December Challenge

Options
This is going to be simple, do what you do that challenges yourself and write it here... You should be challenging yourself on a daily basis. I over trying to get ideas and workout routines, I will stick with mine and hope that you all can join in this and we can movitate and support each other to go further and push harder and make those goals happen.

Replies

• BellaBones
    Options
    Today I will do 60 reps of 4 arm toning exercises. I will skate for 2 hours. I will make an effort to eat three balanced meals and drink plenty of water. I will not be tempted by treats.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    I hate running. I'm horrible at it. For December...I'm going to overcome my fear of it and push through my mental block. To start: Today I"m going to get my *kitten* on the treadmill (since it's now snowing outside...yuck) and I"m going to do MINIMUM 30 minutes of walking incline and jogging as much as I can. Yahoo!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Today I will do 60 reps of 4 arm toning exercises. I will skate for 2 hours. I will make an effort to eat three balanced meals and drink plenty of water. I will not be tempted by treats.

You can do it girl. Good luck!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    I hate running. I'm horrible at it. For December...I'm going to overcome my fear of it and push through my mental block. To start: Today I"m going to get my *kitten* on the treadmill (since it's now snowing outside...yuck) and I"m going to do MINIMUM 30 minutes of walking incline and jogging as much as I can. Yahoo!

Alright I did it. 40 minutes, at 3.5 mph at 5.5 incline. I feel good, but I know I can step it up next workout.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Alright I did it. 40 minutes, at 3.5 mph at 5.5 incline. I feel good, but I know I can step it up next workout.

YAY, let us know how the next one goes :)
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Staying on top of things here. No Junk food at all yesterday. Drank my water, did not get to the arms, but did skate for an hour. I will be working out my upper body and core today. With skating at the end of the night.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Staying on top of things here. No Junk food at all yesterday. Drank my water, did not get to the arms, but did skate for an hour. I will be working out my upper body and core today. With skating at the end of the night.

Good luck girl! Keep us updated for sure.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Thanks , did my arms today!!!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Alright I was back on the treadmill today. I uppped the incline to 6.5 and kept between 3.0 and 3.3 mph. I did thirty minutes of that. I even tried the elliptical today (however I made it five minutes before I felt like my legs were going to give out.)

So tomorrow is strength training. I'll work in some cardio if it's not too snowy outside.

Sunday will be a big cardio day. I think I'll take another crack at the elliptical...see if I can make it six minutes! (oh goodness I'm pathetic.)
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Today my knee is not in good shape, I will be doing some upper body workout and some stretching. I also want to try to focus on exercising during the weekends. That is my breaktime usually, but if I can get one solid workout in, that would rock! I do realize you need a day of rest and I am fine with that, but 6 days of working out will be great. And an extra push to help those holiday pounds not stay on!!!!
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Alright I was back on the treadmill today. I uppped the incline to 6.5 and kept between 3.0 and 3.3 mph. I did thirty minutes of that. I even tried the elliptical today (however I made it five minutes before I felt like my legs were going to give out.)

So tomorrow is strength training. I'll work in some cardio if it's not too snowy outside.

Sunday will be a big cardio day. I think I'll take another crack at the elliptical...see if I can make it six minutes! (oh goodness I'm pathetic.)

Hopefully you were able to get your cardio in! Good luck!!!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options

Hopefully you were able to get your cardio in! Good luck!!!

Thanks! I was able to get a little in. Though definitely not as much as I would have liked. Tonight though I did strength training and my legs are mush. it feels good to have worked.

How're you holding up? How's the knee?
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Knee is better today, shoulder started hurting though, but put some heat on it and is feeling better. Going skating tonight and just going to do my abs, do not want to over work the knee that is feeling better. Want to be ready for derby practice on Thursday!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Most definitely! Rest up and I hope you feel better soon, that way you can kick *kitten* on Thursday.

Tonight I'm doing a fifteen minute warm up on the treadmill. Walking/running. Then finishing it off with 30 minutes on bike.

I had a NSV at work today as well. One of my good friends and co-workers (who is partially my inspiration for working out...she's a climber, super athletic) said I looked skinny. Me? Skinny? No way. It was awesome. Even more motivation to pound it out at the gym tonight. Let us know how your skating session goes!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Ok I'm so proud of myself I had to get on here right away. Not only did I improve my 12 mile bike time by a whole four minutes, today i was able to bust out 10 minutes on the elliptical, and I could of kept going!!! Now I know this might not seem like a huge deal, but just last week I was barely able to stumble my way through 5 minutes straight on there...and I mean I was dragging. Today I felt and feel AWESOME! Yahooooooo!!!!!
  • jakmorrison
    Options
    Don't you just love when you get done with your workout and you feel awesome instead of totally burned, that's awesome! Congrats.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Ok I'm so proud of myself I had to get on here right away. Not only did I improve my 12 mile bike time by a whole four minutes, today i was able to bust out 10 minutes on the elliptical, and I could of kept going!!! Now I know this might not seem like a huge deal, but just last week I was barely able to stumble my way through 5 minutes straight on there...and I mean I was dragging. Today I felt and feel AWESOME! Yahooooooo!!!!!

Kill it :) You are doing great, maybe by next week you will be up to 20 minutes on the machine and 5 minutes down on the bike. :) That is awesome. I did great skating last night, 1.5 hours about 1 hour of straight skate. :)
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Yay I love this more people replying and putting theor thoughts in and adding the support we all need. This is great! Now if only more people can tell us what they are doing and get our lovely support!!! I think we rock socks !!!

Anywho, did my 1 hour of skating... endurance style, jam style, broke out a huge sweat and it was really cold so I know I was working my booty off, literally!!!

Today I am going to work my arms and core and then do some xmas decorating and house cleaning. No skating or endurance, but the housework and decorating should help out.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    [/quote]

Kill it :) You are doing great, maybe by next week you will be up to 20 minutes on the machine and 5 minutes down on the bike. :) That is awesome. I did great skating last night, 1.5 hours about 1 hour of straight skate. :)
    [/quote]

Heck yeah girl! I upped my elliptical time to 35 minutes and did another 30 on bike. I didn't cut my time at all, but I upped my cardio workout and I feel great! I think I'm a lot stronger than I originally though. Chee hee!!!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Yay I love this more people replying and putting theor thoughts in and adding the support we all need. This is great! Now if only more people can tell us what they are doing and get our lovely support!!! I think we rock socks !!!

Anywho, did my 1 hour of skating... endurance style, jam style, broke out a huge sweat and it was really cold so I know I was working my booty off, literally!!!

Today I am going to work my arms and core and then do some xmas decorating and house cleaning. No skating or endurance, but the housework and decorating should help out.

I agree! The more people the better! I love the enthusiasm and the support. It's so nice to have people in your corner.

Good job on the skating! Make sure you drink lots of water to make up for all you sweat out. :) and housework and decorating can be an excellent little workout. It's stimulating for the body and mind, and when you're done your place will look pretty.

Good work team! We're killing it!!!