Workout Buddies - Gyms

Options

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I workout out at Bally's (LA Fitness) in Little Canada. Anyone else?
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    YMCA Southdale. There's a special right now for $12 enrollment through the end of January.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So far, I'm liking the New Brighton LA Fitness for their variety of weight machines, yoga classes, and the large number of treadmills, but one thing I miss about Bally's is their flaky heating system that would leave the cardio equipment room at about 60 degrees during the winter. I like to run in 50 degree temps., so that was a lot closer to what's comfortable for me. Everywhere in LA Fitness feels like an even 70 degrees, and I don't like to sweat so much. LOL. Since our weather has turned colder and more typically Minnesota Winter, I'm relying more on the treadmill, so I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.

One of these days, I'll check out a couple of the other locations and classes. Roseville and Blaine are reasonably close, too.
    Woah, I'm in New Brighton, too! You might see me working out there sometime...I'll be the tired-looking, sweaty fat guy. lol
    rjmwx81, if I see you there, I'll introduce myself.

If you've been to one LA Fitness, you've been to them all. They're remarkably similar in terms of size, amount of equipment, and temperature. The only one I've been to that's remotely different is the Lake Street location, which doesn't have a pool or hot tub because it's on the second floor of that shopping area. I suppose the class schedules are different, too, but I don't really do classes very often.
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I workout out at Bally's (LA Fitness) in Little Canada. Anyone else?

I haven't been to that Bally's location for a couple years, but I'm glad LA Fitness is keeping it open. They're really lacking gym locations on the East side.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    General Mills MGO, corporate gym. Prefer lifting alone but am ALWAYS willing to spot/help/etc. Although I doubt anyone else on here works out there...
  • alimarieban
    Options
    I'm a Bally's refugee (Bally's clubs were bought out by LA Fitness), and my gym location in Fridley closes for good tomorrow evening, so I signed up for 18 months at the LA Fitness in New Brighton. The biggest difference at LA Fitness is all equipment there is in working condition, and the locker rooms are clean! At Bally's, I always had to worry about losing my stuff down the rusty hole that was at the bottom of every locker.

I didn't know they closed that!? I drive by it everyday! That's too bad!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I'm a Bally's refugee (Bally's clubs were bought out by LA Fitness), and my gym location in Fridley closes for good tomorrow evening, so I signed up for 18 months at the LA Fitness in New Brighton. The biggest difference at LA Fitness is all equipment there is in working condition, and the locker rooms are clean! At Bally's, I always had to worry about losing my stuff down the rusty hole that was at the bottom of every locker.

I didn't know they closed that!? I drive by it everyday! That's too bad!

Yeah, it's really too bad for the people who bought lifetime memberships to Bally's. LA Fitness isn't honoring those memberships, which isn't surprising, but I think they should have given those people a couple months free membership so they could have some time to decide if they want to start up a plan with the new gym.
  • orienteer
    Options
    I workout in city of Minnetonka Williston gym. I could also use a buddy once in a while for jogging, swimming or weights or playdate with kids in a tree house or splash pad. Let me know.
  • prettyboy1975
    Options
    I workout at the Community Center in Monticello. If anyone is in the Monticello area, I would be happy to be your workout buddy.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can be found working out at Park Avenue Fitness in Cloquet, MN. It seems that the northern part of the state is not well represented here!
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I workout in city of Minnetonka Williston gym. I could also use a buddy once in a while for jogging, swimming or weights or playdate with kids in a tree house or splash pad. Let me know.

How do you like it? I had a trial at Lifetime, but i thought about going to Williston, didn't know much about it only lived here since June. It's super close though... and cheaper I think.. I couldn't figure it out
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I can be found working out at Park Avenue Fitness in Cloquet, MN. It seems that the northern part of the state is not well represented here!

yay! Somebody from up North!! I work out at the Miller Dwan fitness center in Duluth. Used to work out at the Duluth Y, but switched while working for Essentia. Love the fitness classes and the instructors!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options

yay! Somebody from up North!! I work out at the Miller Dwan fitness center in Duluth. Used to work out at the Duluth Y, but switched while working for Essentia. Love the fitness classes and the instructors!

I love your commitment!! Driving to Duluth to work out can be a challenge during the winter (normal winters, anyways)! But then, finding classes and instructors you like can be a great incentive. I had a trainer who I adored, but he quit training :( I have found a good replacement, though, so I can't complain!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I'm at the Y in Fargo since they haven't built our one in Moorhead yet...stupid Sanford.

anyone can join me that wants to drive up here!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I work out at Gold's Gym in Woodbury, say hi if you see me.
  • deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm at the Midtown YWCA in Minneapolis most days. I love the good that the organization does in the community, and the classes are great. I'm also a fan of the sauna in the locker room.

I'd love to be able to bump into more friendly faces there if any of you are members.
  • auoricwings
    Options
    I dont do gyms (golds gym screwed me over). So I'm creating a workout group at my school. Going to start out with different DVD work outs such as slim in 6, insanity work out, Brazilian butt lift and possibly some others at my school in Blaine. So if anyone is interested, please let me know!
  • deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some people hereon MFP swear by the 30-day Shred if you want to add something else to your arsenal.
  • JennaClaire520
    JennaClaire520 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness at Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Savage, and sometimes Lakeville.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    There is no Wisconsin group, but MN is right next door, plus I was raised in MN. Anyways, I currently workout on the UWRF campus in River Falls, WI as I am a student. Looking to getting a summer membership at the campus gym!