January 30 Day Shred Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Jermisha
    Options
    I am in! Like justle stated I will be doing Ripped in 30 instead as well.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll get it with my Christmas money lol
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started it for the first time last week. So I'll be ready for round 2 in January!
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Options
    Ordered my DVD!! Totally in for a surprise with the dvd.... 2jan ...let 60 day shred begin..good luck all!!!
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA! I have been talking about doing this for New Years for about a week now! I bought it from Amazon.com a few days ago so it will be here soon :)

COUNT ME IN!!!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    ordered mine. and a yoga collection and bob harpers pure strenght. just in case
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Great idea, this is on my Christmas list so if I don't get it I will have to pick it up. I've heard great things about the program.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I'm in! A coworker is going to make me a copy of hers!!
  • reashu85
    Options
    I am in! I was actually just asking my sister if I could borrow her video. I have not had any motivation these past few months since starting new medication and I feel tired and blah so I need to get er done!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I ordered the DVDs from amazon this weekend, so I'm totally in!
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So I sstarted this today just to see what I was up against, only made it through the first circuit and then I had to sit out the next one... lol... Good thing I started early, I need to ease my way in, by day 10 I'll be ready haha
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yeah I watched it too just to see and yeah.. am gonna have to start doing it in bits till the challenge actually starts, and then it'll have to be on mute.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How do you log this workout here on MFP?
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Most people log it as circuit training....:happy:
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    I just picked it up. Going to start my NEW YEAR with a BANG! SHe is a little scarry. my kids will do work outs with me, until I put her on. My little girl calls her the "bad lady" : ) If thats what it takes then thats what it takes!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I'mdefinitely in! A friend has the DVD and said she'd lend it to me. However, I like that we're doing it over 60 days as I am very concerned about being able to manage it! Will do my best to keep up (but feel that as long as I make an effort to do SOME of it every other day, that at least will help!) I look forward to receiving the spreadsheet and seeing how we all do!
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO GET STARTEDDDD
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Do you have a HRM? Those are the most accurate ways to log it. For me and a few others in the 180lb weight range 5'6ish have been averaging around 220-280 calories per session so it depends on how hard you push yourself, your current weight, etc...If you are using a best guess, I would stick with 200ish because it's always better to underestimate exercise calories so you don't overeat. The other day I burned 261 calories and today I burned 288 so it just depends on how much you do. I was sweating by the end of my workout and the only thing I "cheated" on were those side to side weight lifts because my knee is bad and those lunge weight lifts. I did cardio instead to keep my heart rate up when they did those....

If you can get a heart rate monitor, that is the BEST way to tell. There is one on Amazon for only $20 which does calories and heart rate. The one I got was $50 and it had a chest strap which is wonderful so you don't have to keep pressing buttons...the chest strap updates everything for you wirelessly! Best thing I ever bought!
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ok guys! a little late, but i finally started 30ds today! i was really afraid to for some reason! i had been doing nmtz and thought 30ds would be harder and was already feeling very challenged with nmtz but to my delight 30ds wasn't harder in fact i found it a lot easier especially since it's only 20 minutes!! why didn't anyone tell me that? now i'm worried that 20 minutes won't be enough. those of you who have been doing it since jan 1 - do you find 20 min to be enough or are you supplementing it with other exercise?

anyway - i'm with you guys now! and ive decided i love jillian!!
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oh and i have a question - how long do you guys think we should stay at level 1? i didn't see anything on the dvd about that. is it just when you can do the whole level comfortably?