Introductions

Options
I am new to mfp and I am looking for some motivating and supportive friends to help me. My current weight is around 215 and my Goal weight is 125-115.. I have an addiction to mt dew.. carbonated drinks really.. also I have more problems eating enough calories. I can go all day with forgetting to eat. I don't know how to reach my goals.. any advise??

Replies

• marisela8
    marisela8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hy im new here to im looking for some friends to my current weight is 172 and my goal weight is 125-120. im addicted to chocolate and ice cream but we can help each other out if u want.
  • allibazzer
    allibazzer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm alli. I just joined the group. I'm 38, a mother of 2 young boys ages 2 and 5. I'm having a really hard time not using food to comfort myself when I am stressed out with them, after a long day with them. I get resentful and feel DRIVEN to food by the fatigue of being a mother. It's so hard to break out of overeating at night on junkfood. I don't have much weight to lose, but I have a long history of weight loss and gain, loss and gain.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group and am looking forward to getting to know other moms who are struggling to find time for exercise and meal planning. I am a sahm of 7, only 3 still at home a grandma to 5. I have fibromyalgia , chronic fatigue and hypothyroidism and gained alot of weight due to meds , lack of exercise and comfort eating. I started MFP in july 2010 because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and have lost 90 lbs and feel like I have my life back. I have 10 more to go to reach my original goal.....
  • AngelicAries
    AngelicAries Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Stacy im new here and just looking to stay motivated on my weight loss journey. I would like to lose about 100 lbs :embarassed: over the next year or so. :smile:
  • Hi I am Katie, sahm of a 7 yr old. I lost 29 pounds before joining mfp. I am hoping to lose 30 to 100 pds. ( The doctor suggested 100) I'm thinking to keep it at 5 pds intervals.
  • loorana
    loorana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Ana and I been struggling to loose weight for a while now. After I had my daughter I was 209lbs and motivated myself to go down to 176lbs..but now It seems like my weight goes up and down and never goes under 176 lbs... I am looking to be around 145 lbs- 135lbs...and somehow find that motivation I had then again but I have a weakness for chocolate and thai food( restaurant down the block from where I live is delishhh!!!) In other words I need some type of help...
  • Jessie10701
    Jessie10701 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Jessie and I am mother of two very active boys ages 4 and 7. I work full time and is very hard for me to actually make meals. I only cook for the boys, but as for me, I usually just grab what ever is around me. After having two c-sections it has been very hard to loose the weight. I am at 185 lbs and would love to loose 10 lbs to start and work myself down. I just join a gym which is 5 minutes form my home, I am hoping to go at least 3 times a week. I am love to encourage others, but I lack on encouraging myself. I need support, that is why I have join MFP and this group. Let the journey begin.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My name is amber im 20 and recently had my first child shes now 4 months old and im looking to get in shape to keep up with her i want to be able to do all the things my parents couldent. im looking for ideas for working out with her as well as friends because i havent dieted before and am hoping friends will help to keep me motavated
  • delasia12
    delasia12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of three and wife of one:) I have a full time job, go to school, and I try to cook at least three times a week for my family. My weight has been an issue all my life, and even though thru the years i have kept it under control, I never really learned how to NOT DIET. Having children has been a blessing but it also puts a lot of stress on mothers who try to do it all. I am really excited about this journey and I hope that I can be a motivating force for my fellow Moms on a mission and I pray that I gain encouragement from all of you.
  • emgabi1204
    Options
    I am new as well just started today. I am a mom of 2 ages 5 and 8 and have been blaming my fat on having babies for far toooo long. I weigh 160 at the doctor the other day and about collapsed and told her the reason i came was for a check up not a fat check up. Anyways I want to lose 30-35 pounds so I can feel better be mroe active especially with my kids and husband. I would like to weight les then my husband( 6 feet and 160 pounds...uggghh). i started the 17 day diet on Monday with friedns at work so I have stuck to my 1200 calories and 20 minute workout a day. I love zumba but trying to find time to go and do it 3 times a week. Does anyone know a good at home workout to do for cardio for 30 minutes a day???? Well good luck to everyone and hopfeully by this summer I will actually want to get in a swimsuit!
  • newme1226
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to MFP as well, and i just started dieting on January 9. I am looking for friends to chat with about their everyday obstacles of trying to lose weight,( I know mine is a struggle). I am a single mom of 2 wonderful kids... 5 yr.old boy, and 3yr.girl. With everything that they have going on, its really difficult for me to stay focused on excercising daily, eating healty and focusing on MY GOAL of losing 90lbs. So, if anyone would like to chat , offer advice, suggestions, or just simply share your journey, I will do the same!!!!!
  • mystilee
    mystilee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Misty. I am 30 years old, and I currently weight 250lbs. <<<That right there is a huge step for me, that is NOT something I put out there, ever. I have 2 kids, my daughter is 11 and my son is 15 months. I want to get healthy for them. I recently recommitted to losing weight. I used to do weight watchers, but I can't afford that right now, so I'm trying this this time around! My first goal weight is 170, when I get there I will decide if I want to lose more or not.....
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Chantelle and am 24 years old and currently 144.4 lbs. I have a beautiful three year old daughter who brings many joys and sometimes hardships (lol) into my life but I'm so enriched by her existence, it's crazy!

