Gray

Options
Gray Team
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
TJ435 TJ 33 211
GuillaineC Guillaine 18 284
nickfrench Nick 28 260
goodridges Shan 51 237
Annasgyal Nika 32 227.4
Lackie09 Becca 21 216.5
Megz4987 Meaghan 24 208.4
lizgreenhill Liz 24 201.5
staceylegge Stacey 31 194
Cms3398 christie 29 186
MermaidFaith Faith 30 177
APO_Katie Katie 30 173.4
halfsizeheather Heather 28 167.5
josery1630 Christin 35 160.5
Jupitermermaid Sandy 60 154
nikisab120 Niki 24 147.4
Janana81 Jennifer 30 129.2

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3334.8

Replies

• nikisab120
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Niki and I am a pharmacy student. I have gained about 30 pounds since I graduated from highschool and am wanting to lose it. Most importantly, I am wanting to be the healthiest I can be. Some of these classes in pharmacy school scare you into taking care of yourself lol. I would love to run a half marathon one day, I have done a couple of 5ks and am working on a 10k for March. I am down to 146 right now (5'3") and hopefully will be down a little bit more before the challenge starts. Can't wait for it to begin!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    Hello Im liz, i am a CNA( certified nursing assistant) i am going to school to be a registered nurse. I am 5'4 and weigh 201 lbs. I started gaining weight after i got engaged to my husband in feb 2010. Since then i gained roughly 75lbs. My goal weight is 145 and i would love to acccomplish that by april 2012 . That is mine and my husbands 1 year wedding anniversary. Im excited to begin this challenge i need something to kick me in the butt :)
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am excited to be starting the challenge, and cannot wait to be in Onederland by the end of this challenge.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Sandy. I gained a lot of weight when I became hypothyroid, then was slowly able to get 42 pounds off. I plateaued for a year, now I'm ready to tackle the rest of my weight and lose 25-30 pounds. I'm at 154 pounds now, but.....buh-by 150's, hello 140's very soon!
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hey group! Im Becca, I have always been a chunky chick but i have gained about 25 lbs since I got out of HS three years ago. I not only want to lose that weight, which I have already began losing but I also want to lose more! 216 on my 5'4'' frame is not good! Im ready to do this! I am not sure how long this challenge lasts? till summer? but I at least want to be down into the 100 something by then.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello Gray team!!!
    My name is Faith and i live in Indiana, so i will be doing this challenge INSIDE! haha.
    I started my weight loss on October 24th of this year at 200 pounds. My mini-goal is to be 170 by The New Year and i am currently 3.5 pounds away from reaching it!
    i joined another challenge a month ago and i definately like the support system that these groups bring. Everyone working toward a common goal.
    This will be the second time in my life that i have had to work on losing weight. I spent most of my life around 140-150 (i am also 5'4). then when i was 23 i ballooned up to 185. i spent about a year faithfully exercising and eating less that 20 carbs a day and eventually got down to 135, the lowest weight of my adult life. I stuck around 140-150 the next few years. Then i quit smoking and gained 60 pounds over the past 2 1/2 years.
    I had been feeling very depressed about myself and spent most of my time in self loathing mode. Well i decided to give it a try again, so i half-assed logging my food and got on mfp every few days. then i got on the scale a week later and i had gained 2 pounds, making me 200 pounds. i was like, what the crap faith, this is a freaking joke, get control of yourself.
    i joined a 30 day shred group on here and have busted that out, i am currently in an 8 week holiday challenge with some awesome girls and i am feeling so much better than i did three months ago. the weeks are flying by and the pounds are being forced off! i'm loving it.
    I am super excited to get started on the new year challenge i know we will do great and lets be the winning team!!! :D:D

Two mermaids on one team we are destined to WIN!

if anyone would like to be friends add me please i love reading everyones daily routines so i can better myself
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've always been bigger than average but it never really bothered me, that was until i went wedding dress shopping.

we got engaged after 8 yrs together and i wanted to get in shape. but one nasty comment from a bridal shop owner and i found myself here. I'll show her!!! lol

I've lost 16lbs so far but really want to shift at least another 14lbs to be in the healthy range.

