Introductions

Options

Replies

• ForBess
    Options
    Hi all. I'm looking for support and motivation to get back on track with some fitness goals I had going before pregnancy a few years ago. The baby is almost 2 now and I'm back down to my pre-baby "fat girl" weight. I want to :

a. get back into running, which I had finally managed to make routine and enjoyable before I got pregnant (the first time, before I miscarried and then became pregnant again almost immediately).

b. get back down to, at least, the weight I was when I was working out (162), but, even better, down to my goal weight back then of 140.

Really, I want to feel better and find space in my life for some exercise and healthier eating. I'm finally at a point where this doesn't seem impossible. It took a long time to be able to walk up stairs again after my c-section. ;-) It is, alas, right smack in the middle of the holiday season, which is hard. Wish I could find a local running buddy, but until then maybe I could find some pals here.
  • lollie676
    lollie676 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Finally getting back on track! Been on MFP for a while but ready to get serious now. Looking for a few friends to have a support system and hold myself accountable! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi there i am Tammy and i am mommy of four wounderfull fun filled kids ages 13yb,11yg,8yb,2yb i have been over weight since my second pregnacy so ten years ago this all started and never slowed down. i am looking at ways to get time for myself and keep at it . i dont want to shorten my life anymore then i have for being over weight. No one in my family has lived over the age of 65 because of health problems and i want to stop the cycle. i am looking at getting down at lease sixty pounds and go from there.
  • 123bonfire
    123bonfire Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls, I'm Bonnie. Mother of 1. Here to give and receive support to and from other moms!
  • britney523
    britney523 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone ! So here I am once again... Two years ago right before our wedding I dropped 40 lbs, I was happy, healthy and had more energy then I could have ever remembered.. Fast Forward to today I'm back up 30 lbs at 143 ( I'm only 5' ) Two deaths in our family and a promotion at work really took a toll on my habits and would fall into a pattern of drinking with my husband. Not much but he brews his own beer and I figured out they were over 400 calories per beer ! Anywho I'm here and I've started today, for me , for my husband, and for my two little boys Noah 6 and Ryden 3. I tend to fall back into old patterns so I'm hoping by adding a new one maybe I can replace some of the old habits.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello! Mom of twin 4 year olds here! Ive been really focused on my career and life that worrying about the weight I put on during my pregnancy never was an option.. even though it drove me INSANE!

I was a size 16 when I got pregnant was up to a 20-22. I am currently ( dependent on the clothes.. 14 -16 some 18's if they are jeans more so) So I have been working really hard, got a trainer with a workout plan and nutrition plan. I loved both but come NOvember when I started travelling alot for work I pretty much stopped both all together. I eat on the go bc I just cant seem to find enough hours in the day right now!

I am hoping this next week will be much better and get to the gym 2x before xmas at least!

I just need some extra support and motivation! I hope i can give that too all of you as welL!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where your coming from!! Lets work together, life and careers can be a death toll if we let it! Good Luck this week!
  • Princessj86
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jessica. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful son.

I have been back and fourth with my weight since the day I had my son 5 years ago. I never suffered from weight since I was practically underweight most of my life. I was only 82 lbs and size 0 before I had my son and gain to 138 lbs being pregnant. I gave birth and my postpartum weight was 115 lbs and size 5. Nine months postpartum I decided to start getting back in shape working out everyday 3 hrs a day 2 days off and started taking diet pills as well. At that time I was in school so with the back and fourth helped as well. I went down to 105 lbs size 1 and 2. I felt better and my confidence boosted. I was doing well til I moved 2 yrs ago and found out I was pregnant. I went back up to 112 lbs in less then a month. I had a miscarriage a month later and since then my weight started increasing. I am so ready to get my sexy back and kick the pounds off.
  • evalala25
    Options
    Hello, I am 25 and the mother of a handsome 3year old wild boy. I want to get healthy for him and me, and am planning on losing 85 pounds overall.
  • janna0531
    janna0531 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a 35 year old mother of 5 kids, ages ranging from 17 to 2 years old. I work Full Time from home, and I'm also a blogger. My kids keep me very busy, and over the past few years I've really struggled to find time to work out and plan healthy meals. I also LOVE to bake, which is a terrible hobby to have when one is overweight! :)

