Introduction

Options

Replies

• TheAnonGit
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Morgan. I want to finally be confident in my body this summer. That's what I'm aiming for. This is my first challenge so it'll definitely be a learning experience. I'm at 122 now and I would love to get down to 95. Weight isn't really important to me though, I just want to finally look healthy!
  • megansg87
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Megan and when I saw this group I couldn't help but be excited. I've been trying to lose weight for years and groups like these are really motivating. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by the time I go on vacation in July. The bathing suit challenge is perfect for me because that's my main motivation. I wanna look great at the beach this year! :) Anyway I'm rambling but it's nice to meet you all and good luck!!!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I've been on MFP for 6 months now-- I started my weight-loss journey in Feb 2010 and had lost 55lbs before I got on here. Now that I'm getting lower in weight (and lower on time to work out), it seems to be getting harder. I'm all for trying out my first challenge on here! I am really trying to hit by goal weight by July 1st. Plus, one of my personal goals is to wear a bikini for the first time when I go on a family cruise in July (not sure if I'll ever have the confidence to do that though).
  • nikisab120
    Options
    Hey! I just started MFP the other day and I love it! My goal is to lose about 25 pounds before I start rotations for school this upcoming My. But it wouldn't hurt to be bathing suit ready also! Ever since I joined MFP I have wanted to find a challenge and this looks perfect for me!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nikky. I am here because I need a serious challenge with like minded people. i am on a mission to reach my ultimate goal. This will be my first challenge on here and I am looking forward to it.

I recently stepped my cardio and strength training up. I was getting bored, and wasn't seeing anymore improvement....NOW SINCE THE WORKOUT CHANGE I am enthused and love how my body is reacting to the push!

I plan on taking a celebration of goal met trip in June or July. I think this challenge will jump start me into full gear.

I look forward to the challenge......lets get'em!
  • travm2007
    Options
    Hi I'm Travis and I have been using MFP since the end of October but this will be my first challenge. I've always been 10~50 lbs overweight off and on and never wanted to be seen in a swim suit so I'm hoping this challenge paired with my desire will help me get there. In 2009 I was so close to swimsuit ready at 164 but by March of 2010 I ballooned up to 233 at my heaviest. I don't have anyone to hold me accountable really so I think this challenge will really help and am excited to start it!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I was a chubby kid and have stayed a chubby adult and hate my body. I envy all the girls wearing bikinis at the beach and wish I could get away with it but know if I dared people would run away screaming! Don't get me wrong, I know I wont have enough weight off by this summer to get into a bikini, but hopefully I'll at least feel a bit more confident in my bathing costume!

I'll also be graduating again within the next year or so and since I hated my first graduation pictures since I looked like the side of a house, I'm hoping these ones will be an improvement and pictures that I can display with pride instead of shame!
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lindsay. 27 year old SAHM to a beautiful 9 month old (tomorrow!) daughter named Makenzie. My overall goal is to lose 50+lbs that I put on during pregnancy and after with some PPD. I want to feel good about myself, I want to be able to keep up with this little monkey, I want clothes to look nice on me, and I want to be able to enjoy my life again!

I have a long way to go, I'm only about 4lbs down so far. Feel free to add me :)
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Hello, I'm Joe. I started with MFP beginning of this year and proceeded to lose almost 30 lbs. Then I left and proceeded to gain back about 20. So Here I am again, and am back to where I was in mid March. I still need to lose some more but was never shy about wearing a bathing suit. However I would like to look good in one. I spend a fair bit of time in Costa Rica and need to look good for the chicas down there.
  • fallen4him
    Options
    hello my name is evelyn. im from cali and my whole life ive been obese, its now time for a change. every year my family and i go to tahoe for a week and one of those days we go hiking and swimming, m y goal is to hike that mountain and not be tired from being fat, i want to go swimming in a 1 piece or bikini and not feel asamed that i have to wear a baggy top and shorts too. also i want to feel amazing in normal clothes and not look pregnant because im not pregnant.
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Tiara. I have been on a weight loss journey for quite some time. On again and off again. I have lost about 35lbs so far. I don't have a long story to tell, it just like many others. I'm tired of the weight and want it off. Challenges are what has kept me driven for the past few months. This is my first challenge on MFP. Good luck to each of you.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Sandy, and I'm 60 years young. I've always been a yo-yo dieter, but never got above 168 lbs. UNTIL........4 years ago I ballooned up to 192 lbs in a matter of months. After lots of testing, and the doctor telling me I just needed to exercise more (even though I was exhausted all the time) and eat less, I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. It took almost 2 years to get down to 155, and I've pretty much maintained that weight (give or take the 5 pounds that fluctuate day-to-day) for over a year. Now that I'm properly medicated and feeling less exhausted, I'm trying to up my exercise and eat better to get another 20-25 pounds off. My first initial weigh-in with WW on 10/31/11 was 166, and today I weighed in at 151.2.

