You know you are a low-carber when....

Options

Replies

• dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Your friends, family and work colleagues notice how much weight you've lost, you tell them how and suddenly start a mini-epidemic of low carb dieting!
  • echarlto
    echarlto Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You know you're a low-carber when:

- you sometimes treat yourself to a little bread with your butter

- you make yourself a manhattan and wonder how many carbs there are in the vermouth and the maraschino cherry...
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    ...when you go to subway, ask for the philly cheesesteak on a salad, and the lady looks at you like you have 3 heads. :laugh:

Really though, they have to charge me $2 extra to ditch the bread?! :huh:

Mmmm...that sounds good - I'll have to try that!

Me too sounds good
    Loving the feed back here...
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ....You're on a first name basis with the folks working the butcher counter at the grocery store.

....You stuff your homemade burger with every imaginable cheese -- blue, gorgonzola, feta, cheddar...YUM!!
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    Your friends, family and work colleagues notice how much weight you've lost, you tell them how and suddenly start a mini-epidemic of low carb dieting!

This happened to me the first time I did LC- they started calling me the Incredible Shrinking Woman at work, and pretty soon everyone was trying Atkins! I had more emails about low-carb recipes than I did about work! :happy:
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When you make pancakes from egg whites and protein powder!

I want this recipe!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ....You're on a first name basis with the folks working the butcher counter at the grocery store.

....You stuff your homemade burger with every imaginable cheese -- blue, gorgonzola, feta, cheddar...YUM!!

Dont forget aged gouda.. .OH MY GAWD, so creamy!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Laughing out loud at these. I've heard so many people make the comment "I don't see how Atkins can possibly be healthy with all the meat and fats." When I tell them I eat at least 3 cups of veggies a day, and even with all that I STILL usually have a challenge to break 1700 calories, they just shake their heads like I'm delusional.

Or also - Without carbs, how can you work out? or Don't you know you're supposed to eat carbs before you run?

I do fine thanks. I played 3 hours of volleyball Thursday night after eating a bunless burger - with extra lettuce and tomato made into a little salad. Funny, when your body can't burn sugar, it burns fat. How about that? Huh?

I've also had someone tell me that my brain will not work as well without carbs - that it needs glucose. I just laughed. I'm in Mensa. It also does just fine. :)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Laughing out loud at these. I've heard so many people make the comment "I don't see how Atkins can possibly be healthy with all the meat and fats." When I tell them I eat at least 3 cups of veggies a day, and even with all that I STILL usually have a challenge to break 1700 calories, they just shake their heads like I'm delusional.

Or also - Without carbs, how can you work out? or Don't you know you're supposed to eat carbs before you run?

I do fine thanks. I played 3 hours of volleyball Thursday night after eating a bunless burger - with extra lettuce and tomato made into a little salad. Funny, when your body can't burn sugar, it burns fat. How about that? Huh?

I've also had someone tell me that my brain will not work as well without carbs - that it needs glucose. I just laughed. I'm in Mensa. It also does just fine. :)

Those are the people that I would rather just sit there, let them go on and on and on.. while I eat my home-made cured bacon right in front of them....
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, just to be a turd, I tell them my Internist put me on the diet because of high blood sugar. (She didn't, but the appointment where my A1C blood test showed borderline high happened to be my day 4 of Atkins. She said it was the best thing I could do for myself, so I consider that Doc Endorsed.) Telling them a doc put you on it usually shuts them up. :)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Sometimes, just to be a turd, I tell them my Internist put me on the diet because of high blood sugar. (She didn't, but the appointment where my A1C blood test showed borderline high happened to be my day 4 of Atkins. She said it was the best thing I could do for myself, so I consider that Doc Endorsed.) Telling them a doc put you on it usually shuts them up. :)

ROFLMAO@ "Sometimes, just to be a turd,"

Im about to spit out my coffee from laughing so damn hard! LOL!!!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When you have been known to eat slices of butter like chips....
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    You have a pot of Ketostick next to the loo :laugh:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    When you make pancakes from egg whites and protein powder!

I want this recipe!!

OMG me too!!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    ...you eat more veggies than the vegetarians!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    when...
    you laugh at the little message after you click "complete this entry" on your MFP food journal and it says- "If every day were like today..." and it tells you you'd gain weight, but the scale keeps going down!:laugh:

Is it wrong to feel sorry for the poor saps that are starving and eating rice-cakes and apples all day as I dig into my 8oz ribeye & broccoli smothered in butter?

LOVE THIS!!!!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    When you look at your diary at the end of the day and say to yourself "Oh crap, my fat intake was too low today".
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

...When you wonder why vegetarians/vegans don't get slack for "eliminating an entire food group"? :grumble:
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options

...When you wonder why vegetarians/vegans don't get slack for "eliminating an entire food group"? :grumble:

HA! Yeah. It's interesting that low carbers (especially on MFP) get crap for cutting out a food group when vegitarians and the like are applauded for it... The concept of a food group is dumb to begin with, but just add on the double standard....
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    the first thing you can taste in something is the sugar or the salt.

I have found since starting low carb I am actually cutting down on added sugar even in my coffee in the morning 1 teaspoon now tastes super sweet. Salt same thing