Introduction

Options
Here is a place to introduce yourself and tell me why you are here!
What kind of goals do you have?
Who pushes you?

BL

Replies

• Hi everyone! This is my first challenge so I'm really looking for this to help keep my motivated in a variety of ways. Plus I don't like to lose! As far as goals...my boys will be 3 1/2 years old by summer and they already love the water. So I thought this was fitting in a way. For one I want to be able to keep up with them and then also not think twice about what to wear or what I look like. My boys, along with my MFP friends, are what pushes me and keeps me going.

Good luck to everyone!!!

- Todd
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm David (DaddioCoolCat) and I have avoided bathing suits for quite a few years now. Its time to take the plunge! I've lost over 100 lbs so far and have another 40 or so to go.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Hello. This is also my first challenge. I am here to get my motivation going again. My goals for 2012 is to get to my goal weight by this time next year!! No one really pushes me, that is why I want to get into this challenge. To challenge myself and to challenge everyone else!!

Good luck everyone!!

Melanie
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I need this kick in the butt! I started here last January and lost 40 lbs by April. Then had a bad experience and gained it all back. I haven't been able to get my mojo back! I have to get this weight off for my health and happiness. Bring it!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    My name is Meaghan and my goal is to lose, in total, 143lb. I am 70lb down since my daughter was born in March. Originally my goal was to get to prepreg weight by her first birthday but I was stuck in a plateau for about a month and a half so I'm a little behind on my own schedule. She's 9 months old and seems to be a little ahead of herself, she crawled early and she's now starting to try and walk. I want to have the energy I need to keep up with her, play with her, etc. Ultimately, she's what pushes me to keep going, I want to be healthy for her. I want to show her what all around healthy is so that she doesn't end up with the same problems I've had. My fiance pushes me as well. but... he's never been fat (former marine) so he doesn't know what it's like. I've been fat twice now, haha. I grew up scrawny, got fat in middleschool-high school. Lost 110lb after high school (not in a healthy way-at all, I should probably have died), got chubby being with my fiance and then got huge when I was pregnant. All together, in the last 5 years I have gained 138lb.

HOWEVER, this time I'm doing it right and whatever it is I'm doing is working, being 70lb down, but I need a bit of a push and this group seems perfect for it :)
    I look forward to getting and giving support to all of you lovely people :)
  • Mombie13187
    Mombie13187 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Briona and my over all goal is to loose 150 pounds. I'm down 15 pounds so far but still have a long way to go. I'm doing this for myself and for my son. Doctor told me a couple of months ago that I was border line diabetic and diabetes runs in my family. I really don't want to have to worry about that health issue. Both my Aunt and my Uncle died from diabetes and I have to much to live for... my son needs me and I need him. I want to be able to keep up with my son. He is already 16 months old and is walking and running and goes non stop. I hate when I take him to the park I have to sit down and catch my breath after a little while when he just wants to play. Plus I would love to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see and feel confident and good about myself.
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Renee and I am looking forward to this challenge. I am just beginning my weight loss journey and have lost 21 pounds. I would like to lose 101 pounds total. I am the mother of 5 children ages 11 to 5 and we spend a lot of time on our local lake and take annual trips to the beach. I would like to look better in a bathing suit:) I have been stuck in the mommy rut for way to long and have decided now is the time to take care of myself. My goal is to be out of plus sizes by our spring break trip in March. I know how much more energy I have when I'm not carrying around all this extra weight and I'm ready to be rid of it lol! On the serious side there is a very prevalent history of estrogen fed breast cancer in my family and estrogen is stored in body fat. My mom has been fighting breast cancer for 11 years and I do not want to go through everything she has. I wish you all luck on this endeavor and Merry Christmas!
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    Hello fellow Biggest Loser's!
    My name is Keri. I am joining this group to lose the 30(+) lbs that I put on 4 years ago when I got pregnant with my daughter. I have a small frame and I'm only 5'3 ish so a little bit of lbs goes a long way! I have a hard time keeping up with my little one these days because she is so, so full of energy and I always am stopping to catch my breath! I'm hoping the extra support and challenges will keep me from getting bored and giving up. (I know it will help ALOT!) I also wouldn't mind looking good in my Victoria's Secret bathing suit I bought last summer for motivation! (I bought a size M and right now I am currently a L-XL)

Best of luck to everyone!! :)
  • jbrown78
    jbrown78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name in Jennifer and I have between 20-30lbs to lose. I joined MFP in January 2010 and did well until March, gave up for a while, started again in July, gave up in October and back at it mid November. I find that this site is great and really works (when you stick to it). My problem is that i lose consistanly for a month or 2 and then the weight loss stalls and thats when I give up. I have to remember that everyone is different and just because i don't lose 5lbs a week like some people that I can't give up. I would love to see 140lbs by summer (130 would be awesome). I hope that this group can help keep me motivated thru the bad weeks!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Kerri. I am 29 and from Detroit. I have been using MFP religiously since 1/1/11 and have lost over 10 pounds. I had lost 25 but I gained 15 back throughout this year. I can only attribute that to my food choices as I am a regular at the gym and bust my *kitten* there! I've got to find a happy medium.