My motivation is that I never want to feel as hopeless as I did when I was 192, with just getting out of bed was a pure workout. I want to feel energetic and youthful again (regardless of what my chronological age is)! I want to swim, and walk for miles (I accept I can't run anymore due to a knee injury), and scuba dive, and lift weights, and still have energy to go out with friends at the end of the day. I have a two year old grandson that I have to keep up with for the next 30 years, and by golly, I'm gonna get to the point that HE'LL need to rest before I do!
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone (: my name is Juliette I'm 20 from louisiana and have lost 27.5 pounds with MFP. This is my second challenge first group though. I didn't do so well I'm first challenge. Anyway I have 55 pounds to lose. If I could lose that by the time this challenge is over that would be awesome but I'm going to definately aim for 30 pounds at the minimum. I want to be healthy. I don't just want to be skinny that is not my goal in my weight loss journey. I currently weigh 190.5 and my goal is 135.

Let's make summer 2012 a sexy one ;D
  • fee2dancesing
    Options
    Hello everyone! My goals for 2012 are to loose 100 lbs by November, be able to fly comfortably (without seat belt extender) in September and of course feel comfortable during the warmer months. Even though I'll be smaller, I'm not sure if I'll feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit but I want to wear shorts and cute tops, possibly a halter!

With the help of my family, friends and MFP i think, scratch that I KNOW that I can do this.

SN: I look forward to making plenty of friends during this process.

Make it a great day!

9109756.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenihall31
    jenihall31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Jennifer and a newlywed with some first year of marriage weight gain. I'm 5'11" and have been slowly packing it on. I'm not overweight but my BF percentage is higher than it needs to be aka "skinny fat". So I'm here for motivation to stick to the diet and exercise plan to drop some fat pounds and pick up some muscle. I hope to look athletic in my bikini this summer. Best of luck!
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Howdy Ya'll! I'm Katie and I have ~30 pounds to lose. I would be happy with 25lbs, but I would really like to get back to my college wieght of 145lbs. (This was before I discovered Beer, heehee.) I want to lose the weight before my Husband and I try to have another baby and to be able to keep up with my little lady (she's 1). I want to look "sexy" in a bathing suit again and to be able to wear a two piece or a monoiki. I really want to be able to look in the mirror and LOVE who I see; not just "like" her. I've lost 12lbs since May with MFP, but I fell off the wagon for the last 2 months or so and this seems like a great way to get back on!
  • WarriorJayne
    Options
    Hey everyone. Im "Jayne" I am 31 and a mother of a 4 year old. my family health history is horrible and I'm trying to stop the cycle with my husband and I. I am over weight, and I am trying to lose and have found i really like working out. However at the end of December I will be having knee surgery and will have to buckle down since my usually way of working out (CrossFit) will be next to impossible to do for a while.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone! I'm Lori, 33 and from Detroit. Some of my friends have joined in, so I'm joining in also.

My story is that I got up to about 172 last January. I joined our weight loss challenge at work, and came in 2nd place! I got down to about 150. Shortly (a month or so) after that challenge ended, I broke my foot working with our trainer at work. I actually got down to 143 on my own after the original challenge. I was actually quite happy that during my 6 weeks of limited activity, I basically maintained my weight....then Summer came...and now I find myself back up to 150 (give or take a pound here and there). So, I'm not happy with myself again. I lost track of tracking my calories and ate crap again...I need a swift quick in the rear!

My goal is to lose at least 10 pounds (15 might be better) and tone, tone tone! I've got flab everywhere. My workouts consist of Jazzercise, training appointments with our trainer(s) at work, and fitness classes lead by our trainer(s). I'm lucky to have the free resource of a private gym for my use.

Oh, and I'll be 34 the day after this challenge ends. :-)
  • grasshoppermegan
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Megan! I am 33! I have lost 65 lbs so far. I have a minimum of 72 still to lose to get to my first major goal! I would like to be in ONEderland by my birthday in May - which is 52.4 lbs! I have lost about 45-50 lbs in the last 8 weeks! I am under supervision by my DR. So, I am having constant blood-work and assessments done. Looking forward to wearing a NON-plus sized suit this summer!!! Even if it isn't a 2-piece or a bikini! I would just like to wear a non-plus sized suit!!!
  • charmedone10
    charmedone10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name Is Emily and I turned 30 this year! I have 2 beautiful daughters. I decided back in March I need to lose the extra weight after having my 2nd child. I have 40 lbs to go! I just finished a round of TurboFire. It is an awesome program. I just want to be fit & healthy, so I can teach my kids how to be fit and healthy!