I skyrocketed up to 198lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter (which meant a 60 lb weight gain during my pregnancy) and am still trying to lose the excess weight. Prior to becoming pregnant, I was "skinny fat" and now I'm aiming to be fit and ripped! I don't expect to ever be 130 lbs again because I'm putting on muscle now that I didnt have when I was skinny fat! =]
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 30 yr old single mom :) I started 1-1-12 and need to lose approximately 120 lbs. my son is only 2 so he is a major motivation because I need to break the cycle of obesity in my family. My brother started losing weight about a year ago and has lost quite a bit. He is doing it slowly, so good for him! I just want my son to grow up eating good food and not junk so that as he gets older he appreciates fruit, vegetables, and an active lifestyle. Right now? Junk food, fast food, and sitting a lot. Not cool in my opinion!
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi ive only joined today and my exercise will start tomorrow (as im just setting this up)
    im 244 lbs and my target weight is around 144lbs (my realistic goal)
    im big chested so i find some exercises a bit painful/embarrising to do ( im no good if you want a jogging partner but maybe a walking buddy?
    love to make some new friends for myself and maybe my son (almost 6) and daughter (4) xx :smile:
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hiya misty im going to see if i want to loose any more weight when i get to my target weight i think its best to do it slowly xx
  • rosaleigh510
    Options
    Im a mom of a very active 2 year old and I am trying to loose they weight so I can keep up with him! Its time for me to find myself again so i can be the best mom i can be!
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just recently joined to try to stick to my diet this time around! I am have one son that is 5 years old. The diet I am on is very strict, but my son has food allergies so most of the junk food stays out of the house. The hardest part is going to be making food for the rest of my family and not being able to eat it! Please feel free to add me!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Barb. I live in Florida. I am the mom of 4 life long kids (special needs) currently @ home I have a 21 yr old daughter who we have to bring home because of safety issues. There's my 15 yrs son with autism that drives everyone nuts (@ home and @ school). My 12 yr old daughter is a total care 24/7/365 child. Like many of you I'm on the road all the time but instead of going to little league or gymnatics I'm at doctor appointment or therapy. This has added to my weight along with the fact that I live rurally and drive over an hour to get anywhere. Although, I join this web site some time last year when a friend challenged me I didn't really get started untill January 1, 2012. I've decided I'm tired of being sick and tired. After 27 years of putting my kids first..I'M DONE!, it's time for ME!

I put my elliptical in the laudry room, positioned it so that I can open the door to the family room and see the tv. So Tuesday night is my tv night. Watching Biggest Loser while moving, no more ice cream. No one is allowed to change the channel. No one is allow to talk to me….IT’S MY TWO HOURS!

My starting weight was 199 pounds. As of last Sat. I'm down 9 lbs. I'm sticking to logging in my food, taking my supplements and hitting the gym 5 mornings a week. Started weight lifting this week, and hitting my elliptical on the week-end and Tuesday night......I'm on a MISSION!.............ME!

PW - 194
    CW - 190

4526527.png