I am getting married 11-17-12 and I need to lose around 25-30# more to meet a goal of mine. I haven't been under 160 since high school and I am determined to break into the 150's this fall. I WILL DO IT! I have lots of things and people to motivate me. I am signed up for a half marathon (my third) in March and I am excited to beat my previous time.

I'm really looking forward to this Biggest Loser!!!!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! My name is Andrea and I'm SUPER excited to be part of a challenge. I always seem to do well at the start of a new year and then things go to he**! So...i'm here in hopes of not falling back off track!!!

Last March I was the lightest I had been since high school(ish) and I LOVED it...then work got busy...I'm a teacher and the end of the school year chaos always takes precidence over my workouts! UGH! So then I gained about 4 pounds by June and a total of 8 pounds back now! I'm getting married in June 2012 and I want to be at my goal weight by the time I have to go for my final fitting!!! My dress was orderd back in June and it has been sitting in the salon since October...I'm too scared to go get it because I've gained 4 pounds since I ordered it and it's all in the waist and hips...I'm afraid it won't fit. I had it changed from a corset back to a zipped back...so I have less wiggle room to work with!

This challenge is my hopes of getting a kick in the rear to lose, lose, lose!!!

Let's get moving :)
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle and I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. I want to finall lose my weight and get to maintenance. My husband is taking me on holiday in the summer and I would love a new holiday wardrobe - including a new swimsuit.
  • skirby001
    Options
    Hi I am Stephanie. I am 30 years old and as of Jan 2011 I have lost 40 lbs and hit my plateau. I need to lose about 40 more lbs and I like competition! I lost 25 with the Biggest Loser competition at work so I am excited. I am going to relax for the holidays and start strong Jan 1, 2012!! I am ready to be bikini ready come April 30th!
  • vwhite33
    vwhite33 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all! :)

My name's Victoria; I'm 20. I come from a really country (semi-redneck) family and I've been overweight and obese for as long as I can remember. Actually, my entire family is overweight...probably obese...and I hope that by getting in shape and slimming down I can inspire them. I joined MFP the end of March 2011 and since then have lost about 50 pounds! I'm already so excited for summer 2012....I'm dreaming of skinny summer clothes! =)
  • Newlyfe74
    Newlyfe74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Tiffany and just like everyone else here, I am here to be challenged into losing a serious amount of weight. I need to lose weight not only for my health, but for my future hubby and future child(ren). I started my MFP weight loss journey on October 24, 2011. I've lost 9lbs so far and I have a goal to lose at least 40 during the challenge. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds. I hope to encourage and receive encouragement as well from this group. We can do this! Feel free to add me and if you can remember, please make sure that you put in the message box that you are a member of the Biggest Loser Group.

Thanks,
    Let's be losers real soon!!! :smile:
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! This is my first Challenge and I am super excited. My goal is to lose 60 pounds by Memorial day... more if possible, my total goal is to lose 90 pounds. Just 4 years ago I was at a great weight and I went through a depression and gained about 100 pounds. I'm ready to get it off... I have lost 12 pounds so far... I want to be able to wear cut off blue jeans shorts, wife beater and some cowgirl boots to the fair next summer!!
  • ktjones3
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Kathrine and I'm 23 years old. I started MFP on October 17, 2011. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds in a year. I've lost 14 pounds so far which is really good for me =) I need something to challenge me and help me stay on track. My family is Italian so we eat a LOT of pasta and pastries. I've been doing fairly well keeping that under control. I've even got my youngest sister into losing weight. Diabeties runs in the family and I need to start being healthy now before I end up sick.

Here's to the new year and a NEW YOU =)
  • sld_6001
    sld_6001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Sam and I am 23. I have been losing weight for about a year, have lost 35 lbs so far - 9 lbs here on MFP! And have about 60 more to go. I am workout buddies with my BFF and she wants to get my into a bikini! Definitely not there yet, but hopefully with this challenge I could be by summer!! Also her wedding where I am Maid of Honour is 08-11-12 so if I could look awesome for that, that would be amazing! I ordered my dress in July this year, but won't receive it until January, hoping there will be lots of alterations that need to be done!! :tongue:
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I am so glad everyone is starting to join the group.
    We 26.5 days until the 1st of the yr
    So please do not forget.
    I will be working on a spreedsheet, that everyone will have the option to update.
    There will also be teams.
    Do you want each team to have a link to their own spreedsheet or do we want one for each team that everyone can see?
    It really depends if people would like to keep theirs private or not!
    I cant wait to get this started!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I am so glad everyone is starting to join the group.
    We 26.5 days until the 1st of the yr
    So please do not forget.
    I will be working on a spreedsheet, that everyone will have the option to update.
    There will also be teams.
    Do you want each team to have a link to their own spreedsheet or do we want one for each team that everyone can see?
    It really depends if people would like to keep theirs private or not!
    I cant wait to get this started!!

I vote for letting everyone see them all.. that's just my opinion though! When I can see how well others are doing, it helps motivate me! :)
    How will we choose teams? or are you going to split us up? Maybe groups with a set # of men/women, different sizes (#'s toward goal, ages?) Just thoughts!