Phase 3

Options

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So far do you see changes since you started P3??
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think Phase 3 is a getting a little easier, but no real changes for me. some days are easier than others.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    I might be starting P3 tomorrow... I'm sort of bored with P2, I've gone through P2 once and now started again and I am at week 6, but I think I'm bored and want to jump to P3 tomorrow... I want results! And that 6 pack ;)
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am on day 71. I did post my pre phase 1, 2, 3 pics on another thread in this group, the changes are minimal! But I go to Mexico in a week!
    I never tried carb cycling, either. It was my birthday last week and life happens!
  • karinefitness
    Options
    ^^
    Carb cycling scares me! I'm not sure I'll do it... I might reduce but I don't think I will go really low. I'll see...

And about the sprints; were you able to do 30 minutes the first time? I'm thinking 20 minutes might be doable, but not sure about 30. I guess I'll see how it goes tonight. I don't have a jump rope either, so I might run between sets. There is a track at my gym so it would be easier; I might have to do the sprints on the track as well since the gym is crazy busy those days. Do you think it would work?
  • amysj303
    Options
    On the sprints, I still have not done 30 minutes and I am not too worried because I thought sprints should only be done for 20 minutes anyway, so that is what I shoot for.
    Get a jump rope;) but jumping jacks would be ok too. sprints on the track would be different, and you might be tired of running when you get to the end of your workout, so try jumping in place or something like that. But ask your gym, they probably keep some jump ropes around.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    On the sprints, I still have not done 30 minutes and I am not too worried because I thought sprints should only be done for 20 minutes anyway, so that is what I shoot for.
    Get a jump rope;) but jumping jacks would be ok too. sprints on the track would be different, and you might be tired of running when you get to the end of your workout, so try jumping in place or something like that. But ask your gym, they probably keep some jump ropes around.

I'll try the jumping jacks, good idea!
    Thing is my gym is pretty busy at night so I don't think I'll even be able to find space to jump rope!
  • amysj303
    Options
    24 hour fitness was so crowded after the new year I had to join the fitness center here at work, but it is quiet-lots of room to jump rope! but I can see jumping rope and getting some personal space at the gym when it is crowded:wink:
  • amysj303
    Options
    not totally loving the cinnamon apple protein bars! I just made them last night. I think they are overcooked, kinda dry and spongy but the flavor isn't altogether bad. I don't want to waste them-I have 9 servings and go to Mexico Saturday, so...
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Does anyone else have any before and after photos???

:smile:
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Didnt take any
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Bummer
  • jawolfe
    Options
    I'm not seeing any real changes anyway. I've definately built some muscle mass and got stronger, but have not leaned out at all. Not blaming the program, it's b/c I haven't followed the nutrition. But today is the 3rd day into Phase 3 and I have high hopes. Also plan to count calories for the next 4 wks. Given those cardio sprints, I HAVE to see results!
  • karinefitness
    Options
    Yes, I think nutrition is the biggest part... I've tried to stick to the plan, but really, I've semi-failed at that :-(

I've eaten chips and candies and even slacked off the program when I broke up with my bf a few weeks ago. And I was sick! So it didn't help! :(

I managed to put on a decent amount of muscle, but I'm thinking that abs should already be sticking out considering I'm not looking to loose much fat. I'm hoping P3 will make them pop :) I gained 1.6 pounds (which I am very happy about) but pants/skirts are now too big on me, so I guess I leaned out while gaining muscles, but I don't see it so much.

I'll stick to nutrition (a little more) for that last Phase. Problem is, I cannot seem to get rid of my starch at dinner. I try to reduce it during the day so I can have some at dinner otherwise I feel like I'm starving. I'm definitely going to try the carb cycling starting next week, I hope it'll help.

I also have very high hopes for P3! We'll see... I'll do a 2nd round of the trainer when I'm done.
  • amysj303
    Options
    my results are not very noticeable, no abs:(
    wryo48.jpg

first column is pre-phase one, middle column is pre-phase 2 and last column is pre-phase 3

I have been slacking on phase 3, I only do 5 days per week. I should've been done on Saturday when I go to Mexico but I will only be on day 74. I doubt I will take pictures at the end of phase 3 because of the Mexico break!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    ^^
    Carb cycling scares me! I'm not sure I'll do it... I might reduce but I don't think I will go really low. I'll see...

And about the sprints; were you able to do 30 minutes the first time? I'm thinking 20 minutes might be doable, but not sure about 30. I guess I'll see how it goes tonight. I don't have a jump rope either, so I might run between sets. There is a track at my gym so it would be easier; I might have to do the sprints on the track as well since the gym is crazy busy those days. Do you think it would work?

Sometimes when I could not find the jump rope or if there wasnt enough room, I would just jump rope without the rope still mving my arms while jumping or just run in place. Jumping jacks would work as well. Anything to get your heart rate up! Carb cycling really wasnt that bad. I thought I woudltn be able to do it but it was actully easy. Just up your protein to account for energy since you are lowering your carbs.
  • jawolfe
    Options
    kareinef27, are you officially on day 59 tonight? just wondering if we are in sync.

I did the sprints for the first time last night and actually enjoyed them. I found it much easier to run than when it's at a constant pace. I had to start my sprints at 7.6 but was able to get up to 8.0. Only problem was I had to get home for dinner (Valentines day and all) so I only did 15 min. Another 30 min is scheduled for tonight, so I'll have to do my makeup 15 min tomorrow. : ( After doing Legs on Mon and then springs yesterday I find that my quads are KILLING. I'm also really tired today but then again my nutrition may not have been great for the past few days and I did have champagne last night, so tough to tell.

Asjerven, what are you doing when you get back from Mexico? starting over or picking up where you left off or other??

I'm already confused about what to do when I finish Phase 3, anyone have any suggestions??

Good luck, everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I don't know what I will do when I get back! I feel like I should finish it, but then what? Looking at New Rules of Lifting for Women, but part of me just wants to simplify, maybe try like a Rippetoe 5x5, three times per week kind of plan.
  • karinefitness
    Options
    ^^

Sometimes when I could not find the jump rope or if there wasnt enough room, I would just jump rope without the rope still mving my arms while jumping or just run in place. Jumping jacks would work as well. Anything to get your heart rate up! Carb cycling really wasnt that bad. I thought I woudltn be able to do it but it was actully easy. Just up your protein to account for energy since you are lowering your carbs.

I ran (since we have a track around the gym) and did mountain climbers as well as jumping jacks... My ankles/tibia are killing me today. I don't think it's shin splits, but it kinda feels like it... I had trouble walking this morning but now it's better. Part of me wants to take a rest day (I'm on day 59 tonight, so sprints are scheduled) but part of me also wants to rest... I'm still undecided and I'm leaving work in 15 minutes so I gotta make up my mind! Just not sure if the pain will be worse tomorrow if I workout tonight...
  • jawolfe
    Options
    My quads were killing me last night and I was not looking forward to sprints! but once i started I was fine. Only did 20 min though. But today again...SORE. I can't imagine that she has me doing legs again so soon (Day 60!). Not to mention I still owe 25 min of cardio this week so far. I'll probably do something a bit easier like elliptical or bike, steady pace. So far my pants are still getting tighter?!?!?