Introduction

Options

Replies

• SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Aly. I am a 22 year old single mom of two kids under two! I have already lost over 30 pounds in the last 4 months, but I am no where near my goal. My kids are my motivation and my life. I want to be able to keep up with them, and be a healthy example to them. And, I want to feel confident about myself!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Rhonda. I will be 55 years old this month.I am a mother of 3 grown kids and grandmother to 3 precious boys. I am 5 feet tall with a tiny frame. I have always been super skinny until I got close to 40. I then started putting on a couple of lbs every couple of years until I finally hit my all time high of 146.2 this year. I looked like a little sausage. I have always worked out , never letting more than a couple of months go by where I didnt but my diet has been atrocious. The beginning of October I decided to get really serious about this and get into shape. Fortunately I have my daughter as my work out partner and she help to motivate me and keep my accountable (of course, vice versa, as well) We started Jillian Michaels ripped in 30, doing each week for a couple of weeks and also, we are now in week 5 of C25k. Finally, after 2 months I am seeing some regular weight come off as well as inches. My goal is to be fit, to run a 5k and to do the Warrior dash in April. I am saying age is just a number and it doesn't have to stop me from doing what I want to do. Good Luck, everyone!
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Sherie, I'm 30, I weigh 166.2 and I'm proud to say that I am a non-smoker! I just hit the 10 month mark 12/1. YAY!!! But I gained 20-25 back after quitting smoking. :frown: I got lazy, all I wanted to do was sleep and I had poor eating habits. But I've been back on track for a little over a month now. My husband is in Afghanistan (year deployment) and will be home May 2012 :bigsmile: . I would love to have a hot rocken body by then, my goal is to be around 130 by the end of May. I know this challenge only goes to April, but I'm not stopping there even if I'm at my goal, I will always continue to improve my health. I hate feeling like blah. I can't understand why I quit working out in the first place. I feel so much better when I do. My favorit workout is running. I run 5-6 days a week. I'm really looking forward to this challenge!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi all~ My name is Rita. I have been working on the lifestyle change over the last year and have lost 63 lbs. I've been on a nasty 3 month plateau (I've been losing and gaining the same 4 lbs. ugh!!!) I won't be comfortable for a bathing suit just yet...but If I could at least wear shorts in public and be able to be more active and in shape for summer that would be wonderful!
  • dngauthier24
    Options
    Hey all!
    My name is Danielle. This is my first challenge. I am currently going I school for my degree in Early Childhood Education and I work at a daycare with the infants. I am currently 230 pounds and have lost 15 do far using MFP and about 40 since I was at my peak weight. I really want to lose the weight so I can be better at my job Being as heavy as I am getting up and down and picking babies up, ect really starts to take a toll on my body. I am really hoping this challenge helps me lose weight but also helps me stay accountable when I have those certain bad days or weeks!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amber and I am from Houston, Texas. (Go Texans!!) I started losing weight in March 2010 and have been on it every since. So far I have lost about 56 pounds and I did out on a bikini this summer. But I still wasn't happy enough with it to keep it on for a long amount of time or in front of ppl. Short term goal to be in Onederland by 2012. Long term to take sexu pics in a bikini and just be comfortable. I also want to help and inspire others to lose as well.
  • This will be my first challenge with this website. FitnessPal has helped me in a major way by helping me keep a food diary I can actually stick with. My hopes are the friends I make here will also help me stick with it too. I have never wore a bikini.... And that is my goal!! I wanna be a hot tamale on the beach and look good for my hubba hubba :) I mostly just want to feel healthy for once in my life. We are going to NC for a vaca next summer so it will be perfect timing. :) I also want to lose weight bc the docs say that's why we are having a hard time getting pregnant.. which is something else I really want!
  • lizziebaba
    Options
    I'm liz. I'm here because I'm on a roll with losing weight and i think i could actually do it. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think i could i guess!

I'm currently in school in New York & i'm going on a trip to Greece the beginning of January, but other than that issue, i'm all good to go with the challenge!

This will be my first challenge on this site..
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    Hi ya'll :) my name is Kerry-Anne and I am so excited to join this group. I haven't looked good in a bathing suit in a couple years (probably since high school) and still back then I didn't have the best body. I just really want to be comfortable in my own skin. my goal is to increase my fitness and to change my relationship with food. I have lost about 15 lbs but I could still lose another 20 lbs to get back to my healthy body. I hope this pushes me to my limits! I want to look at myself in the mirror and see change!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My main goal is physical fitness -- to become leaner, stronger, and healthier for life. Had a bad car wreck a year ago that changed my whole perspective on exercise. I now consider it more of a privilege than anything.

