January 30 Day Shred Challenge!!

Options
shadea4455
shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
So the idea came up that we should do Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred starting in January... So let's make it our January challenge! I'll make a google document to do our stats and share the link with all of you, we can weigh in and do our measurements every week. (I like to do the measurements when we're doing weights because my weight doesn't drop fast when I'm doing strength training, but inches lost are just as good!) If you want to join this 30ds challenge, let me know on this board and I will work on getting a spreadsheet ready.

This will be a great way to get back on track for any of us who drift away a little over the holidays. So who's in??

Replies

• pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im in! I think its a really good idea to throw us back into weight loss after the holidays! What date should we start? I dont fancy it on the 1st as a will be nursing a hangover! :p
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but I don't measure. Should I get a tape measure? What's the best way to measure? Waist at the smallest part and hips at the largest part?
  • pip_roberts91
    Options
    Yeah you should get a tape measure theyre very cheap! Yeah we could measure chest(across boobs) smallest of waist, largest measurement around hips, thighs and tops of arms.
  • shadea4455
    Options
    Im in! I think its a really good idea to throw us back into weight loss after the holidays! What date should we start? I dont fancy it on the 1st as a will be nursing a hangover! :p

Great point! I will probably be doing the same lol. How about the 2nd?
  • shadea4455
    Options
    Yeah you should get a tape measure theyre very cheap! Yeah we could measure chest(across boobs) smallest of waist, largest measurement around hips, thighs and tops of arms.

Agreed, you should definitely get a measuring tape and they're very cheap! You can usually find them around the sewing/craft stuff. Or if you own a sewing kit, there is probably one inside it. I like to measure chest, waist (smallest point), hips (widest point), and I like to add bellybutton because I have a really long torso and my bellybutton and waist are not even close to being in the same spot! Plus, the thighs and upper arms...
  • 9cj8
    9cj8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred in November and it was great! Now I am doing Ripped in 30 which is a great second step. Good luck!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm in and up for the Challenge! : ) Just went on Amazon and bought the DVD. Do we need anything else (besides the obvious scale and tape measure...)? Ihave no idea what to expect with the DVD,,,
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, BUT, I hope we're not going to do it every day for 30 days; more like every other day for 60 days!! That DVD is an absolute killer!! I'm not mega unfit and my thighs absolutely kill me for about two days after each session. I don't think I could do it every day, and if I did, it would be extremely unpleasant and would ultimately start making me dread exercise again. If we kick off doing it every day a lot of people will fail at the offset and get demotivated. :-(
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! I'm on round 2.1 of the Shred right now (I've completed it one full time, and am currently doing my second time through, although I've done L2 at least 10 additional days... I really love it!). I plan on starting it up again in Jan. I just need to finish it out before then. No sweat (actually, lots of sweat).

PS - My first round took me 37 days, and this round has taken about 4 months. :laugh:
  • shadea4455
    Options
    I'm in and up for the Challenge! : ) Just went on Amazon and bought the DVD. Do we need anything else (besides the obvious scale and tape measure...)? Ihave no idea what to expect with the DVD,,,

Weights (but not heavy).... I don't remember if there's anything else...
  • shadea4455
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, BUT, I hope we're not going to do it every day for 30 days; more like every other day for 60 days!! That DVD is an absolute killer!! I'm not mega unfit and my thighs absolutely kill me for about two days after each session. I don't think I could do it every day, and if I did, it would be extremely unpleasant and would ultimately start making me dread exercise again. If we kick off doing it every day a lot of people will fail at the offset and get demotivated. :-(

Every other day works for me, too as I still plan on running.
  • pip_roberts91
    Options

Yeah I couldnt walk for 2 days after doing day 2 so every other day works for me!
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Yeah I couldnt walk for 2 days after doing day 2 so every other day works for me!

I'm with you! Are we supposed to do it every day?
  • pip_roberts91
    Options

I'm with you! Are we supposed to do it every day?

well i think we are meant to do it everyday but its very hard, so we'll have it as jillians 60 day shred! We'll probably lose more as we'll be eating healthy for 2 months alongside this. :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    60 days it is : ) I know if you get too sore, the next day is miserable, and you cut corners trying to keep up. I am up for alternating days and letting everybody "heal" for a day between :)
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm in :) do we start on Jan 1st?
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm down for 30DS or 60DS either way works for me. I tried it a few times, but never stuck with it because it just was torture for me. I believe I can stick with it this time, because of the support on here.
  • shadea4455
    Options

We're going to start on the 2nd as some of us are concerned about nursing new year's eve hangovers... So, we will begin the 2nd and make it a 60-day challenge, doing 30ds every other day.
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options

We're going to start on the 2nd as some of us are concerned about nursing new year's eve hangovers... So, we will begin the 2nd and make it a 60-day challenge, doing 30ds every other day.

Awesome. I'll mark it in my calendar :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you guys - It'll be a second workout for me most days but its short so I think that's ok. I'll probably just use my 8lb weights unless that's super easy. (I've never done it before but I'm reasonably strong)