down the rusty hole that was at the bottom of every locker.

Woah, I'm in New Brighton, too! You might see me working out there sometime...I'll be the tired-looking, sweaty fat guy. lol
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Golds Gym in Blaine! I usually go at night after the kids go to bed
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Snap in Eagan by cub foods off of Cliff.
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Snap in Eagan by cub foods off of Cliff.

My husband goes there. What do you think of it? I'm thinking about joining...
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    So far, I'm liking the New Brighton LA Fitness for their variety of weight machines, yoga classes, and the large number of treadmills, but one thing I miss about Bally's is their flaky heating system that would leave the cardio equipment room at about 60 degrees during the winter. I like to run in 50 degree temps., so that was a lot closer to what's comfortable for me. Everywhere in LA Fitness feels like an even 70 degrees, and I don't like to sweat so much. LOL. Since our weather has turned colder and more typically Minnesota Winter, I'm relying more on the treadmill, so I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.

One of these days, I'll check out a couple of the other locations and classes. Roseville and Blaine are reasonably close, too.
    Woah, I'm in New Brighton, too! You might see me working out there sometime...I'll be the tired-looking, sweaty fat guy. lol
    rjmwx81, if I see you there, I'll introduce myself.
  • KenMonson
    KenMonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Split my time between the fitness center where I work and the Y in Eagan.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LizFo - I usually use the treadmill and the elliptical. They have personal trainers but I can't afford that. If you get a membership you get access to snapfitness.com and can develop your own weight workout as well. I like it, but think I would like it better if I had someone to workout with. They do have a 2 week free membership if you want to try it out first. The only thing I don't like is there are not an classes to take which is a nice change-up from just the machines. I was thinking about joining another gym, but that would require me driving somewhere when snap is walking distance (especially when it is not cold). Let me know if you join. Maybe we can help each other out in the motivation piece.:smile: