You know you are a low-carber when....

Options
2Bgoddess
2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
Please add yours! just thought it would be fun, and/or funny! (after my bi-weekly weigh in with the doctor, I have a cheat meal...tonight was chicken and noodle stir fry. and chocolate for dessert. still way under on everything except protein, cuz I am on a high protein diet...)

SO>>>

You know you are a low-carber when, you have a big cheat meal and STILL end up below MFP's recommendations for carbs, sugar, sodium, etc. etc.

Replies

• Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You know you are a low-carber when you read product labels on autopilot when shopping
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    know carb count before calorie count....

look at the label and go to the carbs before anything else.....
  • angelapolite
    Options
    You know you are a low carber when:

you eat the cheese and meat off the pizza and people look at you strange.

you can't wait the to see that dark red reading on the Ketostick and get excited!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    People ask you for your "secret" to weight loss and fabulous hair. :wink:

...and then the minute you say "low-carb," their response is "But isn't that unhealthy?" :explode:
  • angelapolite
    Options
    People ask you for your "secret" to weight loss and fabulous hair. :wink:

...and then the minute you say "low-carb," their response is "But isn't that unhealthy?" :explode:

LOVE IT!
  • AdAstra47
    Options
    When your friends want to go out, you have to go online first and look at the restaurant's menu to figure out what you can eat.

Ordering a meal at a restaurant takes 10 minutes (... with no potatoes... no, no fries either, I'm pretty sure those are made from potatoes... can we substitute a slice of bacon instead of toast?... yes, I'm sure ... dressing/sauce on the side ... is that dish breaded? ... no croutons ... no bun... yes, I'm sure...)
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options

This is me! Who cares how many calories it has if the carbs are too high?
  • AdAstra47
    Options

This is me! Who cares how many calories it has if the carbs are too high?

Me too! Right there with ya!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    LOL love it!
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ordering a meal at a restaurant takes 10 minutes (... with no potatoes... no, no fries either, I'm pretty sure those are made from potatoes... can we substitute a slice of bacon instead of toast?... yes, I'm sure ... dressing/sauce on the side ... is that dish breaded? ... no croutons ... no bun... yes, I'm sure...)

This is awesome. I always feel like I'm being sooo difficult when I order
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options

This is awesome. I always feel like I'm being sooo difficult when I order

Love this!!!

also, when your sitting in the dining area of a fast food restaurant and people begin to whisper as your ravagely enjoy your lettuce wrapped hamburger. The "what the hell is she eating?" and " She must be some kind of health psycho" stares are comical. I'm just downing a delicious burger folks!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    also, when your sitting in the dining area of a fast food restaurant and people begin to whisper as your ravagely enjoy your lettuce wrapped hamburger. The "what the hell is she eating?" and " She must be some kind of health psycho" stares are comical. I'm just downing a delicious burger folks!

ROFLMAO
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You log everything, even small items, because even coffee has carbs. And those little suckers add up quickly!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    You understand exactly how awesome butter is, especially when you can use exorbitant amounts of it that your pre-low-carb self would have gotten ill seeing. :D Also when you can appreciate finagling baked goods using almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and splenda, and make it taste just as good as anything carby.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    your in laws freak out at all the meat, fats, and butter you eat then tell you that "you eat an obscene amount of food for such a tiny person."

hahahahaha! Yeah. I'm gorgeous too! :)
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Everyone you meet has a horror story about someone they knew who was on Atkins. It's never them, always a cousin or neighbour...
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You know you are a low-carber when:
    your weekly grocery purchase always consists of pork rinds, bacon, fresh veggies!
  • MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    .. your coworkers say "wow you always have such healthy lunches, so many veggies" until you mention you're doing Atkins and then they tell you how unhealthy that is
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You have to go to the store AT LEAST two times a week as your 35 cubic foot refrigerator cannot hold enough veggies and meats to last the week!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    When bacon has become one of your favorite condiments and you always save the grease! lol