Starting phase 1

Options
2»

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Started the third week with Day 15 yesterday. I have some good meals planned for the week. I got a london broil so I could make fajitas or stir fry tonight.
    I am going to redouble my efforts in no carbs three hours before bed.

I also started yesterday! Day 15 and Day 16 (went to the gym before work) workouts are done!
    Those legs workouts are really something, I am not sore today but I KNOW I will be tomorrow!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yeah, sometimes it is worse the second day!
  • amysj303
    Options
    well, last night I seemed to think I could do my workout at home, but I did day 19 instead of 17, so I think I'll be fine if I do 17 on thursday. Legs are on today, and I am still sore from Sunday!
    Last night was ok on carbs before bed, but the night before I caved and had some chocolate.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Did legs last night, Day 18, and I think I am going to do tonight's workout tomorrow.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    Did legs last night, Day 18, and I think I am going to do tonight's workout tomorrow.

I couldn't do legs yesterday! :-(
    The gym was so packed so I didn't have access to the squat rack. I decided to do Legs/Biceps again instead of legs since I'm looking for more definition there, also.

I can't make it to the gym so Delt/abs will also have to wait until tomorrow for me. The Roman chair leg raises scare me!! I've never tried those... !
  • amysj303
    Options
    so I will do Day 17's workout, chest and triceps, gym should be pretty quiet on a Friday night.
    I am dreading the new year when the gym will be so crazy busy! I might have to adjust my schedule...
    Only one more week of Phase 1!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Just finished Day 22 and started week 4, last week of phase one. I felt like I got a little stronger, but not a lot.
    This week might be hard with diet and exercise, but I don't know. I might take off tomorrow and do Friday. Not sure.
    there is a luncheon at this pasta place, I don't think there will be any approved foods there.
    I did only drink two days last week, so that was good.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    Congrats on finishing Phase 1!!
    I really do not want january to come; it'll always be packed at the gym... probably until february or something :-(
    Might have to go back to working out in the morning.

Day 22 tomorrow!! Phase 1, week 4!! :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    not yet, I am on day 23-so not that far ahead of you!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 23 was a rest day, so I think I will just do the workouts as scheduled but not rest on Friday. I will probably rest Saturday and Sunday, though, and try and get started with phase 2 (and day 29) on Monday-back and cardio, but we will still be visiting family for Christmas so I might have to pick a more home-workout-friendly option.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 25, well, Day 26 but I am doing Day 25 workout and then day 26 workout tomorrow instead of rest.
    Yesterday I couldn't really do approved foods list and I felt a little sick for it!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Crystal.:flowerforyou:
    Is there anyone who is just starting phase 1 out there???
    Tomorrow will be my first day! I will give feed back.
  • amysj303
    Options
    hey, Crystal, I just emailed you about this group, I guess you found it!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Day 1 for me- I hear ya on the push ups. I struggled with those tonight too! Did you end up getting through those and being able to eventually do them?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Oh....this is your group!
    Yes, I found it, thank you.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I still can't do pushups! I do them girls style:grumble:
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Omg...these push ups are killer!!!

Someone suggested to me starting on my toes, just doing even 1-2 real ones if I can, than dropping to my knees. So I tried that yesterday and it actually worked!! I couldn't believe I got in about 5 real ones for each repetition of 12 I did.
    Also, even the rest of the ones I did (girly) were easier too!
    One of my mini goals with all of this is to get these push ups down...

I know it's stupid but they are so embarrassing to do at the gym because I can barley do them, I look SO stupid lol! But I know that doesn't matter.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I was doing my girly-style pushups next to a guy who was doing pushups on a medicine ball, he had one hand on the ball, one on the floor, push up, then put the hand on the floor on the ball and hand on the ball on the floor and did another pushup, like he was trying to make me look bad!
    I think I should keep trying to do pushups, your idea is a good one. I usually try a couple of real ones and then finish on my knees, but maybe I will try alternating.
    I feel like with 30 Day Shred I was able to get to do regular pushups but now I am not able to?!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Haha...
    You make me feel better...That guy was definitely showing off...
    You tried 30 day Shred, what's that one all about? Did you find real results with that?