Now that my youngest is 2, I'm looking to make my health a priority starting now! I healthier me will only help make me a better mom. I'm so excited to get started, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Roxxim13
    Options
    Hey, My name is Leilani, I just turned 30 :( and I am a mother of three one of which is only 2 months, now that my incision has finally healed, and my doctor has given me the go ahead, I find my self soooo discouraged when I look in the mirror, sure the stretch marks of the other kids were their before, but that added on to the extra weight just breaks my heart. At the end of 2010 to about July of 2011, I had went from 175lbs to 128lbs I was so proud that when I got pregnant (SURPRISE!).... All I could think of the whole pregnancy was the weight gain but still having a healthy baby, now I am stuck back at 144lbs on a good day and I need friends, other moms who know what I am talking about. I don't have friends where I live. I moved to OR in 2007 and become a stay at home mom 9 months later, and I haven't worked or anything to meet other people, to add the fact that I am just too shy that's why I am looking on here. I look forward to getting to meet others, like myself :D
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just joined the group! My name is Shannon, I'm 35 and a mother of 5 and wife to 1! I have struggled with my weight since my first pregnancy a little over 15 years ago. A few years ago I went down to 156 and felt great, then after several medical issues and medications I ballooned up to 210. I am currently weighing in at 187 with a short-term goal of 170 and a long term goal of 147.

My issues outside of having a Pacemaker, are that I eat when I am bored and I am constantly tired and worn out and never feel like I have time to eat healthy. That has recently changed as I went from 197 to 187 over a few weeks of eating better. I work full-time M-F and find it hard to find the time to eat anything so I grab something from the vending machine between meetings. Not the best idea...my plan is to get out and walk at least 30 minutes a day a few times a week, give up the soda completely, bring my lunch and snacks to work so I stay FAR AWAY from the vending machines and make healthy choices when ever possible. My theory is that even McDonald's has a lower calorie option if I just take a few minutes to look. ;) Of course I will be avoiding the big Mickey D's as much as possible.
  • mamabearconrey
    Options
    I'm new and need some mommy friends to help me be a real role model for my daughter!!
  • sallie6969
    Options
    Hello, Im new to MFP and this group....i had lost 18 pounds earlier in the year and hit a standstill. Now, I am determined to lose the rest of what I want to lose. I know what to do and how to do it...I just need the support and motivation to get in gear again. The first thing I did was put the treadmill in the living room so I have to see it everyday and it screams at me to use it all the time.....so here goes nothing, or I should say all the pounds. Good luck to us on this journey
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Dani. I am 33 years old and live in Mass. I am a mother to a wonderful 2 year old little boy and am expecting my second boy in March. I have been on MFP since shortly after my first son was born. I manage to lose 26 lbs before I started my second pregnancy. I am looking for some mommy friends that understand the struggles of motherhood, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and balancing it all.
  • Hi, moms! I am new to mfp and I am so happy to have found this group of moms who share the same goals as I do! I am looking for support and inspiration and promise to give it right back! I know we can do this! We brought life into this world! We can do ANYTHING!!!
  • mjsumrall
    Options
    Hi, I'm MJ. I'm 34, 5'6, and 216.6 lbs. I have 4 kiddos, major back problems, arthritis, and I'm pre-diabetic. I'm looking to make some lasting changes in 2013.
  • kikiw39
    kikiw39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to MFP. I registered a few months ago but never really used it. I'm a stay home/work from home mother. I used to be very active up until 4 years ago when I got pregnant with my 3rd daughter. After I had her and then her sister a year later I have struggled to get back to taking care of me. For one, I've been extremely tired! Part of the reason is real fatigue and the other is due to having iron deficient anemia which I didn't find out about until a little over a year ago. So, I'm here and ready to get back to being a more health me.
  • heidicnz
    Options
    Hi, just joined today....scared and excited to start this journey. I have heaps to lose but am positive to go all the way.:smile:
  • julzfd
    julzfd Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi IM new to MFP and am looking for like minded people to connect with and help get healthy. IM 177 and have a goal of 140. Feel free to add me! :)