I am 41, have one kid still in high school.

Currently, I'm right at 197, but my peak weight was around 225.

I started MFP in September at 220. I've lost just at 23 pounds and approx 3% body fat since then.

Thanks for starting the challenge. It's fun to have a new way of looking at my goal. Good luck, everyone!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I havent decided how I am going to split everyone up.
    I am going to make a basic spreedsheet tonight for everyone to put their current weight and age in.
    I dont know if I should go that route to keep it pretty even or if I should just randomly put people together.

I vote random.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is actually going to be my third challenge here. I joined MFP in October 2011. I'm currently near the end of my first challenge, which has been great in giving me short-term fitness/nutrition goals. I need something to push myself!

My peak weight was near 260, and in January 2010 my DH and I started our healthy lifestyle journey (I weighed 248 at that time). I got down to 207 in June when I found out I was pregnant with my son! I ended the pregnancy at 250something (I didn't go near a scale that last week as I was retaining water like crazy!). At the start of my MFP journey, I weighed in at 233. I've only lost 6 lbs so far, but I've definitely noticed a difference in my fitness level. I can do a lot more things without breaking up a sweat!

Oh, and my DH (papermario on MFP) weighed in this morning at 185! He started in January 2010 at 270 lbs (he used to weigh over 300). I'm so proud of him, and now it's time for me to catch back up!
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm so excited and a tiny bit scared ha ha, this is my first challenge. I want to lose around 25 (ish) pounds. My goal is to be out of the heavyweight region of the BMI scale, to be healthy, to not be in pain from health issues due to my weight and my biggest goal is to wear a 2 piece. My awesome husband has told me that if I get to the point where I feel comfortable in a 2 piece he will take me to Hawaii!!.
  • LighterJen
    LighterJen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen. I'm currently in my first challenge on MFP, which has been a great motivator! I'm excited to have this challenge start in January and hoping it can help me lose 15-20lbs in time for summer! :)
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Melissa and I am super excited to start this challenge. I was recently eliminated from my first challenge (I made it to week 6) and I had so much fun! Being part of a challenge really steps up the accountability and kept me motivated so I look forward to being part of this challenge! My goal is to lose 25 - 30 lbs by June 1st, it seems I have struggled with this weight for the last 3 years and have made every excuse, so...here's to no more excuses and looking great in a bathing suit!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm Mel...I'm a dork, offensive, a flirt, and obnoxious. Obviously I wanna join so I can put on a bathing suit again. Smimming used to be my life and now I'd rather bang my head against the wall. I've lost 49lbs so far. This isnt my first "challenege" and I'm about to start insanity so I hope that will count as the exercise. I'm 4'11 and 1/2" and 179lbs...I have a long way to go.

Thanks for being part of my story :)

C25k last October 2010
    P90 January 2011
    30DS June 2011
    P90x July 2011
    Insanity starting December 11th

Let's kick *kitten*! And bring it!
  • Miss_curvy
    Miss_curvy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Mexico, I always be the fat girl on the family and my grandparents suffered diabetes, and thats why i want to change my life.
    My goals are to be healthy and to reach my ideal weight. My goal weight for April it's 190/180 pounds.
    It pushes me the clothes because i love fashion and that stuff, I wanna be confident about my body and I think losing weight is healthy for mind and body. And there are two special persons who are always supporting me.
    Sorry about my english :) I'm trying to write correctly!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, My name is Angela. I want to look hot this summer. That is my goal. I want to look good in a bathing suit and feel confident in myself again. I used to rock a bikini and then I had 2 boys. I have about 15lbs to go to get to pre baby weight, then Idk..I might try to lose more, or gain muscle or tone or whatever has to be done, once I get to that point. My birthday is May 22, so not too long after this challenge is over, and that is when I planned to meet my goal.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi I am Maryann

My first Goal is 40 pounds by May for Birthday. This will get me out of Obese scale.

I have many Great Nieces and nephews. Little ones want to play on the floor and 8 yr old wants me to run around.

Not so much about the swim suit but would be nice for shorts and a bathing suit top.
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. My name is Greg. This will be my first challenge since joining MFP. My goal is to get down toward 175-180. it really depends on how I look. I wouldn't care if i weighed 200 as long as its lean and toned. Look forward to meeting you guys!!