Starting phase 1

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
So today is day 1 for me, I thought I would start a new thread for each phase and anyone in phase 1 is welcome to join. This week the workouts should be ok, I mean, I should have time for all Sun-Wed in the evening.
For food, I am going to do make turkey muffins and egg cups tonight and serve the turkey muffins like meatloaf for dinner tonight, eggs in the morning, greek yogurt and pumpkin bars for snacks...
Big challenge is avoiding alcohol and sweets.
I do have some thanksgiving leftovers, so my diet will not be perfect this week...

Replies

• season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just started the second week of the trainer! I did have some rum and diet cokes yesterday and today, but today my calories were still in range. I am a big believer in cheat days so I did that yesterday! I did chest and tridceps again today and am really struggling with the push ups. My right wrist is really acting up (I have tendonitis from an old car wreck) and even though I use the push up bars I am still not at 100% but thats ok at least I am still doing them! Well day 2 of week 2 tomorrow, I will make sure my diet is better : )
  • amysj303
    Options
    I just got back from the gym, day one went pretty quick. I cannot do those close pushups. I manage about 5.
    Also, I just had a salad with some leftover turkey for dinner. But, I made pumpkin bars and custless quiche in the oven, shopped and have greek yogurt for snack and making monster meatloaf for dinner tomorrow!
  • season1980
    Options
    I just got back from the gym, day one went pretty quick. I cannot do those close pushups. I manage about 5.
    Also, I just had a salad with some leftover turkey for dinner. But, I made pumpkin bars and custless quiche in the oven, shopped and have greek yogurt for snack and making monster meatloaf for dinner tomorrow!

Last week on the Narrow pushups I only did 7 the first round.....after that I could not do any more as my arms were toast! This week I managed 9 the first round and 5 the second and none the 3rd so there was at least some improvedment. I am hoping that if I can get my wrist healed they will get better!
  • amysj303
    Options
    yikes, I am sore today! The pumpkin bars turned out good, I had one for breakfast, and haven't tried my eggs yet, better get to it. After the Thanksgiving holiday I am just not hungry but I know she wants me to eat.
    I did get my flaxseed and multi-vit.
    Got my gym bag for day 2!
    Do you use a protein powder? BCAAs? I have a GNC Protein powder I like, but it has sucrolose which they are saying is bad, but I am going to finish up both bags before I think about trying something new.
  • season1980
    Options
    I use Iso Pure Whey Protein Powder, I like the vanilla and cookies n cream then I put 2 tbsp of sugar free chocolate syrup to make it more tasty and mix w/12 oz of milk, and it has the BCAA's already in it, not sure if it has sucralose or not I will have to check that out!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 2 down, I thought the work out was ok but the gym was so crowded! I feel a little silly doing that preacher curl with my 6 lb weight, but oh well.
    Meatloaf is in the oven!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym for P1D3 this morning (I started sunday since I'll be out of town thursday-fri-sat-sun) and it didn't feel so bad but I am still sore from yesterday's workout!! We didn't have a seated calf raise machine, so I did those with dumbbells but it felt weird, just too easy, so I am not sure I am doing those correctly? I might have to look at other options!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I do Day 3 tonight, I will be glad to give upper body a break, I am so sore!!
    My eating was pretty good yesterday. I wasn't even tempted by all the treats at work because I ate so much all weekend.
    I was tempted by the fridge full of beer, but I did not have any.
    I put my cals on maintenance and do track, even though she doesn't require it, it's just reassuring to me to see that when I make good choices I rarely go over maintenance.
  • fitforlife20
    fitforlife20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank your for starting the group here and adding me! It is much appreciated. I just completed Phase 1 for the second time. For those that might be struggling, it gets easier. The second time was much smoother than the first. Good luck!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, what kind of results did you see the first time?
    Today I was pretty good with the eating, had a little leftover pie and protein was low, but definitely better than usual and I have refused so junk at work the last two days.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I finished Day 4. I did drink last night, I kept it to red wine and ordered the surf and turf with vegetables so that was an ok choice. I am not hungry today, I know I should eat but it's hard, and no workouts til Sunday!
    I am so sore, that muscle around my knees, I don't even know what that is! Shoulders and abs seem ok. I worked out at home because I have hand weights but no stability ball, so I just did crunches with my arms extended. The bicycles kill me...
  • season1980
    Options
    I just finished day 9 yesterday! I will start week 3 on sunday.....yay!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I made a pretty tasty kunk pao chicken for dinner. Glad to have a day of rest. I am still so sore. I should be ready to go again on Sunday.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in Phase II but I loved Phase I so I wanted to stop by and wish good luck to you all! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 8 today! the workouts have been easy enough to stick with, but the food is so hard for me on the weekends!
  • season1980
    Options
    I am starting my first day of week 3 today!! I have done really well with the workouts but diet has been an issue esp on weekends.....so time to buckle down and keep it right!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Me too, Season! I just look at my options for dinner and I don't want anything, like I am tired of chicken! Today I forgot lunch but I had some butternut squash soup, not that it is bad, but doesn't have the protein and nutrients of the meal plan. Tomorrow I will have leftovers from dinner but Thursday will be tough because I have an office potluck for lunch and DH's office Christmas party at this nice italian place. I saw the menu too, and there is chicken marsala, which could be ok, and tilapia, which is also ok-but there is dessert and wine too.
    Let me know how week 3 is going! I saw that's where the workout schedule changes-are the exercises still the same?
  • season1980
    Options
    Me too, Season! I just look at my options for dinner and I don't want anything, like I am tired of chicken! Today I forgot lunch but I had some butternut squash soup, not that it is bad, but doesn't have the protein and nutrients of the meal plan. Tomorrow I will have leftovers from dinner but Thursday will be tough because I have an office potluck for lunch and DH's office Christmas party at this nice italian place. I saw the menu too, and there is chicken marsala, which could be ok, and tilapia, which is also ok-but there is dessert and wine too.
    Let me know how week 3 is going! I saw that's where the workout schedule changes-are the exercises still the same?

The workout split does change and it adds in new exercises which is nice that way it doesnt get boring! Also you increase the wt and drop the reps down to 10 rather than 12 so you are lifting heavier!
  • amysj303
    Options
    done with Day 11. Now resting til Sunday. I was not nearly as sore this week even though I used the same weights in most cases. I must be getting stronger, I will have to really challenge myself for the rest of the month.
    It is hard to eat enough of the right stuff. I want to feed the muscles but I have been in a deficit mentality for so long. plus, all the social eating makes it hard to stick to the approved foods list...
  • amysj303
    Options
    Started the third week with Day 15 yesterday. I have some good meals planned for the week. I got a london broil so I could make fajitas or stir fry tonight.
    I am going to redouble my efforts in no carbs three hours before bed.