sweeteners

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey Ms skinny-pigeon where do you buy the coconut sugar?

I have tried almost all the sweetner alternatives and I just don't like most of them...the only one I like is Stevia and trust me I have tried almost every brand of Stevia and most I don't like either...too many additives etc. Teh only Stevia I like is directly from Bolivia. I have friends from there and they have used in that country for centuries. Taste soooooo much better then the ones we have here in US. I used to get a comprable on by KAL but I do believe they changed their formula becasue it tastes awful now.

I don't like xylitol, sucanant, agave or raw sugar. I guess all depends on the palate.

I buy it in the bulk bin at whole foods, you can also find it at some Sprouts stores, if you have them in your area. I am hoping it becomes more well known, because it is so delicious!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a natural sweetener with 0 calories, Truvia is your best bet. It doesn't have an after taste like Stevia and these come from the Stevia plant.
    Sugar is sugar regardless of what form it is. Our bodies don't need sugar except from fruit which already contains natural sugar. It is possible to get over and sweet cravings, but that's a personal choice.
    Tosca Reno goes into great depth on how awful table sugar is for you. You can't be too sure about any sugar, but keeping it in moderation is your best bet.