come on the Grey Team.
  • goodridges
    goodridges Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, there, I'm Shan & I live in Northampton England. I have always been overweight since a child but my weight really rocketed when I did my nurse training nearly 30 years ago. Eating the wrong things like crisps & chocolate cos your tired is NOT healthy! Then along came the kids & forget it, I turned around & I weighed 260lbs! I have dieted most of my life but I have already lost 24lbs & I'm determined to lose it for good this time.I find MFP really helpful & my husband has joined me this time so we're in it to win it!!!
    Go Grey team!! (Excuse the English spelllng!!!) Good luck everyone!!
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is nick. So far I am the only guy writing on here. Perfectly fine with me. HAHA, I just ran my first 5k today. I grew up being an athlete my whole life, then after college was when I actually started putting on the weight. When you aren't playing sports anymore, you don't realize just how unhealthy you are eating til it all starts adding on the lbs. Lackie talked me into doing this and we just got lucky enough to be on the same team. I am ready to kill this and be there to support everyone.
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is nick. So far I am the only guy writing on here. Perfectly fine with me. HAHA, I just ran my first 5k today. I grew up being an athlete my whole life, then after college was when I actually started putting on the weight. When you aren't playing sports anymore, you don't realize just how unhealthy you are eating til it all starts adding on the lbs. Lackie talked me into doing this and we just got lucky enough to be on the same team. I am ready to kill this and be there to support everyone.

Actually might be the only guy on the whole team. Sweet
  • lackie09
    Options

Actually might be the only guy on the whole team. Sweet

great us girls can show you how its done! lol jk Nick! Thanks for joining dude!
  • TJ435
    TJ435 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm Tricesha (TJ for short). I am the mother of three kids and I have always had issued with my weight. Over the past year I have managed to lose and keep off 50 pounds (not easy) and I still have about 30 pounds to go. I am excited about this challenge and hope you are too. This is a great idea and it only helps to have so many people supporting you. So let's make the best of this and make "TEAM GRAY" the BIGGEST LOSERS!
  • staceylegge
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Stacey. I am a stay at home Mom to a 4 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old girl. I have been pregnant 5 times in 5 years . This is where I gained all my weight. I am down 47 pounds (over 18 months) and want to loose another 43 pounds to be at my healthy weight. I am so excited for tis challenge.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!!
    I had my little girl 3/4 this year and gained 100+lb during the pregnancy. It wasn't really a big shock to me, I paid little to no attention to what I ate because I was afraid I would become crazed and not eat enough as I had an eating disorder for the last 6-7years. I have lost 70lb completely healthily, not resorting back to bad habits/thoughts. I have been one of the lucky ones, I think. I lost 110lb before and I know I can do it again, the right way. My goal is to get to 135-140lb but I would be happy at 150-160 as long as I am toned and fit :)

I look forward to this challenge and being on the team with all of you!
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I started my weight loss journey back in May of this year and so far have lost just about 12 lbs. I still have about 28-ish lbs to go and I figured that joining something like a biggest loser challenge would help me get there. I really want to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans and to fit into my skimpy pink bikini. I want to set a good example for my daughter (she's amost 14 months) and to be the knock out that I was when I frist met my husband.

Go team Gray!!!!
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    who is our captain?
  • lackie09
    Options
    TJ
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    TJ
    alright, thanks :)
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY missed this thread....oops! Sorry!

My name is Christin and I'm a mom to two boys...8 & 10. I started gaining weight after my first pregnancy and I just kept going with the second. My heaviest was 175 about 6 years ago. I was having major sciatica issues, and when I realized I had to tie my shoes on the sides because I was too fat to bend down and tie them, I knew I needed to change something.

I set a goal to do a triathlon, and I did my first one in June of 2006 and have been hooked on fitness ever since. My weight has yo-yoed for the last several years, and I got down to my skinniest since having kids in 2009 when I took my first trip to Mexico with my husband. I was about 152.

I did the Tough Mudder this past summer in Beaver Creek, Colorado and I was the slowest person in the group. I'm weighing in at about 165-168 regularly (I'm 5'4"...much too heavy for my frame). I decided that I needed to really lose some weight if I ever had any hope of doing better in next year's Tough Mudder, so I've been trying to watch what I eat and get more exercise in over the last few months. Two weeks ago my co-worker recommended this site for about the 80th time, and I decided to give it a shot. I'm hooked, and when this group came up, I decided to give it a try!

I look forward to kicking some butt with you all!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing...I'm on a computer for 8+ hours a day during the week, so I rarely get on my computer on the weekends. That's my time for my family. If you want me to respond to something, please post it on my wall as I only use my phone app on the weekends (unless I know I need to take care of something).