Phase 3

Options
lexagon
lexagon Posts: 495 Member
Starting Phase 3 today. I'm still a little on the fence as to whether I want to go on to phase three or start phase 2 over again. Not sure if I'm ready for that much cardio yet LOL And I'm having a lot of fun w/ the weight lifting aspect. We'll see what the rest of the day has to bring.

How is everyone liking it so far?

Replies

• bcbrigade
    Options
    As much as I like how much I have leaned out during phase 3 I can't wait to go back to phase 1. My knees need a break!!!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Haha I can understand that. I'm only in week 2 of Phase 3 and I'm feeling it. I'm sorta looking forward to circuits though. Just to change things up.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have one day left in Phase 2, was hoping to revive this with some phase 3 folks!
  • brencamille
    brencamille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have one week left in phase 3 and my knees so need a break, my whole body needs a break. Im ready to start over in phase 1 and just concentrate on lifting only. So, tired of cardio. I was doing fine last week and this week I just feel like my body has decided to quit. Im going to push through and finish up this last week, but it can be over soon enough. Im not doing so well at carb cycling either, the low carbs and calories may have something to do with my low energy. Im hoping this last week will show some definition in my abs. We will see.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah, carb cycling will be a challenge. I am going to try!!!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do fine!! Good luck, let us know how it goes!! :)
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you girls left me!! i'm just finishing up week 7 tomorrow. Congrats on getting to Phase 3, this ain't easy. I'm shocked at how long my Phase 2 workouts are taking, especially wks 5 and 6. Can't wait to hear how you do during Phase 3! Jennifer

p.s. congrats on the donkey calf lifts Amy!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I ended up doing the last day of Phase 2 yesterday so today I start Phase 3. the first week doesn't have any of the carb cycling but we are starting the HIIT.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    I ended up doing the last day of Phase 2 yesterday so today I start Phase 3. the first week doesn't have any of the carb cycling but we are starting the HIIT.

Let us know how the sprints go, they scare me!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Well day 1 about killed me! I thought today had no cardio so I didn't pack a good sports bra and then I see all the jumping! I cannot even jump rope for a minute straight and this is my rest?
    I did a pretty good job eating today.
    Does anyone have the recipe for chicken lettuce wraps? When I click on it, it is just nutrition info.
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, I am done with day 2 of Phase 3 and I am going to die. I really cannot do it! the active "rest" mountain climbers or is the rest bar bell rows?! And then last night was sprints, for 30 mins? I could only do 15 mins. I was dying. I know what you mean about your knees hurting!
    Also, today we are doing more arms and abs, some of the same exercises, which I thought we weren't going to do, or should be done in strength training.
    I am trying but I cannot workout for more than an hour and a half every night, so last night I did not even get to the tricep cables or the preacher curls.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    Oh god, Phase 3 does sound like a killer... I say just do as much as you can and maybe next week it'll feel easier?
    (I doubt it but who knows...)

On FB everyone is also posting about how P3 is crazy and is killing them :/

Good luck... !
  • amysj303
    Options
    oh, karin, maybe I want to join you on that repeat of phase 2! and 6 days per week! it's crazy...
    When it's done, I am going to work out 3 times per week and it will seem like a vacation:)
  • karinefitness
    Options
    Hehehe, yeah I know!
    I took a 3 days break and I could lift heavier today, it feels awesome!

Maybe 6 days is a bit much for some people (LIKE MEEE!). I'll stick to 5 days from now on...

Maybe you can still do P3 but not 6 days a week? Maybe try 5 days? I haven't look at the workouts yet so I'm not sure if you could change things around and make it work... But maybe you'd have more energy?
  • amysj303
    Options
    Maybe. It might be 5 days this week if I don't make it to the gym today or tomorrow!
    Yesterday was a little better, less "active rest" but still too many pushups and I couldn't get on the cable machine for the cross-overs.
  • jawolfe
    Options
    I'll be finishing up wk 8 this wkd. You girls are scaring me about what's to come!!
  • jawolfe
    Options
    I'm here! I'm officially starting Phase 3 today. These workouts look KILLER!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I took pictures before phase 3 and just looked at the progression and there is very little, if any difference! I am so discouraged because I have been working out 5 or 6 days per week for the last 8 weeks and the changes are really not visible!
    Phase 3 is Killer and it is hurting my knees-is it the jumping? sprints?
    I think muscle soreness is ok, but I don't want to hurt myself.
    Besides looking better, this is about being healthier and stronger so I don't want to do any real damage...
    Only a week before I have to do carb cycles...
  • amysj303
    Options
    I should mention I took a couple (um, three) days off, so I am just continueing where I left off, which was Day 60 today. Not going to be able to workout tomorrow or Thursday so I will just do the best I can!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Day 61 last night and Day 62 tonight. I think I will incorporate a little more rest into Phase 3. I felt pretty good on 60 and 61 after taking three days off! My knees feel ok today, too.
    I really want to try carb cycling for the two weeks before I go to Cozumel.
    Maybe while I am there I will take her home workouts in case I feel like I have to do something!